Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Saudi LIV Tour

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

I can't wait for the first player to complain about anything like the spoiled players here do. These golfers are the saudi's newest little toy, they won't like it when they complain like they have done about the hand that fed them here (The PGA).

Anyone think the saudi's are going to put up with negative comments about their new league?

I live on an island that has 28 PGA tour players living on it. Most I have never heard of. One hosted a campaign event I went to. He is a nobody in the PGA but his house was incredible and he is clearly doing very well with his endorsements. These guys aren't starving. Chasing the sun and playing a non-contact sport seems to be good to them.

Greg Norman is worth a half of a billion dollars. Does anyone think we would have ever heard of him without the PGA tour? It is always interesting to me to watch greed destroy the vehicle that put you on its back and drove you there.

I enjoy the free martlet and competition. Seems like some of you don't.

The market will work it out.
    Who doesn't enjoy the free market? Do you think that doesn't make what they have done a dick move? Free market has nothing to do with any of this, it has to do with shitting in the palm of the hand that fed you. About getting into bed with the slimy saudi's and ignoring their atrocities against man kind and women so that you can make a few bucks. I hope that jerk off Ian Poulter stays out of this country for good so maybe there is a sliver lining to this afterall.

I think they should make all the money they can but decisions are not made in a vacuum, there are perceptions and consequences. I think they look ridiculous. The new little saudi play things being led around by a hooded bearded one with a dollar bill on a fish hook.

What I will be interested in seeing is if any networks here schedule to televise. The uber rich saudi's don't care if they get sponsorship dollars but after awhile people who are so motivated will tire of watching this shit on pay per view YouTube. You think the lineup here is full of nobody's? Wait until a regular tournament for this LIV league. There will be 10 names and then 60 strangers.
    Setting up competition is a dick move? Weird take.

It will succeed or fail if it's merits. You seem pretty fragile about it. Especially your moral outrage about the Saudis. I'm guessing you're still buying gas and own many things made in China.
    We just sat through an Olympics in China. They had their ski jumping on top of a coal plant and the brought out a Uyghur to light the torch. All the athletes wore masks because of the China Virus. Everyone can fuck off with their latest outrage for eternity.
    It was a Nuke plant. But still
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,898
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Antifa will be out to toss milkshakes at Bryson. They’ll ignore the fact that half the members at Pumpkin are highly paid Nike execs.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

I would have sold out for the money to be clear.

A no brainer for the average golfer. But the douce Dustin Johnson has a new worth of $50 million and now he has more and a reputation he had worked pretty hard on restoring is now shot. Same with Phil. He will have a hard time replacing all his lost endorsement money. Americans don't like an uneven playing field unless you are a democrat. Very few democratic Americans left.
    I was gonna say the opposite. Phil got like $200m and DJ got like $150-$200. Both are basically exempt in all majors for awhile. DJ would have to win ten FedEx cups in a row to make that kind of cash. He could win another 10 pga tour events and it wouldn’t improve his legacy even close to what another major or two would do.
    Still, their reputations are shot. I think the Masters stays with their required tour winnings requirements along with the PGA. Will be tough for a non-major winner to stay qualified.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,302
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I can't wait for the first player to complain about anything like the spoiled players here do. These golfers are the saudi's newest little toy, they won't like it when they complain like they have done about the hand that fed them here (The PGA).

Anyone think the saudi's are going to put up with negative comments about their new league?

I live on an island that has 28 PGA tour players living on it. Most I have never heard of. One hosted a campaign event I went to. He is a nobody in the PGA but his house was incredible and he is clearly doing very well with his endorsements. These guys aren't starving. Chasing the sun and playing a non-contact sport seems to be good to them.

Greg Norman is worth a half of a billion dollars. Does anyone think we would have ever heard of him without the PGA tour? It is always interesting to me to watch greed destroy the vehicle that put you on its back and drove you there.

I enjoy the free martlet and competition. Seems like some of you don't.

The market will work it out.
    Who doesn't enjoy the free market? Do you think that doesn't make what they have done a dick move? Free market has nothing to do with any of this, it has to do with shitting in the palm of the hand that fed you. About getting into bed with the slimy saudi's and ignoring their atrocities against man kind and women so that you can make a few bucks. I hope that jerk off Ian Poulter stays out of this country for good so maybe there is a sliver lining to this afterall.

I think they should make all the money they can but decisions are not made in a vacuum, there are perceptions and consequences. I think they look ridiculous. The new little saudi play things being led around by a hooded bearded one with a dollar bill on a fish hook.

What I will be interested in seeing is if any networks here schedule to televise. The uber rich saudi's don't care if they get sponsorship dollars but after awhile people who are so motivated will tire of watching this shit on pay per view YouTube. You think the lineup here is full of nobody's? Wait until a regular tournament for this LIV league. There will be 10 names and then 60 strangers.
    Setting up competition is a dick move? Weird take.

It will succeed or fail if it's merits. You seem pretty fragile about it. Especially your moral outrage about the Saudis. I'm guessing you're still buying gas and own many things made in China.
    Fragile? What the fuck are you talking about? My opinion differs from yours so I am "fragile"? FFS man, discuss the point or don't but stop with the bullshit about fragility or free markets. My points had nothing to do with any of that.

Norman and the saudi's aren't trying to play in concert with the PGA, they are trying to end it, and I hope they fall flat on their face.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Alexis said:

BTW, you guys are fags.

She's going to hook the shit out of the ball. No way to hit the deep right pin with that grip.
    That's absolutely the first thing I noticed in this photo.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811

Alexis said:

BTW, you guys are fags.

She's going to hook the shit out of the ball. No way to hit the deep right pin with that grip.
    That's absolutely the first thing I noticed in this photo.
    There are multiple ways to grip the shaft.

brb, jo

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The leader board at the Canadian Open is timely for the tour
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Watching some of the Golf Channel US Open week coverage. Justin Thomas look like a 29 year old competent adult who is enjoying being one of the world's best golfers at one of great tournaments of the year. Phil Mickelson looks like a 52 year old guy they found in a homeless tent and definitely isn't enjoying himself. You would think a a couple of hundred million dollars might bring a smile to Phil.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    • Charl Schwartzel won the $4 million first-place prize in London, plus another $750,000 for being part of the winning team. Sure, he’s a former Masters champion. But that was 11 years ago. More relevant: He was, statistically, the 198th-best player on Tour this season, and he just won the inaugural LIV event. Yikes.

Current LIV players will still be able to tee it up this week at the U.S. Open, but a close reading of the USGA’s statement seems to suggest that might not be the case moving forward. The USGA didn’t alter its qualifying criteria for this year’s event because it’d be unfair to the competitors who had already earned their way into the “open” championship. Fair enough. But there’s nothing keeping the blue blazers from shutting out LIV players next year or closing any potential Asian Tour loophole – you know, for the “good of the game.” Another important step is what happens with the Official World Golf Ranking. LIV officials plan to file an application this week, despite boasting 48-man fields with the likes of Phachara Khongwatmai and Andy Ogletree. The board deciding its fate consists of … the PGA Tour, DP World Tour, Augusta National, R&A, USGA and International Federation of PGA Tours. Good luck!

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811

• Charl Schwartzel won the $4 million first-place prize in London, plus another $750,000 for being part of the winning team. Sure, he’s a former Masters champion. But that was 11 years ago. More relevant: He was, statistically, the 198th-best player on Tour this season, and he just won the inaugural LIV event. Yikes.

Current LIV players will still be able to tee it up this week at the U.S. Open, but a close reading of the USGA’s statement seems to suggest that might not be the case moving forward. The USGA didn’t alter its qualifying criteria for this year’s event because it’d be unfair to the competitors who had already earned their way into the “open” championship. Fair enough. But there’s nothing keeping the blue blazers from shutting out LIV players next year or closing any potential Asian Tour loophole – you know, for the “good of the game.” Another important step is what happens with the Official World Golf Ranking. LIV officials plan to file an application this week, despite boasting 48-man fields with the likes of Phachara Khongwatmai and Andy Ogletree. The board deciding its fate consists of … the PGA Tour, DP World Tour, Augusta National, R&A, USGA and International Federation of PGA Tours. Good luck!

What did the 198th place player get paid for his finish at the Canadian Open?

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

What did the 198th place player get paid for his finish at the Canadian Open?

Rory, the winner, only got $1.5 million. If Charl finished mid-pack he would've made around $25k in that event.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NOC about some has been getting 4 million

Great. Good effort

The World watched Rory and JT

That's how Tiger got 1.7 billion