Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has any coach failed faster than DeBoer?

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

I thought the assistants didn't matter and it's just about the HC?

I thought hiring Donovan let you know that Jimmy wasn't the guy?

Huff failed under Petersen for three years too

Clearly he sucks regardless
    On the one hand, you're dead right about Huff.

Thanks

• Options
    Might want to add this thread to the historic file since it's likely the first time Race got his clock cleaned by an intramural tetherball champion.

Relax Race. Grubb is gonna coach the OL.

Huff will be his assistant, which means he'll get the coffee in the morning, pat a few guys on the butt during practice and spend the rest of his time recruiting his ass off — and he is damn good at that part of his job.

Huff won't be in charge of the OL at UW any more than JohnDon was in charge of the RB's with the Jags

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Its a huge deal but rationalize away mountain west fans

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited December 2021
    Like we say, no

Te and dl seem like TUFF hires. So he didn’t completely fuck it up . Also juice already recruited a GOOD uc Davis db transfer so early returns indicate he’s not lazy like will Harris. And Grubb as qb coach convinced penix to come here. If Inge big dicks Riley for that Nevada lb then I am willing to forgive retaining huff.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The head man dictates whether or not position coaches and coordinators are worth a shit anyways, at least according to me in the recent past. My doog smile is turning to plaster and I'm not going to complain or worry about a thing as it relates to UW until next year.

WTF lol. I don't think this is meant to be complimentary. Oh well.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oline was good in passing downs and bad in run downs right? I dont know enough to say why that is but it could be Donovan influence.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Oline was good in passing downs and bad in run downs right? I dont know enough to say why that is but it could be Donovan influence.

The Oline was good on pass downs in 2020. They were horrific from the start in 2021...Sark OL levels of bad. Maybe worse.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

1. I'm really disappointed Huff was retained, although people smarter at football than me are defending it on Twitter and elsewhere. I agree with Race's long held (and now paradoxical) theory that it's all about the HC. If Huff sucks again, this shit is on DeBoer and DeBoer alone.

2. Part of me thinks there's some reverse psychology going on with this thread and Race's extremely, extremely pro-Lake posts and threads the past two years. I'm here for it.

People smarter than you about football loved the Lake hire too. After a couple decades of me being right, I don’t think those smarter about football than me are very smart.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The red flag was Jimmy wanting the fat soft seniors to start. Gaard, Rosengarten, Hatchet, and MM are much better prospects. Who will now get a proper OC.