Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is it

Comments

• EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,989
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

I’m adding “football move “ to new things announcers say that are annoying. WTF does that even mean. You know what a “football move” is? Catching the ball. Why is taking a step a “football move”. And why is it a football move and not just a move. These people sound like cliche dropping dip shits

Football move is a more concise way of saying "performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so."

Honestly I prefer announcers use the term football move than the full definition.
    Isn’t catching the ball a football move
    It's not a completion unless you... make a football move. The process of completing the catch is finalized once a football move is made. The ball hitting your hands isn't sufficient - that is just the start. Have you ever seen a game of football before? You clearly don't actually understand some of the basics of the rules.
    Its fucking DaMoan. Of course he's never seen a fucking football game.

• longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,005
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Shovel because the pass mimics the motion of tossing out shoveled dirt.

So not a shuffle? Or a shuttle? How about the line to gain?
    Line to gain is old timey. I like that.
    It's old timey, but isn't. It like The Rock Pizza in a strip mall. They makes it look an old brick building interior in a warehouse district, but it's brand new and fake.
    Never been to one of these places. Guess im not rich enough, does sound classy though
  • TXDawgTXDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 817
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Founders Club

Shovel because the pass mimics the motion of tossing out shoveled dirt.

So not a shuffle? Or a shuttle? How about the line to gain?
    Line to gain is old timey. I like that.
    It's old timey, but isn't. It like The Rock Pizza in a strip mall. They makes it look an old brick building interior in a warehouse district, but it's brand new and fake.
    Never been to one of these places. Guess im not rich enough, does sound classy though
    Are you 45, divorced, looking to take out a date somewhere you probably think is cool but you don't want to leave Federal Way? The Rock would be your choice.
  • CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 189
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

I’m adding “football move “ to new things announcers say that are annoying. WTF does that even mean. You know what a “football move” is? Catching the ball. Why is taking a step a “football move”. And why is it a football move and not just a move. These people sound like cliche dropping dip shits

In other words, the term was invented so a bunch of fags (see Mad_Son and Dean Blandino) can explain why a player that clearly caught a football didn't actually catch the football.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,261
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What, are they gonna make a basketball move on accident?
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,073

In other words, the term was invented so a bunch of fags (see Mad_Son and Dean Blandino) can explain why a player that clearly caught a football didn't actually catch the football.
    If you don't have a definition for controlling the ball you don't have a consistently enforceable rule.

I suppose the fact that you don't understand this is why you display your sign so proudly.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

Football move is a more concise way of saying "performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so."

Honestly I prefer announcers use the term football move than the full definition.
    Isn’t catching the ball a football move
    It's not a completion unless you... make a football move. The process of completing the catch is finalized once a football move is made. The ball hitting your hands isn't sufficient - that is just the start. Have you ever seen a game of football before? You clearly don't actually understand some of the basics of the rules.
    Catching the ball is literally a football move. I said nothing about it simply hitting your hand. If a player catches the ball and stands there and it come out on a hit, it’s not a catch?
    Swaye's Wigwam

^this. And they are too dumb to figure it out. They have clearly never played a down.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    Mad_Son said:

If you don't have a definition for controlling the ball you don't have a consistently enforceable rule.

I suppose the fact that you don't understand this is why you display your sign so proudly.
    Catching the ball is controlling the ball. JFC. It’s in the word catch. That’s what it mean.

What’s my sign?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

What, are they gonna make a basketball move on accident?

Maybe a cricket move or even a tennis move.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They could fall down and scream in agony - I mean make a soccer move
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,073

Mad_Son said:

Catching the ball is controlling the ball. JFC. It’s in the word catch. That’s what it mean.

What’s my sign?
    When is a catch more than the ball hitting you in the hands? When does it go from starting to catch to being caught? That is why the definition exists - to define having control/it was caught.

Do you really not understand this or is this just more of your schtick to complain about everything?
    edited January 2022
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

What’s my sign?
    When is a catch more than the ball hitting you in the hands? When does it go from starting to catch to being caught? That is why the definition exists - to define having control/it was caught.

Do you really not understand this or is this just more of your schtick to complain about everything?
    (My guess) Is that he understands that the phrase "football" move is confusing, irritating and adds nothing to the definition of catch. It has nothing to do with a catch and it doesn't actually define a catch even though it's in the rules.

My question is if you catch a ball while stopping and stand still at the same time can someone cause a fumble four seconds later by hitting you? Or is doing nothing a football move? Or is actually catching the ball a football move?

I think we/he knows what they were trying to say when they wrote the rules perhaps they just weren't successful.

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    EwaDawg said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

What’s my sign?

(My guess) Is that he understands that the phrase "football" move is confusing, irritating and adds nothing to the definition of catch. It has nothing to do with a catch and it doesn't actually define a catch even though it's in the rules.

My question is if you catch a ball while stopping and stand still at the same time can someone cause a fumble four seconds later by hitting you. Is doing nothing a football move? Or is actually catching the ball a football move?

I think we/he knows what they were trying to say when they wrote the rules perhaps they just weren't successful.

The rules don't use "football move" but "act common to the game [while maintaining control]".

I think the issue is the difference in interpretation of "catch" between "catching the ball" and "completing the catch".

EwaDawg said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

What’s my sign?

My question is if you catch a ball while stopping and stand still at the same time can someone cause a fumble four seconds later by hitting you. Is doing nothing a football move? Or is actually catching the ball a football move?

The rules don't use "football move" but "act common to the game [while maintaining control]".

I think the issue is the difference in interpretation of "catch" between "catching the ball" and "completing the catch".
    And some would say only a schizophrenic (sic) would claim a difference in interpretation of "catch" between "catching the ball" and "completing the catch".
    EwaDawg said:

EwaDawg said:

Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

What’s my sign?

And some would say only a schizophrenic (sic) would claim a difference in interpretation of "catch" between "catching the ball" and "completing the catch".
    And some would say only a schizophrenic (sic) would claim a difference in interpretation of "football move" and "act common to the game [while maintaining control]".

(And yes, by responding to my own post I must be the aforementioned schizophrenic). Hardcore Husky where the jokes write themselves.

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is a perfect fight. A lot going on, action in every direction, but nobody really getting hit too hard...if at all. Like MMA with oversize gloves and ankle weights.

More of what makes HH a top ten internet site for UW athletics.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Mad_Son said:

What’s my sign?

Catching it is catching it. This football move fucktarded term recently made its way into the lexicon. How did we manage 65 years of people not say "football move".

I'm bagging on the stupid sounding term, not the fact that a ball needs to be caught.

Get it?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

This is a perfect fight. A lot going on, action in every direction, but nobody really getting hit too hard...if at all. Like MMA with oversize gloves and ankle weights.

More of what makes HH a top ten internet site for UW athletics.
    You can count on me to start the best threads. Same as always.