Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ZTF...Staying Or Leaving???

ChillyDawgChillyDawg Member Posts: 1,469
edited December 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
I get the sense that he may already have one foot out of the door. Most likely has some offers from some better programs in his back pocket. I don't think that he will return to Montlake. I find it very believable that he will look to better his 2023 NFL draft status by transferring to a program in a better position for him to be more successful on the football field.

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club
    Another Deboner red flag
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,798

Another Deboner red flag

Only if he can’t retain him.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,046 Standard Supporter

Another Deboner red flag

Ztf should be thinking one and done. I can’t imagine a better situation than uw. I can think of a bunch of lateral moves which would seem peculiar. Have no idea of his mindset though.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
    W/ regards to ZTF imo he is Gonzo. He's got to get much much better at holding the edge on runs.

Since we have essentially unlimited free agency in college (kids get one free transfer a year, but there is no chance NCAA is going to stop a player a 2nd time and face the backlish) I wonder how long b4 we see the opposite where coaches can move on from kids as well thus freeing up a scholly to use on someone else?
    godawgst said:

W/ regards to ZTF imo he is Gonzo. He's got to get much much better at holding the edge on runs.

Since we have essentially unlimited free agency in college (kids get one free transfer a year, but there is no chance NCAA is going to stop a player a 2nd time and face the backlish) I wonder how long b4 we see the opposite where coaches can move on from kids as well thus freeing up a scholly to use on someone else?

They just stopped haener from transferring and he never got free year. Had to sit out. But still.
  • godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club

godawgst said:

They just stopped haener from transferring and he never got free year. Had to sit out. But still.
    I think what stopped him was classes he still needed to finish to get up here would not have allowed him to be here for spring ball, and made it so the soonest he could be here was June 1st.
    godawgst said:

godawgst said:

I think what stopped him was classes he still needed to finish to get up here would not have allowed him to be here for spring ball, and made it so the soonest he could be here was June 1st.
    Yes because they didn’t give him a free year so he would have had to be a grad transfer. Surprising given how limp dick the ncaa has been, but they dropped their 2 inches of thunder on haener for whatever reason.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,551 Founders Club

Another Deboner red flag

Ztf should be thinking one and done. I can’t imagine a better situation than uw. I can think of a bunch of lateral moves which would seem peculiar. Have no idea of his mindset though.
    How is UW the best situation? With Fresno coaches that guided the nation's #81 ranked defense?

Oregon would be a better situation. Utah would be a better situation. Texas A&M would be a better situation.

I have a feeling coaches are gonna call for some rules around the portal at will situation. Things like Haener transferring after season’s announced the starter can fuck up too many teams. On top of that, if you get unexpected portals at seasons end, you’re then scrambling to balance you roster with only a few weeks before early signing day.

Players need to have some skin in the game. This is kind of ridiculous. But the players have to have some freedom. There needs to be a middle ground.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,601

That’s a career destroying injury more often than not for a position where the most important attribute is first step fast twitch speed.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,047 Founders Club

I have a feeling coaches are gonna call for some rules around the portal at will situation. Things like Haener transferring after season’s announced the starter can fuck up too many teams. On top of that, if you get unexpected portals at seasons end, you’re then scrambling to balance you roster with only a few weeks before early signing day.

Coaches leave too. Everyone is acting like pussies. It’s a business now. Players get paid. Coaches make a ton of money. Everyone is capable of figuring it out.
    Coaches leave relatively freely in every major sport. And every major sport, even with descrepencies in the strength of their respective players unions, nonetheless puts heavy constraints on how freely the players can move year over year. That's the eternal model of profitable sports, and it fucking works.

A player free-for-all, in both NIL and unlimited "one-time" transfers, is rotting the sport. I don't think the end game here is going to work out for anyone.
    As much as I don’t have an emotional connection to the NFL product, I respect honesty and overall fairness of it.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,413 Swaye's Wigwam
    Make it so players can transfer if their head coach leaves. Otherwise sign the paper and suck it up