Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: DJ Khaled and the Frank Murphy Rabbit Hole

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited April 2022 in Hardcore Husky Board
The boys kick off Spring Ball by discussing the UW offensive line before wandering off into some DJ Khaled and Frank Murphy hot talk. You won't want to miss this! The guys also dissect the 2009 Huskies and debate whether Sark saved the season and program. JoeEDangerously also gives a tip of the cap to Jake Browning. We da best! Shout outs include @PurpleBaze, @haie and @CFetters_Nacho_Lover

https://anchor.fm/hardcorehusky/episodes/DJ-Khaled-and-the-Frank-Murphy-Rabbit-Hole-e1gjsm9

Comments

• Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,208
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Anything but flawless pod. One observer noted “some are saying it’s most likely not the greatest pod on a college campus.”
  • Options
    LaocoönLaocoön Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 529
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,925
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2022
    I liked that @JoeEDangerously noted that he was curious about the team in spring practice. As you know, I choose not to be negative about things. I'm always curious.

Unfortunately he then went straight to negativity in discussing KJR, the local media, and NIL. I'm curious about these things. I think you should try to be curious. If you can't be curious, you might need to step away from the microphone for awhile.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2022

I liked that @JoeEDangerously noted that he was curious about the team in spring practice. As you know, I choose not to be negative about things. I'm always curious.

Unfortunately he then went straight to negativity in discussing KJR, the local media, and NIL. I'm curious about these things. I think you should try to be curious. If you can't be curious, you might need to step away from the microphone for awhile.

I’ll put in a formal request to change my handle to ADHDDAWG
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Just realized as we were recording Softy decided to dedicate a lot of his show to Husky talk
  • Options
    SluggoRouteDawgSluggoRouteDawg Member Posts: 145

Just realized as we were recording Softy decided to dedicate a lot of his show to Husky talk

Softy is Dawg-Curious.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,661
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    cuoglet Seattle radio can give you some unintended embarrassing and hilarious daWg talk at times.
  • Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Enjoying the content you three have continued since the season ended.

Couple things: Overall the Pac-12 is Minnesota compared to the Big10 and Sec in CFB which dovetails nicely into the narrative that we have become the same the last twenty plus seasons minus the 3 NY6 bowls, and if not WILL 1000% become the case when we go into the expanded Big16/18/20 one day.

At no point in the Rose Bowl were Ohio State fans, players, coaches remotely concerned about losing to us being at the game no matter who didn't play (Rapp) or not giving MMFG the ball more.

It was 28-3 going into the 4th and much like the Penn State Game the year before it was about them getting the clock to .00

I've been following UW football almost as long as Race, and can't ever remember a year where overall interest is so apathetic. Right now Woodward looks like a savant for wanting to downsize stadium capacity he just didn't go far enough as he wanted it to be in the 60k area when reality is you only need 50k for any other game besides WSU/Oregon/SC/Marquee OOC team and that's only b/c they bring 10k or more of their own fans to fill the stadium up.

I look at all the hurdles Kalen has to overcome both on and off the field (Pac-12 perception, NIL, AD/BOR, declining/disinterested fan base,) and it just feels like unless he is the Offensive Minded Unicorn Doogs are banking on, his chances of having great success are limited and if does have the success we all hope for, how long can UW keep him b4 one of the said Big10/SEC schools throws the bank at him.

In honor of Coach Pete #itshard

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,661
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    godawgst said:

Enjoying the content you three have continued since the season ended.

Couple things: Overall the Pac-12 is Minnesota compared to the Big10 and Sec in CFB which dovetails nicely into the narrative that we have become the same the last twenty plus seasons minus the 3 NY6 bowls, and if not WILL 1000% become the case when we go into the expanded Big16/18/20 one day.

At no point in the Rose Bowl were Ohio State fans, players, coaches remotely concerned about losing to us being at the game no matter who didn't play (Rapp) or not giving MMFG the ball more.

It was 28-3 going into the 4th and much like the Penn State Game the year before it was about them getting the clock to .00

I've been following UW football almost as long as Race, and can't ever remember a year where overall interest is so apathetic. Right now Woodward looks like a savant for wanting to downsize stadium capacity he just didn't go far enough as he wanted it to be in the 60k area when reality is you only need 50k for any other game besides WSU/Oregon/SC/Marquee OOC team and that's only b/c they bring 10k or more of their own fans to fill the stadium up.

I look at all the hurdles Kalen has to overcome both on and off the field (Pac-12 perception, NIL, AD/BOR, declining/disinterested fan base,) and it just feels like unless he is the Offensive Minded Unicorn Doogs are banking on, his chances of having great success are limited and if does have the success we all hope for, how long can UW keep him b4 one of the said Big10/SEC schools throws the bank at him.

In honor of Coach Pete #itshard

tldr
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

haie said:

tldr

tldr

• Options
    KimsCopperPennyKimsCopperPenny Member Posts: 221
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Laocoön said:

Just like Wyclef Jean saying “one time” every forty five seconds
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    Founders Club

Thanks for the FREE PUB right off the bat.

Thank you for not saying THUD
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

Thanks for the FREE PUB right off the bat.

Thank you for not saying THUD
    YW

But, I'm sure there'll be many more opportunities for that in the future.
  • Options
    ForeskinWalletDawgForeskinWalletDawg Member Posts: 238
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper
    Show was fine but it would be nice if you talked more football.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Show was fine but it would be nice if you talked more football.

A.D.D.