Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ZTF...Staying Or Leaving???

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,095
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Mad_Son said:

Another Deboner red flag

Ztf should be thinking one and done. I can’t imagine a better situation than uw. I can think of a bunch of lateral moves which would seem peculiar. Have no idea of his mindset though.
    How is UW the best situation? With Fresno coaches that guided the nation's #81 ranked defense?

Oregon would be a better situation. Utah would be a better situation. Texas A&M would be a better situation.
    Fresno was

#34 in ypg
    #31 in ypp
    #20 in ppg

Not sure where #81 defense is coming from
    @NeGgaPlEaSe said it and nobody fact checked him. Except me of course.
    Good job Pup!
  • Options
    Mad_Son said:

Another Deboner red flag

Ztf should be thinking one and done. I can’t imagine a better situation than uw. I can think of a bunch of lateral moves which would seem peculiar. Have no idea of his mindset though.
    How is UW the best situation? With Fresno coaches that guided the nation's #81 ranked defense?

Oregon would be a better situation. Utah would be a better situation. Texas A&M would be a better situation.
    Fresno was

#34 in ypg
    #31 in ypp
    #20 in ppg

Also for offense

#13 in ypg
    #21 in ypp
    #27 in ppg

All in all these seem like pretty good stats for a G5 team that played P5 twice. Could be better for sure but plenty to sell there.
  • Options
    GaearGrimsrudGaearGrimsrud Member Posts: 82
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Photogenic

Another Deboner red flag

I was thinking Appalachian State....Georgia Southern....maybe Liberty. They get to go to one of those bowl things.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Mad_Son said:

Another Deboner red flag

Fresno was

#34 in ypg
    #31 in ypp
    #20 in ppg

This has legs. 81 is now the default ranking for any stat on this site.

For all the ass blasting that’s been going on about the lack of Sizzle these hires have for the staff, nobody actually cared to check if any of these guys were actually good at their jobs. Sad to see how far hch has fallen.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,575
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

Another Deboner red flag

Fresno was

#34 in ypg
    #31 in ypp
    #20 in ppg

For all the ass blasting that’s been going on about the lack of Sizzle these hires have for the staff, nobody actually cared to check if any of these guys were actually good at their jobs. Sad to see how far hch has fallen.
    These defensive stats are paired with a real offense. Not one that was designed to keep all scoring at a minimum. I’m feeling bullish on these coaches. Definitely enough to LIPO without jumping off imaginary trains.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I have a feeling coaches are gonna call for some rules around the portal at will situation. Things like Haener transferring after season’s announced the starter can fuck up too many teams. On top of that, if you get unexpected portals at seasons end, you’re then scrambling to balance you roster with only a few weeks before early signing day.

Players need to have some skin in the game. This is kind of ridiculous. But the players have to have some freedom. There needs to be a middle ground.
    Agree. The portal stuff is by far worse than free agency. I think the kids should have to stay at least their first two years. Maybe even say you're not eligible to transfer until you're eligible to leave to the NFL (3 years out of HS). Otherwise college football is going to become AAU.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Collective bargaining should be deemed a statutory right if the athletes are deemed to be employees. But Congress could decide otherwise. I view the status quo as increasingly untenable, but that’s a lay opinion.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

Another Deboner red flag

Fresno was

#34 in ypg
    #31 in ypp
    #20 in ppg

That's what doogs do, or so one might believe if they came in blind and read this site. Reactionary fits are what *we pay $10.95 for though, so I don't out up any resistance to it.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Collective bargaining should be deemed a statutory right if the athletes are deemed to be employees. But Congress could decide otherwise. I view the status quo as increasingly untenable, but that’s a lay opinion.

I say kill it all. Have minor league teams and let the players earn what they are worth. That’s what I say.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Gladstone said:

I say kill it all. Have minor league teams and let the players earn what they are worth. That’s what I say.
    If the product I love is going to die anyways let it be in hilarious fashion where 98%+ of "student" athletes realize they are worth nearly zero (if not less) and that they are certainly not worth more than the undergrad slaving away trying to invent the 69th booster shot while paying for classes.
  • Options

Mad_Son said:

Another Deboner red flag

Fresno was

#34 in ypg
    #31 in ypp
    #20 in ppg

That's how many sorority sisters I've spent the night with.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,561
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Am I wrong or can guys play in the Arena League or whatever? Just do that if you want otherwise enjoy the fans, girls, experience and bags, it won’t last forever.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Going to be special watching him rot away in burnt Orange
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,107
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Another Deboner red flag

Fresno was

#34 in ypg
    #31 in ypp
    #20 in ppg

Assuming you're accurate then I stand corrected. I thought I read that somewhere.
  • Options

Another Deboner red flag

The nation's 81st ranked defense with Fresno players. We have better pl...oh wait....goddamnit.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Mad_Son said:

Another Deboner red flag

Fresno was

#34 in ypg
    #31 in ypp
    #20 in ppg

Assuming you're accurate then I stand corrected. I thought I read that somewhere.
    Those are the official NCAA stats as of time of posting. When sorting by ypp they don't renumber the rankings so I could be off by one or something if I miscounted.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,350
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mad_Son said:

Another Deboner red flag

Fresno was

#34 in ypg
    #31 in ypp
    #20 in ppg

81% of the time you're right, though. Or wrong. I can't ever remember.