Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Josh Conerly Jr. ready to commit

124»

Comments

• Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

46XiJCAB said:

So your suggestion is that a kid waited until mid-April to commit, and it was the OL coach and scheme that pushed him over the edge? That seems logical to you?

Either Oregon's package was better or they matched USC and are closer to home. Why does it have to be more complicated than that? It has nothing to do with liking one staff or not liking another, liking one system or not liking another.

Except he said the F’n exact opposite.

But. Ok.
    So USC and Oregon's schemes have changed since signing day? The OL coach has changed since then? It's fucking April, so use some common sense.

Personally, I only mildly care about this kid choosing Oregon over USC, as neither is UW. But to beat your chest about this as if it's a program-validating event in any way other than willingness to pay is naive. To actually believe platitudes that the kid feeds the media after taking the bag is retardation levels of naive (what's he supposed to say, "I could give a shit about Oregon and their staff, but boy did I like the sound of their compensation package"?).

@thechatch gets it.
    WTF are you babbling about? Beating my chest? Program validating event? Any other strawmen you’d like to fuck? Kid said what he said and you don’t like it. TFB for you.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,560
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Kid looked at UW and said NFW.

It came down to USC and Oregon, and Oregon did what they had to do to land him.

It’s not complicated.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,480
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Kid looked at UW and said NFW.

It came down to USC and Oregon, and Oregon did what they had to do to land him.

It’s not complicated.

I don't think he said NFW. He wouldn't have showed out to a bunch of games otherwise.

But otherwise agree.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555

46XiJCAB said:

So your suggestion is that a kid waited until mid-April to commit, and it was the OL coach and scheme that pushed him over the edge? That seems logical to you?

Either Oregon's package was better or they matched USC and are closer to home. Why does it have to be more complicated than that? It has nothing to do with liking one staff or not liking another, liking one system or not liking another.

Except he said the F’n exact opposite.

But. Ok.
    So USC and Oregon's schemes have changed since signing day? The OL coach has changed since then? It's fucking April, so use some common sense.

Personally, I only mildly care about this kid choosing Oregon over USC, as neither is UW. But to beat your chest about this as if it's a program-validating event in any way other than willingness to pay is naive. To actually believe platitudes that the kid feeds the media after taking the bag is retardation levels of naive (what's he supposed to say, "I could give a shit about Oregon and their staff, but boy did I like the sound of their compensation package"?).

@thechatch gets it.
    Oregon and USC are the two best programs in the PAC right now. NIL being equal, he wanted to be at Oregon.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,491
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    He was UW-heavy prior to the 2021 season. That's straight from the mouth of a RB assistant coach I know. Then Jimmy & NIL happened.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

godawgst said:

I don't know I kind of think Oregon offered the kid a giant bag to play a five hour drive from home and just as much exposure as UW or USC and way more promotion. Might not be more complicated than that.

On the field it actually made some sense when Cristobal was at Oregon because his whole scheme seemed focused on making the OL look as good as possible. Now it doesn't really make any sense especially with new and questionable OC/OL coach coming on.

The worst part is how little I seem to give a shit about this.

In the stages of grief process, you are at acceptance which is positive, b/c soon after comes #apathy which I have seen only one other time the last 40 years rivaling where UW football is at today with the fan base and that was TW final season.

Bagging on Dawgman crew is lay up easy, but have to give Chris credit. Kim and Scott won't come out and say it, but you can tell they are thinking it, but Fetters did and said that Kalen needs to do something to get people interested and talking about UW football again, and shutting the media out of practice isn't helping him in that regard.

You are correct Connerly went to Oregon b/c their NIL package was either superior or close enough to SC's that he chose to play in Eugene over LA. Doesn't matter how shitty or great Klemm is as OL coach, as 99% of kids at his level believe they are going to play at the next level no matter where they go or who's coaching them.

KDB is able to close up practice because the AD is completely ok with that

In contrast at TCU where they also have a 1st year HC, it’s been all about opening everything possible for access to the community

Night and day difference
    Helfrich opened things up as an olive branch to the media after chip left, too. It means fuck all
    You'll have to excuse @Tequilla and @godawgst

They are fucking idiots who jack off to hyperbolic nonsense.

Teq loves him some NIL discussion because it's an excuse for him to try and tell you some "Teq Thoughts" brain queefs that attempt to imply that he actually knows how business works.
    You have an unhealthy obsession
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

Tequilla said:

godawgst said:

I don't know I kind of think Oregon offered the kid a giant bag to play a five hour drive from home and just as much exposure as UW or USC and way more promotion. Might not be more complicated than that.

On the field it actually made some sense when Cristobal was at Oregon because his whole scheme seemed focused on making the OL look as good as possible. Now it doesn't really make any sense especially with new and questionable OC/OL coach coming on.

The worst part is how little I seem to give a shit about this.

In the stages of grief process, you are at acceptance which is positive, b/c soon after comes #apathy which I have seen only one other time the last 40 years rivaling where UW football is at today with the fan base and that was TW final season.

Bagging on Dawgman crew is lay up easy, but have to give Chris credit. Kim and Scott won't come out and say it, but you can tell they are thinking it, but Fetters did and said that Kalen needs to do something to get people interested and talking about UW football again, and shutting the media out of practice isn't helping him in that regard.

You are correct Connerly went to Oregon b/c their NIL package was either superior or close enough to SC's that he chose to play in Eugene over LA. Doesn't matter how shitty or great Klemm is as OL coach, as 99% of kids at his level believe they are going to play at the next level no matter where they go or who's coaching them.

KDB is able to close up practice because the AD is completely ok with that

In contrast at TCU where they also have a 1st year HC, it’s been all about opening everything possible for access to the community

Night and day difference
    Helfrich opened things up as an olive branch to the media after chip left, too. It means fuck all
    You'll have to excuse @Tequilla and @godawgst

They are fucking idiots who jack off to hyperbolic nonsense.

Teq loves him some NIL discussion because it's an excuse for him to try and tell you some "Teq Thoughts" brain queefs that attempt to imply that he actually knows how business works.
    You have an unhealthy obsession
    Safe to say he has a few...
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    So the boosters are now setting up NIL deals directly with the players/recruits, instead of donating to the athletic department. Schools can’t be involved, so they have no idea what transpired. Other than not getting the same donations. Hmm.