Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Huskies Add Virginia Transfer to Bolster Depleted Running-Back Ranks

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,327 Swaye's Wigwam
    That this had zero replies until now says all we need to know about the program right now.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

That this had zero replies until now says all we need to know about the program right now.

Topic was discussed elsewhere. This is an SI article which are avoided like the plague. Hell, they don't even get a Thanks Taft! anymore
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,160

Topic was discussed elsewhere. This is an SI article which are avoided like the plague. Hell, they don't even get a Thanks Taft! anymore
    SI is hit and miss. I am pretty sure Derek posts them because Raley has some good content (sometimes).

Even if he isn't technically gifted as a writer his articles provide information that was not necessarily old news.

If you want to actually contribute here perhaps you should at least provide a link to the "discussion elsewhere".

My initial reaction is that we got a poor man's Sean McGrew. LIPO. It does tell me that deBoner is not happy with what he has at the moment.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,130
    Our current RB "stable"

Dick Newton*
    Cam Davis*
    Sam Adams*
    Camden Sirmon
    Javeon Sunday
    Caleb Berry
    Emeka Megwa*
    Aaron Dumas
    Wayne Taulapapa
    Will Nixon

* = hurt

In addition, both current 2023 commits say they will play RB. I'm genuinely intrigued to see how this sorts itself out.
  • WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,327 Swaye's Wigwam
    I feel like the current running back unit strategy is akin to Infinite Monkey Theorem.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,543 Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

SI is hit and miss. I am pretty sure Derek posts them because Raley has some good content (sometimes).

Even if he isn't technically gifted as a writer his articles provide information that was not necessarily old news.

If you want to actually contribute here perhaps you should at least provide a link to the "discussion elsewhere".

My initial reaction is that we got a poor man's Sean McGrew. LIPO. It does tell me that deBoner is not happy with what he has at the moment.
    There's an entire recruiting forum here. You're going to make a guy give you a link to a thread about a commit when you clearly haven't even visited the recruiting forum looking for one? I think there are two threads discussing this down there.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,543 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2022

Take it to the Tug

edited April 2022

EwaDawg said:

There's an entire recruiting forum here. You're going to make a guy give you a link to a thread about a commit when you clearly haven't even visited the recruiting forum looking for one? I think there are two threads discussing this down there.
    No, fuckstick. Stalin posted it on this bored.

Don't link it. Just say on the fucking recruiting bored instead of elsewhere.

But thanks for letting us know that you stalk and groom little boys.

(you might want to actually read my post that you responded to. I left it up to the OP IF he wanted to be helpful)

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

(you might want to actually read my post that you responded to. I left it up to the OP IF he wanted to be helpful)

I found what he said to be helpful. If you require more spoonfeeding than that in order to not be a prick to then you might try an internet site that's a little more your level. Why should he go out of his way, to another board, just to dig up a link for your lazy, combative ass?
  • dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 578

Our current RB "stable"

Dick Newton*
    Cam Davis*
    Sam Adams*
    Camden Sirmon
    Javeon Sunday
    Caleb Berry
    Emeka Megwa*
    Aaron Dumas
    Wayne Taulapapa
    Will Nixon

* = hurt

In addition, both current 2023 commits say they will play RB. I'm genuinely intrigued to see how this sorts itself out.

How do you have 10 RB’s that are mediocre at best? Folks here kept beating that drum that uw can take anyone and make them a 5*, because look at one random fucking player that exceeded expectations, cause our staff knows how to develop, while ignoring the lists of players that they didn’t develop. Like the receivers that were lauded when recruited but bashed when they transferred out because they sucked. Why didn’t Jimmy & Co. develop them?

Having 10 RB’s wouldn’t be bad if there wasn’t a schollie limit. Or if uw actually ran the ball enough to justify it.

Looking forward, who the fuck is going to commit when there is a huge log jam at that position. You get like what 4-5 carries per practice.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,826 Swaye's Wigwam
    Over/under at how many of those RBs are no longer with the program come August is 4.5, per MGM.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    dOgmaster said:

Our current RB "stable"

Dick Newton*
    Cam Davis*
    Sam Adams*
    Camden Sirmon
    Javeon Sunday
    Caleb Berry
    Emeka Megwa*
    Aaron Dumas
    Wayne Taulapapa
    Will Nixon

* = hurt

How do you have 10 RB’s that are mediocre at best? Folks here kept beating that drum that uw can take anyone and make them a 5*, because look at one random fucking player that exceeded expectations, cause our staff knows how to develop, while ignoring the lists of players that they didn’t develop. Like the receivers that were lauded when recruited but bashed when they transferred out because they sucked. Why didn’t Jimmy & Co. develop them?

Having 10 RB’s wouldn’t be bad if there wasn’t a schollie limit. Or if uw actually ran the ball enough to justify it.

Looking forward, who the fuck is going to commit when there is a huge log jam at that position. You get like what 4-5 carries per practice.
    Not the folks here. Bonapha was garbage and he lucked out that the local kid’s mom told him to come here over ASU. Take away Gaskin’s 4 years and you have a dogshit coach.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
    @EwaDawg is correct. Raley isn't Hemingway and his headlines are cringe. Some articles are crap and some are decent to good. But he relentlessly post updates on thing going on.

And @1to392831weretaken indirectly makes a point in that I should have checked the recruiting board before posting the link here. Sometimes when I have a few minutes I'll do a quick scan and then find material and link it before moving on to more reading/monitoring throughout the boards. I can do a better job of that.
    edited April 2022
    chuck said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

I found what he said to be helpful. If you require more spoonfeeding than that in order to not be a prick to then you might try an internet site that's a little more your level. Why should he go out of his way, to another board, just to dig up a link for your lazy, combative ass?

Did "I" say I needed a " link"? Most people with decent cognitive ability would understand that I knew enough about this commit to actually compare him to McGrew.

Hell, I even said a comment pointing to the recruiting board would have been helpful (THIS IS THE POAST YOU RESPONDED TO).

So, a poaster with limited ability to understand what he read, decided I wanted a LINK for me?

Okay. I understand that your ability to follow a thread, logically and in order, is not very good.

The poaster to which I responded had an EQUAL INABILITY to read properly as I did not ONCE AGAIN ask for the link for me.

TLDR - I usually only respond as an asshole to idiots that deserve it.

You're welcome.

BTW, I am REALLY sorry that the HIV has won.

chuck said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

I just reread your post and the post you were responding to.

You are dumber than EVEN I THOUGHT possible.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,594 Founders Club
    edited April 2022
    Can't we get back to talking Xs and Os Sean McGrew 2.0?
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,224

Our current RB "stable"

Dick Newton*
    Cam Davis*
    Sam Adams*
    Camden Sirmon
    Javeon Sunday
    Caleb Berry
    Emeka Megwa*
    Aaron Dumas
    Wayne Taulapapa
    Will Nixon

* = hurt

Convert Adams to safety, politely get rid of Fig and sCam.
    EwaDawg said:

chuck said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Jesus christ you're a dumb
    EwaDawg said:

chuck said:

EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Ok dumbass. You were a sick to someone for not posting a link. I don’t care who you wanted it posted for. The point is it was that you said it like a dick, and it was a dick comment. Jesus what a stupid fuck.
    Haha drive posting never works out.

@EwaDawg...I never should've interjected. This wasn't worthy of insults and an ongoing argument. My bad.