Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Five-star RB prospect Rueben Owens commits to Louisville

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,974
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club

Louisville made a splash on Monday landing a commitment from five-star prospect Rueben Owens, the No. 1 running back recruit in the 2023 class.

Owens, who announced his intentions on social media Monday, is the second-highest ranked recruit the Cardinals have landed in the modern recruiting era, according to 247Sports. The El Campo, Texas product is the No. 16 overall player in the 2023 class per the 247Sports Composite.

A former Texas commit, Owens pledged to the Longhorns in February 2021 before reopening his process four months later. He has 43 offers and visited Michigan State, Texas A&M and TCU this spring before his official visit to Louisville over the weekend.

In his commitment announcement, Owens said "I have always been a trailblazer, and aimed to create my own legacy on the road less traveled in hopes of inspiring others to believe in themselves. It was the driving force in my making this life-changing decision on where to spend the next 3-4 years of my life."

The 5-foot-11, 190-pound Owens rushed for 2,989 yards and 46 touchdowns in his junior season for El Campo High. He is the 10th commit in Louisville's 2023 class and the fifth blue-chip prospect.

Louisville's 2023 class is currently ranked 11th nationally, per 247.

Comments