Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,801
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2022
    Now more than ever, LIFPO. There's gonna be hell to pay if the cops didn't bum rush the active shooter. There's also protocol related to securing the perimeter of a crime scene, clearing the building and not allowing non-participants in.

As I recall in the Freeman, WA shooting, it took a while for the kids (like an hour?) to be accounted for, cleared through law enforcement and returned to their parents. NOBODY was allowed in the building.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,213
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm no brents and have never faced an active shooter so I'll lipo
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,954
    Founders Club
  • Options

I'm no brents and have never faced an active shooter on the road so I'll lipo

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2022
    There’s no way
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2022
    People watch too many movies and can’t separate what they see on the big screen from reality. Like shooting the gun/knife from the hand of a perp.

This does need to be investigated, too many accounts flying around. The POS did lock himself in a classroom and it took more than a minute to enter and kill him. LIPO.

Now let’s talk about how parents of an obviously disturbed kid apparently didn’t have him in some type of psych therapy long ago. They need to be investigated by CPS.
  • Options
    Quite certain the Dazzler will have some pithy comment so a preemptive

Fuck off.

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,016
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    remember when all cops had all that goodwill after 9/11?

pepperidge farms remembers/simpler tims.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe they were mall cops. Ever think of that?
  • Options
    georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,567
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Yeah I'd let it play out as well. Early reports are the in school officer confronted the kid right in the entry hall and they exchanged gunfire but the cop got shot (so he lost the fight that allowed it but he did the right thing if that report is correct), then another couple of officers attempted to breach the 4th grade classroom door but they got shot as well. It was a shitshow once he got past the first cop (which can happen it's 1 v 1 and anything can happen). Throbs is correct at that point there are all kinds of "officers have engaged and been shot" protocols that go into place...and that is beyond my level of expertise.... not ready to say they mismanaged this, but I will say more generally I have noticed a trend in recent years to fall back and wait for SWAT (or in the this case the Border Patrol tactical team). I assume it's the "we our outgunned with our 9's while the shooter has an AR type thinking but I'm not a cop so not really sure).

It also appears (early reporting) that the BP Tac Team was fucking nails when they breached and mowed this fucking lunatic down. I think there is some evidence to suggest a few cops tried hard ot be heroic here but got shot for their efforts. This is a tricky one for sure. It doesn't strike me yet that anyone was hiding behind a stairwell like that sorry fuck in Parkland, Florida.

LIPO. I am sure we will get a better timeline. I will say it must have been horrific to hear the screams of kids getting shot while you sit there and wait because all the first guys who went in got shot or shot at.

A tough situation for the cop if true- I saw a grainy video of the kid walking into the school with his gun ready to fire. Tough to outdraw that.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2022
    Too bad they were not armed like the police in Davos. Those that were hassling Rebel News. Not the tactical team, the cops that first encountered the POS.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,565
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Yeah I'd let it play out as well. Early reports are the in school officer confronted the kid right in the entry hall and they exchanged gunfire but the cop got shot (so he lost the fight that allowed it but he did the right thing if that report is correct), then another couple of officers attempted to breach the 4th grade classroom door but they got shot as well. It was a shitshow once he got past the first cop (which can happen it's 1 v 1 and anything can happen). Throbs is correct at that point there are all kinds of "officers have engaged and been shot" protocols that go into place...and that is beyond my level of expertise.... not ready to say they mismanaged this, but I will say more generally I have noticed a trend in recent years to fall back and wait for SWAT (or in the this case the Border Patrol tactical team). I assume it's the "we our outgunned with our 9's while the shooter has an AR type thinking but I'm not a cop so not really sure).

It also appears (early reporting) that the BP Tac Team was fucking nails when they breached and mowed this fucking lunatic down. I think there is some evidence to suggest a few cops tried hard ot be heroic here but got shot for their efforts. This is a tricky one for sure. It doesn't strike me yet that anyone was hiding behind a stairwell like that sorry fuck in Parkland, Florida.

LIPO. I am sure we will get a better timeline. I will say it must have been horrific to hear the screams of kids getting shot while you sit there and wait because all the first guys who went in got shot or shot at.

A tough situation for the cop if true- I saw a grainy video of the kid walking into the school with his gun ready to fire. Tough to outdraw that.
    That's what I was thinking. My white devil wife, the teacher, has a full time SSO (deputy sheriff) in the school at all tims but they usually break up fights, etc. Even the best cop just going about their day is not expecting some random berserker to come in ready to rock and roll and yeah the kid was on a mission and this cop comes out to confront him and BAM safe off rock and roll tim. Reports are he fired back but was already hit. It's a fucking shitshow and really shows the need to keep ALL DOORS LOCKED all fucking day. When I go visit my white devil I have to hit the buzzer, they look at me on video (they know me of course) and that door doesn't open for anyone they don't know or that doesn't have a good explanation for being there. How this kid was able to gain access to the school is problem number one here with my limited info.
    Agreed. I can’t get into my kids elementary school without being buzzed in.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Report out (still LIPO mode for now) that cops took an hour to finally breach and kill him. Wow, an hour. If that is true that won't play well but this is a small town...at the same tim how come the Border Patrol Tac Team breached and not the local SWAT (there are social media posts that they have a SWAT team). I always thought it odd BP had to roll in if they had a SWAT team (another question why the fuck does a town that small even have SWAT?)...anyway sifting through this will take some tim for sure. It's a mess.

I have always been an ardent supporter of 18 year olds being able to buy weapons as that is legal majority in this country, but my stance is softening on that. 18 year olds now are not the same as they were in Race's day or even mine. In Race's day most 18 year olds were working at the Ford factory and freshly married with a bun in the oven. In other words, men already. In my day they were getting a bit softer but not that soft, but 30 years later and the vast majority of kids are nowhere near adult mental maturity at 21, much less 18. Kids are so much more sheltered and so much softer than they were 30 to 50 years ago. Hell most of them stay on Mommy and Daddy's car and medical insurance and cell phone plan until they are in their mid-20's. I was on my own at 18. Good luck, write when you find work and/or an education, then work.

My point is we changed the drinking age to 21 because they couldn't make good decisions with booze, but maybe we need to look at gun ownership and even voting now. These kids are soft, and sheltered, and 90% of them just are not ready for adulthood anymore. We have a low expectations and coddling safe space environment for them, so should they really have guns and get to vote when they don't know shit about life yet? I don't know I'm just rambling....

Good point chief. It's not uncommon at all for adults to live with their parents well into their 20s. I know a few who have moved back in past 30 even. I notice how immature a lot of these people are....
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,196
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Report out (still LIPO mode for now) that cops took an hour to finally breach and kill him. Wow, an hour. If that is true that won't play well but this is a small town...at the same tim how come the Border Patrol Tac Team breached and not the local SWAT (there are social media posts that they have a SWAT team). I always thought it odd BP had to roll in if they had a SWAT team (another question why the fuck does a town that small even have SWAT?)...anyway sifting through this will take some tim for sure. It's a mess.

I have always been an ardent supporter of 18 year olds being able to buy weapons as that is legal majority in this country, but my stance is softening on that. 18 year olds now are not the same as they were in Race's day or even mine. In Race's day most 18 year olds were working at the Ford factory and freshly married with a bun in the oven. In other words, men already. In my day they were getting a bit softer but not that soft, but 30 years later and the vast majority of kids are nowhere near adult mental maturity at 21, much less 18. Kids are so much more sheltered and so much softer than they were 30 to 50 years ago. Hell most of them stay on Mommy and Daddy's car and medical insurance and cell phone plan until they are in their mid-20's. I was on my own at 18. Good luck, write when you find work and/or an education, then work.

My point is we changed the drinking age to 21 because they couldn't make good decisions with booze, but maybe we need to look at gun ownership and even voting now. These kids are soft, and sheltered, and 90% of them just are not ready for adulthood anymore. We have a low expectations and coddling safe space environment for them, so should they really have guns and get to vote when they don't know shit about life yet? I don't know I'm just rambling....

Also, it's somewhat difficult to get a permit and driver's license. Maybe the process of buying a gun should require testing and training.

I can't recall why there is opposition from the NRA for background checks. Is it a privacy issue and or the classification from government officials, who can NEVER be trusted IMO, of who can or cannot buy a gun?