Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Sports radio KJR 950 AM is selling the couch

Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,821
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
Swaye's Wigwam
It sounds like Sports Radio KJR 950 AM is going to sell the couch in a few months.

In related news there is a new FM radio station in Seattle. Sports Radio KJR 93.3 FM.

Comments

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wasn't that the KUBE?

Yes.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I’m not listening until they bring back Mitch in the Morning.

Hookers and all.

He got a podcast so listen all you want
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I’m not listening until they bring back Mitch in the Morning.

Hookers and all.

I think you have a better chance of hearing Charlie and Ty

And Charlie’s dead.

• Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    I remember my sports radio phase. I think it was 1986.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,542
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wayne Cody Sportsline 1975 KIRO radio

Seattle was also among the first to go all sports like WFAN in New York. The 91 huskies had KJR sports talk

Fatuous Sports Babe among others

It was a good run until Ty killed it like everything else

• Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,141

Wasn't that the KUBE?

Yes.

FYI, he’s still around on 103.7. Sounds the same.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It sounds like Sports Radio KJR 950 AM is going to sell the couch in a few months.

In related news there is a new FM radio station in Seattle. Sports Radio KJR 93.3 FM.

Keep working those cans*!!!! Thanks for all you dooooo

* I like to call broadcast studio headphones "cans." I like to call them that.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I haven’t been on KJR since Groz and Gas relayed my anti-Ty facts (60% from me, 40% stolen from @DeLarry R.I.P.).
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Sports radio is fucked with covid and work from home.

1080 the FAN in Portland is clearly dying as well. Dusty from Southern Oregon and some quooks are desperately filling in some holes before they're finally laid off and only Isaac and Suke remains.

It's all done. Podcast is a much better format and more convenient for the new working structure of America.

I would only listen to sports radio on my commute, when I was too lazy or tired to figure out which podcast to queue up. Work from home killed any interest, especially since now that the best personalities are shifting into podcasts. Can't blame them either... why the fuck would you want to get paid mediocre money to regurgitate the same 3 talking points over and over when you can get your podcast recording done in 2 hours and then focus on other ventures?

Danny O'Neil's podcast with Christian Caple is better content than anything he ever could've done at 710 had they not had to nuke half their on air staff (including him).
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

1080 the FAN in Portland is clearly dying as well. Dusty from Southern Oregon and some quooks are desperately filling in some holes before they're finally laid off and only Isaac and Suke remains.

It's all done. Podcast is a much better format and more convenient for the new working structure of America.

Podcasts are saving sports radio. On the Audacy app you can podcast any hour of Ropp and Suke as well as the rest of the shows.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,141
    edited March 2022

I haven’t been on KJR since Groz and Gas relayed my anti-Ty facts (60% from me, 40% stolen from @DeLarry R.I.P.).
    Does someone recall the story of Gas stumbling up to someone at FX McCrory’s to declare them racist for criticizing Ty? I might have heard it on a podcast.

Also, don’t approach Groz on his smoke breaks. You wouldn’t like to see him interrupted on a smoke break. You just wouldn’t.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Sports radio in Portland. LOL There's nothing to talk about down there.

Anyways, if sports radio was dying there wouldn't be two stations in Seattle. They may need to consolidate at some point, but there clearly is an audience in Seattle. The podcast stuff is a huge boon, too.

Pat McAfee just signed a monster deal for his national show that streams on YouTube. KJR somehow put together the resources to bring back UW football, add Kraken games, and expand to FM to broaden their reach. I think they also have Sounders games, which is probably a net drag for them, to be honest. 710 has ESPN branding and hosts the Mariners and Seahawks. Seems like the industry has a few things figured out.
    This are good points. Yeah Seattle is much better off.

Count the blazers as a net drag for whatever station supports them, I barely listen to pdx radio but the few minutes I have it seems like a bunch of California transplants that went to Oregon and spew insufferable bullshit the entire time, or just fart out surface level NFL hot takes.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Shocking that things like Jerry & Elise, Chuck and Buck, or Puckett and Cliff Avril didn't work out.

Sports radio in general is mostly shit though except for a few of the bigger names. Local sports radio just talks about the same shit over and over again.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Shocking that things like Jerry & Elise, Chuck and Buck, or Puckett and Cliff Avril didn't work out.

Sports radio in general is mostly shit though except for a few of the bigger names. Local sports radio just talks about the same shit over and over again.

Chuck and Buck is still going. KIRO makes it easy for KJR with their even worse on air lineup. Mike Salk needs to fire himself.