Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Saudi LIV Tour

WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Standard Supporter
So, you golf fans out there, what is your feeling on the new Saudi tour that will be based on popularity and not on actual golf performance. As a fan, the PGA tour, now enhanced with the Fed Ex Cup is a pretty entertaining tour. This reminds me of when the Indy 500 decided to compete with a very popular American CART circuit and ended up destroying American open wheel racing. The Saudis are just throwing money at the players and unlike say the old AFL, there was a shortage of teams in the old NFL to meet demand. Now Saudi money is dirty and if they were an actual tour player, they would be kicked off the PGA tour. Same if it was any major sporting league. The Saudis make Deshaun Watson look like Philip "Golly, dadgummit!! Rivers.

Now, the US government has no problem sending US dollars to the Saudis or the chicoms, but this is actually taking Saudi dollars. Me, I'm out on the Saudi tour and expect it will have a negative effect on the game that made the PGA tour players immensely wealthy.

Comments

• Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,899
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Saudis are equally as dirty as the Chinese. I laugh at people getting bent out of shape on that point and then tuning into the NBA Finals.

It’s going to suck in all likelihood. A few big names that are certainly past their prime (aside from Bryson, but maybe he is too now)and a bunch of foreigners that only Race and I have heard of. To get into majors, you either need to have won a major or have a high official world golf ranking. If they don’t get tanking status, then how are their up and coming players going to qualify?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Earlier this week I asked where the chokers and washed up non winners will come from if LIV breaks the tours

It's a dumb idea that has nothing to do with the Saudis

World Team Tennis is laughing
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I would have sold out for the money to be clear.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Bob_C said:

A no brainer for the average golfer. But the douce Dustin Johnson has a new worth of $50 million and now he has more and a reputation he had worked pretty hard on restoring is now shot. Same with Phil. He will have a hard time replacing all his lost endorsement money. Americans don't like an uneven playing field unless you are a democrat. Very few democratic Americans left.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

A no brainer for the average golfer. But the douce Dustin Johnson has a new worth of $50 million and now he has more and a reputation he had worked pretty hard on restoring is now shot. Same with Phil. He will have a hard time replacing all his lost endorsement money. Americans don't like an uneven playing field unless you are a democrat. Very few democratic Americans left.
    I was gonna say the opposite. Phil got like $200m and DJ got like $150-$200. Both are basically exempt in all majors for awhile. DJ would have to win ten FedEx cups in a row to make that kind of cash. He could win another 10 pga tour events and it wouldn’t improve his legacy even close to what another major or two would do.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

I was gonna say the opposite. Phil got like $200m and DJ got like $150-$200. Both are basically exempt in all majors for awhile. DJ would have to win ten FedEx cups in a row to make that kind of cash. He could win another 10 pga tour events and it wouldn’t improve his legacy even close to what another major or two would do.
    YR,YK
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tiger has made 1.7 billion

Winners win

Chokers take the guarantee

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tiger has made 1.7 billion

Winners win

Chokers take the guarantee

That’s mostly endorsements. Black guys always get the best endorsements
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Take the bag. Everyone likes to talk about other people's money. DJ and Phil are basically stealing from the Saudis.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Take the bag. Everyone likes to talk about other people's money. DJ and Phil are basically stealing from the Saudis.

If we only drilled a little more here, DJ would be playing the Canadian Open this week.
  • Options
    Founders Club

BTW, you guys are fags.

Left wrist too cupped.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meh they got a bag of cash and never to be heard of again

What channel is the match on? Is it in HD?

If I was 40 and had no real record on the tour I'd take the money too

But I'd be a winner instead
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,815

https://larrycsonka.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/83b485566c688baec29f29c09b256cda-world-football-league-nfl-football.jpg

@LarryCsonkaDawg and @JimKiickDawg, true?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'd take $100m to not be famous for golf.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As far as the golf goes, I kind of like some of the tomfoolery they are trying out, the team aspect of it sounds kind of fun. The shotgun start was a trainwreck for the broadcast though.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Alexis said:

As far as the golf goes, I kind of like some of the tomfoolery they are trying out, the team aspect of it sounds kind of fun. The shotgun start was a trainwreck for the broadcast though.

The tour has really done this to themselves by catering to the 75th - 125th players. They don’t add any money to anything, have no chance of winning and they get to call way too many of the shots, kind of like NATO in that sense. Triple the weekly purses at the top end and take it all out of the bottom half.

This Saudi league isn’t the answer, but there is going to be something that does take down the tour if they keep up their “equity” model.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    Swaye's Wigwam

BTW, you guys are fags.

She's going to hook the shit out of the ball. No way to hit the deep right pin with that grip.