Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Breaking news - R v. W sells couch

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,738
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Bob_C said:

We lost our democracy today when an unelected court suggested they don’t have the power to legislate and that elected officials should determine the law. Sad day really.

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”

HTH
    I think @Bob_C was being SarKastic.
    I still cannot understand how people applaud handing this over to the states, which will leave us? with a patch-work of laws that will run the spectrum. [So?]

There's a reason that no state, not even Mississippi, can legalize slavery. [Constitutional amendment #13 bars slavery in the US]. Same applies here. [It doesn't]

But, but, but social strife is irrelevant.
    “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights; that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.”

Good enough for me. If the constitution needs an amendment to clarify that it protects the lives of the innocent, then it's a piece of paper not worth wiping my ass with.

What you're really saying is that, if the states want to legalize the taking of innocent life, then they can until we amend the Constitution.

Is that where you sit on this issue?

Shame on you.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Bill Kristol is complaining about the ruling

Mr Conservative

I hear he voted for Reagan that means he is a real Conservative unlike you.

The same folks who tell you that Shall Not Be Infringed means go ahead and infringe think there is language in the constitution that protects abortion

There isn't. Nothing to stop it either

If we had a right to privacy 81% of police work would be illegal and 100% of internet companies would be as well

I'm not even a pretend lawyer like creep or a shitty lawyer like H but I think that things that are not covered specifically as a federal law revert to the states

Then you weren't paying attention to the arguments in the abortion thread. It's ok. Even you can be wrong once every 100 years or so.

Unless you are convinced the states currently enjoy the freedom to legislate the taking of innocent life. That's a mighty big delegation of power. I hold it as self-evident our Creator thinks otherwise. A few guys in Philadelphia thought so too.

Bob_C said:

We lost our democracy today when an unelected court suggested they don’t have the power to legislate and that elected officials should determine the law. Sad day really.

HTH
    I still cannot understand how people applaud handing this over to the states, which will leave us? with a patch-work of laws that will run the spectrum.

There's a reason that no state, not even Mississippi, can legalize slavery. Same applies here.

Slavery was abolished by properly legislative action via the Constitution.
    You'd think El Creepo would know that
    Pay closer attention.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,078
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The same folks who tell you that Shall Not Be Infringed means go ahead and infringe think there is language in the constitution that protects abortion

If we had a right to privacy 81% of police work would be illegal and 100% of internet companies would be as well

I'm not even a pretend lawyer like creep or a shitty lawyer like H but I think that things that are not covered specifically as a federal law revert to the states

Then you weren't paying attention to the arguments in the abortion thread. It's ok. Even you can be wrong once every 100 years or so.

Unless you are convinced the states currently enjoy the freedom to legislate the taking of innocent life. That's a mighty big delegation of power. I hold it as self-evident our Creator thinks otherwise. A few guys in Philadelphia thought so too.
    States have the power to take life

Hope this helps

Bob_C said:

HTH
    I still cannot understand how people applaud handing this over to the states, which will leave us? with a patch-work of laws that will run the spectrum.

There's a reason that no state, not even Mississippi, can legalize slavery. Same applies here.

Sounds like you'd be in favor of a legislative federal ban on abortion. Get rid of the filibuster, flip congress red and it can happen.
    I'm pure. You know that. Sure, I'd be in favor, but I don't think I need it. The preamble makes it clear, and if there is a notion that the Constitution, as currently drafted, allows for the taking of innocent life if in the infinite wisdom of the state legislature it is decided so, then the Constitution is a useless piece of shit for a document.

The SCOTUS should have decided that abortion, under any circumstances, is unconstitutional on its face.

I don't expect the Ducks to understand. You do. Sleddy does. Roadtrip does. I think my hermano Doog_bot gets it. Why are my other DWAGs struggling so mightily?
    edited June 2022

Bob_C said:

HTH

Slavery was abolished by proper legislative action via the Constitution.
    So you think we need "proper" legislative action to clarify that the taking of innocent life is forbidden? Sounds like you should have taken a break from Balmer and spent a little more time in Savery Hall. Disappointed in you.
    Standard Supporter

Bob_C said:

HTH

Pay closer attention.
    For those of you not picking up what our Cuban friend is laying down he supports abortion. His argument is completely disingenuous.
    edited June 2022

Hope this helps
    No, it doesn't. It has that power in narrowly prescribed circumstances. Certainly the state of WASHINGTON lacks the power to randomly walk into my home and kill me for no reason. Or is that up for a vote?

Sounds like this Constitution is a flimsy piece of paper. Not sure what was ever united about the united states. Sad to realize I guess.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    We will disagree. You and I have a different view on "life". I have no problem with the morning after pill and you would be in the small minority of Americans that would view that as taking a life. I'll go along with the 3 or 4 month rule.

Bob_C said:

HTH

Sounds like you'd be in favor of a legislative federal ban on abortion. Get rid of the filibuster, flip congress red and it can happen.
    I'm pure. You know that. Sure, I'd be in favor, but I don't think I need it. The preamble makes it clear, and if there is a notion that the Constitution, as currently drafted, allows for the taking of innocent life if in the infinite wisdom of the state legislature it is decided so, then the Constitution is a useless piece of shit for a document.

The SCOTUS should have decided that abortion, under any circumstances, is unconstitutional on its face.

I don't expect the Ducks to understand. You do. Sleddy does. Roadtrip does. I think my hermano Doog_bot gets it. Why are my other DWAGs struggling so mightily?
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hope this helps
    No, it doesn't. It has that power in narrowly prescribed circumstances. Certainly the state of WASHINGTON lacks the power to randomly walk into my home and kill me for no reason. Or is that up for a vote?

Sounds like this Constitution is a flimsy piece of paper. Not sure what was ever united about the united states. Sad to realize I guess.
    No it doesn't

It has that power

I'm right your tedious and boring
    SFGbob said:

Bob_C said:

HTH

Pay closer attention.
    For those of you not picking up what our Cuban friend is laying down he supports abortion. His argument is completely disingenuous.

Hope this helps

No it doesn't

It has that power

The state has the power to kill me indiscriminately? I wouldn't have guessed. It seems weird that I'm protected from a law that would allow my enslavement but not from one allowing the state or anyone else to knock me off for whatever reason it chooses.

But I'm probably being disingenuous now. Says the Duck pro-baby killer.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hope this helps

No it doesn't

It has that power

The state has the power to kill me indiscriminately? I wouldn't have guessed. It seems weird that I'm protected from a law that would allow my enslavement but not from one allowing the state or anyone else to knock me off for whatever reason it chooses.

But I'm probably being disingenuous now. Says the Duck pro-baby killer.
    The state kills people all the time. Quote common really

St George Floyd forgives you as does Ashli Babbit and the 4 dead in Ohio

The constitution has an enumerated right to protect your home against unreasonable search and seizure

But a no knock warrant and boom your dead
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Bob_C said:

HTH

Pay closer attention.

Now you're just lying.

We will disagree. You and I have a different view on "life". I have no problem with the morning after pill and you would be in the small minority of Americans that would view that as taking a life. I'll go along with the 3 or 4 month rule.

Bob_C said:

HTH

That's a moral dilemma. Let me know if you are ever open to discussing it further. I think in time you'll come to see the error of your view here. I did. Time and perspective led me to the right answer.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Bob_C said:

HTH

Pay closer attention.

Now you're just lying.
    Nope. I'm not. You've shown a proclivity for reading minds in the past. You must be slipping. My feet are taped to the pedals on this one. It's wrong. Biology has given us a nice and clear bright line. There's nothing ambiguous about this entire argument. Only those who want to maintain the "convenience" argue their way to "compromise". From my POV, if you compromise on this you may as well be wearing a pink pussy hat and line up with them.

But if you are able to get a good night's sleep, then that tells me all I need to know.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,821
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Doubtful. No change with me since Roe was decided. Roe was a Constitution monstrosity. Now it's not. Abortion was legal in 20 states before Roe.

Bob_C said:

HTH

That's a moral dilemma. Let me know if you are ever open to discussing it further. I think in time you'll come to see the error of your view here. I did. Time and perspective led me to the right answer.
    Standard Supporter
    When you unleashed your paranoid rant about the how the "Christian Right might do something" the example you gave of what you feared they might do was the banning of abortion in a particular state.

Now unless your position has completely changed in the last 18 months, you're dishonestly arguing a position you don't really believe in.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Anyone have Post football game party abortion statistics?