Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gets better...

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Baseman said:

Give it up for your Director and GM of NIL at UW. Fresh off graduation Emmy is in charge of signing the elite of the elite. Players now have agents and Emmy, fresh off graduation from the Foster Bus School, will run point on negotiations.

Also, those snazzy $100 Montlake Futures hats. All proceeds go into a pool and will be split among ALL UW athletes. Soccer, Lax, and on and on.

Here's Emmys take on paying high school recruits...(Spoiler: She's doing it the RIGHT way)

"We’re not going to do stuff like that,” says Emmy Armintrout, the executive director and general manager of Montlake Futures, Washington’s independent donor collective, asked specifically about the QB deal. “And we’re not going to compete with that. That’s never really been our lane, anyway, even pre-NIL. … I want to create something that’s sustainable, and that builds on Washington’s strategic position in the college marketplace already.”

That, friends, is all you need to know.

Her only redeeming quality is the dog.

How in the fuck do you hire someone in such an important role who just graduated from business school? I read the Athletic article and at first I didn’t catch her first name and thought it was a dude.

These dumb mother fuckers are so worried about equality and Title IV that they’re willing to endanger both the short and long term success of the football program which is probably the only money maker for the AD. 2 of Jen’s biggest hires/appointments in NIL have been a Duck who likes to bake, promote womens sports and didn’t a fan of UW and this Emmy lady who looks like she has no clue about sports, what matters to players or matters to fans

Fuck them all. Fuck me for being a fan of a pussy program and guck you for reading this shitty nacho cheese rage poast.
    It’s Bill Gates niece. Pretty sure that was a factor.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How fun would it be to have some booster (if we have one) call out and test the commitment to UW's values/philosophy on NIL by offering a 1-2 million dollar donation with caveat it must be used to help keep local incoming freshman recruits home and "loyal to the soil", and if that's not something Washington can do, they would have to "reevaluate" the offer.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

Give it up for your Director and GM of NIL at UW. Fresh off graduation Emmy is in charge of signing the elite of the elite. Players now have agents and Emmy, fresh off graduation from the Foster Bus School, will run point on negotiations.

Also, those snazzy $100 Montlake Futures hats. All proceeds go into a pool and will be split among ALL UW athletes. Soccer, Lax, and on and on.

Here's Emmys take on paying high school recruits...(Spoiler: She's doing it the RIGHT way)

"We’re not going to do stuff like that,” says Emmy Armintrout, the executive director and general manager of Montlake Futures, Washington’s independent donor collective, asked specifically about the QB deal. “And we’re not going to compete with that. That’s never really been our lane, anyway, even pre-NIL. … I want to create something that’s sustainable, and that builds on Washington’s strategic position in the college marketplace already.”

How in the fuck do you hire someone in such an important role who just graduated from business school? I read the Athletic article and at first I didn’t catch her first name and thought it was a dude.

These dumb mother fuckers are so worried about equality and Title IV that they’re willing to endanger both the short and long term success of the football program which is probably the only money maker for the AD. 2 of Jen’s biggest hires/appointments in NIL have been a Duck who likes to bake, promote womens sports and didn’t a fan of UW and this Emmy lady who looks like she has no clue about sports, what matters to players or matters to fans

Fuck them all. Fuck me for being a fan of a pussy program and guck you for reading this shitty nacho cheese rage poast.
    You serious Clark?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Baseman said:

You serious Clark?
    https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/seattletimes/name/william-gates-ii-obituary?id=13281862

Yep
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Imagine waiting until April 21st 2022 to realize UW is a joke and isn’t worth redeeming

I hope everyone enjoyed Dante’s TD against Bama… that’s the high water mark for the rest of your life

RWT
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022

Baseman said:

You serious Clark?
    Absolutely.

Or one could say Mary Gates Granddaughter.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

You serious Clark?
    https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/seattletimes/name/william-gates-ii-obituary?id=13281862

Yep
    This is a fucking awesome find

Bill Gates owns the food supply and the NIL budget

God truly has forsaken us
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Jen being removed and the balance of the AD needs to happen sooner than later

I’d be shocked if Emmy gets that job if she wasn’t a Gates

Until the UW (as a whole, way bigger than just the Athletic Department) values results and accountability versus being a glorified country/yacht club where the only thing that matters is if you’re in the club or not … there’s going to be a huge disconnect between perception and reality
  • Options
    TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,574
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022
    Since this is how they feel the University really should just join a conference like the big sky and truly embrace the culture of student athletics where results really just don't matter... in the meantime this is such a brilliant social science experiment ~ truly an exciting concept to test the principal of immediate cash flow [the difference between getting out of school with or without debt in some cases] vs academic prestige and snobbery... this is a PHD study with ground breaking consequences.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

Jen weighs in...

From the Athletic: "Is it a winning formula? Even if current players make decent cash, will Washington be able to compete for star recruits who know collectives at other schools will proffer seven-figure contracts before they ever put on pads?

“I would respond differently to that question and ask, how is that a legitimate NIL deal?” Cohen said. “Or is that pay for play? That’s what I would ask.” (the ole dodge the question with a question. I see what you did there, Jen.)

Finally, this re. the difference in recruiting with and without Peterman....

The difference has been stark, yet there is at least some belief that even Petersen, with his meticulous, thorough approach, left money on the table. (No....)

“Petersen is a remarkable coach,” said an FBS athletic director with West Coast experience, “but it didn’t feel like he was ever fully in on the recruiting nature of the job. I think that’s a place where if you’ve got somebody who’s all-in on recruiting, they could crush it.” (shocking...)

Yeah, it's pay for play. I thought we were all clear on that. That's what the wink signifies Jen, they're sure as shit not flirting with you.
  • Options
    MaceothecatMaceothecat Member Posts: 47
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Baseman said:

so, hire a male that just graduated from business school?
    are you an incel?
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    To be fair she technically graduated from Stanford and did the “co founder” thing before the UW MBA…. Not sure if that makes it better or worse
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I seriously think Oregon is funneling $ through UW and Jenn, explains why she hired ScODuck yoga momma, the unwillingness to play the NIL game. Uncle Phil is sitting back, laughing his ass off as he takes what he wants....sends Jenn another leopard print jacket and says, " I'll give you 5k to wear this while interviewing the new coach"

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Jen being removed and the balance of the AD needs to happen sooner than later

I’d be shocked if Emmy gets that job if she wasn’t a Gates

Until the UW (as a whole, way bigger than just the Athletic Department) values results and accountability versus being a glorified country/yacht club where the only thing that matters is if you’re in the club or not … there’s going to be a huge disconnect between perception and reality

Since this is how they feel the University really should just join a conference like the big sky and truly embrace the culture of student athletics where results really just don't matter... in the meantime this is such a brilliant social science experiment ~ truly an exciting concept to test the principal of immediate cash flow [the difference between getting out of school with or without debt in some cases] vs academic prestige and snobbery... this is a PHD study with ground breaking consequences.

The big sky schools care about football than UW. HTH.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,886
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

so, hire a male that just graduated from business school?
    are you an incel?
    Isn’t that a requirement to poast hear?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

To be fair she technically graduated from Stanford and did the “co founder” thing before the UW MBA…. Not sure if that makes it better or worse

Again, she doesn't go to Stanford and do the co founder thing if she was a kid of a tough logger from Onalaska.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,042
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Worse

Vast majority of people don’t go from leaving a MBA program to being a CEO … lots of business lessons to learn along the way
    In a certain sense, this is like Nike hiring someone fresh out of business school and putting them in charge of the marketing dept. It would be unfathomable.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022

Tequilla said:

Worse

Vast majority of people don’t go from leaving a MBA program to being a CEO … lots of business lessons to learn along the way
    In a certain sense, this is like Nike hiring someone fresh out of business school and putting them in charge of the marketing dept. It would be unfathomable.
    But what if she convinces Uncle Bill to put up $50 million. Ever think of that?

Maybe that's what gets UW to the 2025 championship in your hypothetical.

If my uncle was the top 10 richest people in the world UW wouldn't lose a game.