Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WTF is Kalen DeBoer doing right now?

123457»

Comments

• Options
    MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 878
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Legitimately feels like we had more positive momentum during the first month of the Gilbertson-Willingham transition 17 years ago.

Anything out there so far that indicates UW has hired the right guy for the this new era of CFB?

That it feels different than Gilbertson-Willingham?"
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,872
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    TheHB said:

chuck said:

theLSkid said:

Alpo said:

Imagine arguing with strangers on the internet about whether or not Jordan brand is a part of Nike. AIDS.

Imagine claiming that one shoe made in some sweatshop in Vietnam by children making 3,000 dong a day is higher quality than some other shoe made in a sweatshop next door by Vietnamese children making 3,000 dong a day is higher quality.
    Adidas makes my kinkles hurt when I run

Nike doesn't even make shoes in the style I wear as a rule, and when they do they're paper thin junk while I've found Adidas match the quality of the more "boutique" companies like Ecco, Merrell, Salomon, Vasque etc. Adidas is the only company among old the standards...Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc that I still buy unless I'm looking for track running or sport specific cleats or spikes. The only sport I still buy shoes for is golf and I only wear Footjoy. Nike and Adidas golf shoes are garbage as far as I'm concerned.
    Golf Shoe Superiority Guy in the house!
    The Throbber has some Puma golf shoes that are comfy as all get out.

Golf game is shit but the feet looking and feeling good, Willis.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,872
    HFNY said:

But who will DeBoer hire as WR coach and what are HIS shoe preferences?

Somebody with experience.

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

chuck said:

theLSkid said:

Alpo said:

Imagine arguing with strangers on the internet about whether or not Jordan brand is a part of Nike. AIDS.

Imagine claiming that one shoe made in some sweatshop in Vietnam by children making 3,000 dong a day is higher quality than some other shoe made in a sweatshop next door by Vietnamese children making 3,000 dong a day is higher quality.

Nike doesn't even make shoes in the style I wear as a rule, and when they do they're paper thin junk while I've found Adidas match the quality of the more "boutique" companies like Ecco, Merrell, Salomon, Vasque etc. Adidas is the only company among old the standards...Nike, Adidas, Reebok, etc that I still buy unless I'm looking for track running or sport specific cleats or spikes. The only sport I still buy shoes for is golf and I only wear Footjoy. Nike and Adidas golf shoes are garbage as far as I'm concerned.
    Golf Shoe Superiority Guy in the house!
    The Throbber has some Puma golf shoes that are comfy as all get out.

Golf game is shit but the feet looking and feeling good, Willis.

You’ve always been my favorite poster. Always well thought out and classy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Yeah, Petersen got off to a horrible start at UW.

And despite his winning percentage he wasn't trusted much more than DeBoer because the mountain west was trash and BSU had it rolling for a long time there. Plus he came to UW off of a mediocre 8 win season.

Most of the team didn't respond to him, he's barely beating Eastern and Hawaii. Stanford game was one of the most pathetic offensive performances in the history of the Pac 12, then he tried that shitty fake punt that was immediately sniffed out. He lost to all the average, barely above average teams, most of the those matchups were at home even. UCLA and ASU were particularly bad. Team completely quit after the first couple series against Oregon. Beat a shit tier cuog and then lost in an embarrassing fashion to OSU who ran us over with a lineman.

2015 was even worse and it was awful until the last 3 games where he played teams far less talented than his.

He was also getting cucked by a few big names in the state, namely Fozzy where he was bailed out by the fact that Fozzy wasn't a football player.

DeBoer lost to Hawaii
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    theLSkid said:

chuck said:

theLSkid said:

Alpo said:

From my experience with simply football gear, Nike is better. Adidas jerseys tear easily (mad comfy tho), but adidas cleat are hands DOWN the worst cleats I’ve ever worn. Paper thin, when you get stepped on you’re FUCKED, Nike is more durable, but in general running/walking shoes, I find the Ultra Boost soooo much more comfortable. Personal preference of course, I haven’t gotten any gold shoes yet but I’m horrible at golf
    My experience is quite the opposite.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    looking forward to another decade of celebrating the 90s
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

theLSkid said:

chuck said:

theLSkid said:

Alpo said:

From my experience with simply football gear, Nike is better. Adidas jerseys tear easily (mad comfy tho), but adidas cleat are hands DOWN the worst cleats I’ve ever worn. Paper thin, when you get stepped on you’re FUCKED, Nike is more durable, but in general running/walking shoes, I find the Ultra Boost soooo much more comfortable. Personal preference of course, I haven’t gotten any gold shoes yet but I’m horrible at golf
    My experience is only with futbol, and my experience is that adidas is the best gotdang cleat that was ever made. Will wear nothing else, despite a few dalliances with Nike (suck, paper thin and weird, fall apart bullshit) and this one smaller Italian brand (meh, heavy). Adidas soccer cleats are the best ever made. Now, I have a problem with their UW jersey and how they keep coming off the shoulder pad....
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2022
    Summary of Nikes UW catalog:

-Pete era abortion unis

-Shirts that say "sailgate" showing a speed boat that you never see on game days

-No panting husky

-Light tan replaced gold

-Dull shade of purple

-Weasel

-No custom shoes

I would've taken fucking NewBalance over them.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

theLSkid said:

chuck said:

theLSkid said:

Alpo said:

My experience is only with futbol, and my experience is that adidas is the best gotdang cleat that was ever made. Will wear nothing else, despite a few dalliances with Nike (suck, paper thin and weird, fall apart bullshit) and this one smaller Italian brand (meh, heavy). Adidas soccer cleats are the best ever made. Now, I have a problem with their UW jersey and how they keep coming off the shoulder pad....
    I didn't dare point out thst Adidas makes the best futbol boots. I only know because my son played up to age 16.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The only thing I'll say about the brands is that some kids definitely do care about them. If you think it's stupid just remember you are probably not 18 years old.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Canadawg said:

The only thing I'll say about the brands is that some kids definitely do care about them. If you think it's stupid just remember you are probably not 18 years old.