Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Talking Husky Football while Duct-Taped to an Airline Seat

13»

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Yeah, we get it dude.

You renewed? Why? Jesus Christ. what actual point are you trying to make?

Just buying single game tickets actually forces them to not schedule schools I hate. Like Portland fucking State (fuck Sven's loser ass)

Your whole argument about 'everyone cared more in 2008' they didn't actually, but they showed up because we were playing Ohio State and LSU and Notre Dame in that era.

Then dumb fucks like my dad agreed with Don Jame's dumb fuck comments that we shouldn't do that to pad schedule.

Now We Beat Idaho.

Fuck off.

Which dad?
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,520
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

Watching where UW appears to be going in the world of College Football is like seeing a slow moving on-coming train wreck miles away and there is nothing you can do about it but just watch. As either Derek, Woolley, or JoeE said, it feels like we are dying by a 1000 small papercuts, as we march on to the inevitable outcome.

One last thing in regards to season ticket sales. Two years ago our account manager said we had moved as far down and in towards the 50 yard line as possible without going up a level in donation and ticket costs.

When it came time for seat allocations last week, we were able to move 10 yards closer to the 50 and an additional 4 rows down at the same price.

I can just imagine what the Season Ticket Renewal Percentage must have been, and imo is the #1 issue facing the Program and AD. A overall fanbase that is apathetic about Husky Football, and do not nearly have enough new fans buying tickets and going to games as the old guard age out/other.

Yeah, we get it dude.

Just buying single game tickets actually forces them to not schedule schools I hate. Like Portland fucking State (fuck Sven's loser ass)

Your whole argument about 'everyone cared more in 2008' they didn't actually, but they showed up because we were playing Ohio State and LSU and Notre Dame in that era.

Then dumb fucks like my dad agreed with Don Jame's dumb fuck comments that we shouldn't do that to pad schedule.

Now We Beat Idaho.

Fuck off.
    2008 had the advantage of having more people alive like my grandparents who had season tickets forever and were going to keep them even if the program was cratering but a lot of those people have passed and more and more pass every year.

It's going to be hard as fuck to fill Husky Stadium and get people in for one off games moving forward. This is also becoming a problem even in the more passionate college football markets. College football is a weird ass beast in the middle of massive change.

I have no idea how to fix it for UW but I have zero faith that the people who are supposed to be are trying the right things to at least attempt to.

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,334
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Did someone say beating Idaho is a recent phenomenon? We’ve been beating them since I first gave a shit about Husky football.

Now, Nevada and Montana on the other hand …
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

haie said:

godawgst said:

Watching where UW appears to be going in the world of College Football is like seeing a slow moving on-coming train wreck miles away and there is nothing you can do about it but just watch. As either Derek, Woolley, or JoeE said, it feels like we are dying by a 1000 small papercuts, as we march on to the inevitable outcome.

One last thing in regards to season ticket sales. Two years ago our account manager said we had moved as far down and in towards the 50 yard line as possible without going up a level in donation and ticket costs.

When it came time for seat allocations last week, we were able to move 10 yards closer to the 50 and an additional 4 rows down at the same price.

I can just imagine what the Season Ticket Renewal Percentage must have been, and imo is the #1 issue facing the Program and AD. A overall fanbase that is apathetic about Husky Football, and do not nearly have enough new fans buying tickets and going to games as the old guard age out/other.

Yeah, we get it dude.

Now We Beat Idaho.

Fuck off.
    2008 had the advantage of having more people alive like my grandparents who had season tickets forever and were going to keep them even if the program was cratering but a lot of those people have passed and more and more pass every year.

It's going to be hard as fuck to fill Husky Stadium and get people in for one off games moving forward. This is also becoming a problem even in the more passionate college football markets. College football is a weird ass beast in the middle of massive change.

I have no idea how to fix it for UW but I have zero faith that the people who are supposed to be are trying the right things to at least attempt to.

You could have just said college football is changing, UW is fucked, and we don’t have the leadership that cares or knows what to do about it.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,140
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

Yeah, we get it dude.

Now We Beat Idaho.

Fuck off.

You could have just said college football is changing, UW is fucked, and we don’t have the leadership that cares or knows what to do about it.
    I’ll try and trim an hour and eighteen minutes next time
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,487
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022

haie said:

godawgst said:

Yeah, we get it dude.

Now We Beat Idaho.

Fuck off.

I've seen (HBO, don't remember) that even schools like Florida have this problem and because of the general change in student body. They've also gone through a few coaches now that haven't approached the Urban years.

The schools need to adapt. One way to do that is to schedule matchups people want to pay for.

Even for the pros Blazers fill it up for the Lakers and Warriors but not the hornets. It's not hard.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,487
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Yeah, we get it dude.

Now We Beat Idaho.

Fuck off.

Which dad?
    The trans one.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

Yeah, we get it dude.

Now We Beat Idaho.

Fuck off.

I've seen (HBO, don't remember) that even schools like Florida have this problem and because of the general change in student body. They've also gone through a few coaches now that haven't approached the Urban years.

The schools need to adapt. One way to do that is to schedule matchups people want to pay for.

Even for the pros Blazers fill it up for the Lakers and Warriors but not the hornets. It's not hard.
    I've long thought that going back to the pre-2010s way of scheduling 3 non-conference games that are entertaining would do a lot for college football. My only question is sustainability. In 2018, I feel like the team was banged up for like four weeks after the Auburn game and the same with Oregon the next year after playing Auburn.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,040
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

Yeah, we get it dude.

Now We Beat Idaho.

Fuck off.

I've long thought that going back to the pre-2010s way of scheduling 3 non-conference games that are entertaining would do a lot for college football. My only question is sustainability. In 2018, I feel like the team was banged up for like four weeks after the Auburn game and the same with Oregon the next year after playing Auburn.
    I'm going off the top of my head here. But you could make a rule that September is for 3 non-conference games with a requisite BYE. Then October/November are for conference games. No more Alabama vs. Inglemoor High School the week before Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

godawgst said:

haie said:

The AD isn't as anti NIL as this board thinks but Jenn Cohen needs to be unavailable for pretty much every interview or article from now on.

They're putting money into football but then she makes a comment about NIL vs Pay for Play. She's hurting what they're trying to build by just being snotty to journalists.

Completely disagree that Db and Grubb don't want to be here. This is where they want to be. They don't want to be at fucking Nebraska who is perma fucked worse than any other historically great program. Tedford told Db 'get the fuck out of California (beyond SC) and you can get serious football on the west coast'

He's a developmental coach with the same mindset as Petersen. And Petersen didn't dip for Tennessee or anywhere else. But Db doesn't want to coach an OL making 1.5 mil and tell him why he sucks as an 18 year old with Rainier Beach technique.

UW with their existing NIL plan of attack is a #steppingstone for any coach looking to move up the ranks and compete for a NC

In two years after the next round of Media rights deals, DB and Grubb will have about 30 million more reasons at their disposal if they want to go to any school in the Big 10, who along with the SEC will be the survivors of how many ever Power Conferences are left.

The one they currently in will not as soon as SC decides to go east into the B10 or go the route of Notre Dame.

Try again junior.
    More senial opinion.

Btw it's funny you went to every game last year *except* the AS one.

The one you said was assuredly 20k people.

Sounds like your pudding and prune juice was keeping you home for all the home games.

Junior accomplished more in 5 years than your entire career.
    Tool shed.

I WAS at the AS game and there wasn't 30k people there. Not close to it.

Based simply on UW NIL/Montlake Futures stance alone, if I was a coach trying to get to the best place I could to give me the best chance to win, I would run to Nebraska over UW right now.

That's not debatable, except in your fantasy world about UW football you live in.

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,905
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Good news for @DerekJohnson and Hardcore Husky. Life raft of displaced halfbrains incoming

The boards are not your personal piñata....

Kim Grinolds
    STAFF
    Posted on 31 mins, V I P, User Since 246 months ago, User Post Count: 39694
    31 mins
    VIP
    246 months
    If you'd like to start or comment on a conversation, great. That's what they're for. But for those who can't control their emotions through their keyboard, we'll have the bouncer escort you out for a while.

If you feel the need to be toxic, head to Twitter. Complaints are through the roof again. Moderating sucks. But we have to keep the boards readable.

Thanks guys
  • Options
    Founders Club

Good news for @DerekJohnson and Hardcore Husky. Life raft of displaced halfbrains incoming

The boards are not your personal piñata....

Kim Grinolds
    STAFF
    Posted on 31 mins, V I P, User Since 246 months ago, User Post Count: 39694
    31 mins
    VIP
    246 months
    If you'd like to start or comment on a conversation, great. That's what they're for. But for those who can't control their emotions through their keyboard, we'll have the bouncer escort you out for a while.

If you feel the need to be toxic, head to Twitter. Complaints are through the roof again. Moderating sucks. But we have to keep the boards readable.

Thanks guys

Who complains? Seriously. Granted I’m a little lazy but it seems like a waste of calories
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

haie said:

godawgst said:

Yeah, we get it dude.

Now We Beat Idaho.

Fuck off.

I'm going off the top of my head here. But you could make a rule that September is for 3 non-conference games with a requisite BYE. Then October/November are for conference games. No more Alabama vs. Inglemoor High School the week before Thanksgiving.
    It will never happen but I like this and maybe even starting a week earlier and getting two bye weeks in September or every conference drops to eight conference games. You get a non-conference opponent of your level at home and away each year and then your third is against a mid major. Ditch the FCS games. This will also help for playoff selection as every team will have played a home and away against a comparable opponent in another conference. Also force all the SEC teams to play true road games out of conference.
  • Options
    KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I arrived safely back in Sedro-Woolley in case anyone was wondering.

Okay Uncle Leo
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2022

Okay Uncle Leo
    Maybe he stole a book from Brentano’s and that’s why he dropped off the call
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,040
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Okay Uncle Leo
    Maybe he stole a book from Brentano’s and that’s why he dropped off the call
    Oh dear god

Well, Matt Rogers once did half a pod with me while seated on the toilet at a Mexican restaurant