Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Talking Husky Football while Duct-Taped to an Airline Seat

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,474
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

KDB has $15M+ reasons to have taken this job

What guarantees exist that he’d have ever be offered that kind of money again?

I would say winning another 9+ games in a conference that was won by Utah fucking State would do it.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022
    Tequilla said:

You don't understand the context. As we said in the pod, we speculated that DeBoer was happy to get here but then realized how fucked up UW is. I was saying that he might be talking with Grubb and saying "let's get to ten wins this year and then parlay this into a job in the Big 10 or whatever." Joey was saying how DeBoer's comments always seem measured against pissing off Jen.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

You don't understand the context. As we said in the pod, we speculated that DeBoer was happy to get here but then realized how fucked up UW is. I was saying that he might be talking with Grubb and saying "let's get to ten wins this year and then parlay this into a job in the Big 10 or whatever." Joey was saying how DeBoer's comments always seem measured against pissing off Jen.
    You’re right … I didn’t listen so the additional context is helpful

My point was that even if DeBoer realized that Jen was a walking disaster he was looking at a $15M payday for himself as well as big raises for the rest of his staff … in many respects he’d have been foolish not to take the job.

To your point, there’s potential that he could parlay to a better situation … definitely a non zero chance there. Moreover, I think also fair to question if he’d have found a higher ceiling job than UW had he passed on it.

In comparison, if you think of Campbell’s situation, it’s pretty clear that for him to leave Iowa St it’s going to take a situation where he feels he can win big. I think we all can agree that it’s likely that he didn’t walk away from his dealings with Jen confident that UW was prepared to do what it takes
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Go to bed you guys
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Go to bed you guys

Bedder, bed thyself.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

You’re right … I didn’t listen so the additional context is helpful

My point was that even if DeBoer realized that Jen was a walking disaster he was looking at a $15M payday for himself as well as big raises for the rest of his staff … in many respects he’d have been foolish not to take the job.

To your point, there’s potential that he could parlay to a better situation … definitely a non zero chance there. Moreover, I think also fair to question if he’d have found a higher ceiling job than UW had he passed on it.

In comparison, if you think of Campbell’s situation, it’s pretty clear that for him to leave Iowa St it’s going to take a situation where he feels he can win big. I think we all can agree that it’s likely that he didn’t walk away from his dealings with Jen confident that UW was prepared to do what it takes
    Campbell hasn't shown any signs of wanting to win big.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I started to listen...

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,318
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Request to make a Montlake Futures hat the picture for the Recruiting board instead of pedo Grubb.

That would be “… instead of family-vacationing murderer Grubb.” This script allows no notes.
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

doogville said:

Respectfully request @JoeEDangerously does the next pod entirely as Softy.

Phone lines are open!
    Softy looks better fat imo
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

doogville said:

Phone lines are open!
    You know how I know you're gay?
    He posts on Hardcore Husky?
    Good poont!
  • Options
    Bedroom_RussBedroom_Russ Member Posts: 105
    First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

doogville said:

Phone lines are open!
    Softy is a fucking moron.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

The AD isn't as anti NIL as this board thinks but Jenn Cohen needs to be unavailable for pretty much every interview or article from now on.

They're putting money into football but then she makes a comment about NIL vs Pay for Play. She's hurting what they're trying to build by just being snotty to journalists.

Completely disagree that Db and Grubb don't want to be here. This is where they want to be. They don't want to be at fucking Nebraska who is perma fucked worse than any other historically great program. Tedford told Db 'get the fuck out of California (beyond SC) and you can get serious football on the west coast'

He's a developmental coach with the same mindset as Petersen. And Petersen didn't dip for Tennessee or anywhere else. But Db doesn't want to coach an OL making 1.5 mil and tell him why he sucks as an 18 year old with Rainier Beach technique.

UW with their existing NIL plan of attack is a #steppingstone for any coach looking to move up the ranks and compete for a NC

In two years after the next round of Media rights deals, DB and Grubb will have about 30 million more reasons at their disposal if they want to go to any school in the Big 10, who along with the SEC will be the survivors of how many ever Power Conferences are left.

The one they currently in will not as soon as SC decides to go east into the B10 or go the route of Notre Dame.

Try again junior.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022
    godawgst said:

haie said:

The AD isn't as anti NIL as this board thinks but Jenn Cohen needs to be unavailable for pretty much every interview or article from now on.

They're putting money into football but then she makes a comment about NIL vs Pay for Play. She's hurting what they're trying to build by just being snotty to journalists.

Completely disagree that Db and Grubb don't want to be here. This is where they want to be. They don't want to be at fucking Nebraska who is perma fucked worse than any other historically great program. Tedford told Db 'get the fuck out of California (beyond SC) and you can get serious football on the west coast'

He's a developmental coach with the same mindset as Petersen. And Petersen didn't dip for Tennessee or anywhere else. But Db doesn't want to coach an OL making 1.5 mil and tell him why he sucks as an 18 year old with Rainier Beach technique.

UW with their existing NIL plan of attack is a #steppingstone for any coach looking to move up the ranks and compete for a NC

In two years after the next round of Media rights deals, DB and Grubb will have about 30 million more reasons at their disposal if they want to go to any school in the Big 10, who along with the SEC will be the survivors of how many ever Power Conferences are left.

The one they currently in will not as soon as SC decides to go east into the B10 or go the route of Notre Dame.

Try again junior.
    More senial opinion.

Btw it's funny you went to every game last year *except* the AS one.

The one you said was assuredly 20k people.

Sounds like your pudding and prune juice was keeping you home for all the home games.

Junior accomplished more in 5 years than your entire career.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    When Joey said we don't want to play in the NIL waters I believe it's as much can't meaning we don't have people interested in giving money.

Assuming UW tapped groups down on giving money to recruits to come here I do believe a) those groups don't have to, and b) if they did they could have made deals with Trent, Klyer, Otton last year to show potential recruits what is available if you come here, or this year with Edie, Carson, Rome, Jalen.

The fact that after two years this is what our NIL and Montlake Futures looks like has way more to do with than just how mismanaged they are. No company, entity, group, or individuals are giving money to the have/blueblood programs because they expect a positive ROI on their money plain and simple.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

When Joey said we don't want to play in the NIL waters I believe it's as much can't meaning we don't have people interested in giving money.

Assuming UW tapped groups down on giving money to recruits to come here I do believe a) those groups don't have to, and b) if they did they could have made deals with Trent, Klyer, Otton last year to show potential recruits what is available if you come here, or this year with Edie, Carson, Rome, Jalen.

The fact that after two years this is what our NIL and Montlake Futures looks like has way more to do with than just how mismanaged they are. No company, entity, group, or individuals are giving money to the have/blueblood programs because they expect a positive ROI on their money plain and simple.

LOL
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Watching where UW appears to be going in the world of College Football is like seeing a slow moving on-coming train wreck miles away and there is nothing you can do about it but just watch. As either Derek, Woolley, or JoeE said, it feels like we are dying by a 1000 small papercuts, as we march on to the inevitable outcome.

One last thing in regards to season ticket sales. Two years ago our account manager said we had moved as far down and in towards the 50 yard line as possible without going up a level in donation and ticket costs.

When it came time for seat allocations last week, we were able to move 10 yards closer to the 50 and an additional 4 rows down at the same price.

I can just imagine what the Season Ticket Renewal Percentage must have been, and imo is the #1 issue facing the Program and AD. A overall fanbase that is apathetic about Husky Football, and do not nearly have enough new fans buying tickets and going to games as the old guard age out/other.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022
    godawgst said:

Watching where UW appears to be going in the world of College Football is like seeing a slow moving on-coming train wreck miles away and there is nothing you can do about it but just watch. As either Derek, Woolley, or JoeE said, it feels like we are dying by a 1000 small papercuts, as we march on to the inevitable outcome.

One last thing in regards to season ticket sales. Two years ago our account manager said we had moved as far down and in towards the 50 yard line as possible without going up a level in donation and ticket costs.

When it came time for seat allocations last week, we were able to move 10 yards closer to the 50 and an additional 4 rows down at the same price.

I can just imagine what the Season Ticket Renewal Percentage must have been, and imo is the #1 issue facing the Program and AD. A overall fanbase that is apathetic about Husky Football, and do not nearly have enough new fans buying tickets and going to games as the old guard age out/other.

Yeah, we get it dude.

You renewed? Why? Jesus Christ. what actual point are you trying to make?

Just buying single game tickets actually forces them to not schedule schools I hate. Like Portland fucking State (fuck Sven's loser ass)

Your whole argument about 'everyone cared more in 2008' they didn't actually, but they showed up because we were playing Ohio State and LSU and Notre Dame in that era.

Then dumb fucks like my dad agreed with Don Jame's dumb fuck comments that we shouldn't do that to pad schedule.

Now We Beat Idaho.

Fuck off.