Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has any coach failed faster than DeBoer?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,721
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

The problem is that Huff can bring in all the big dicks we? want but they turn into frightened little turtles once they get here.

Huff sucks and it’s very doogly to think it’s OK to keep him as OL coach because of his recruiter prowess.

3 star nobodies are better than the overhyped, under developed 4 stars we seem to get. But by all means keep thinking Greg Biggins’ rankings are important.
    My point is that marginally more talented OL don’t even matter if you can’t develop them. We haven’t had one OL as good as 2016. At a certain point the recruiting doesn’t matter anymore and let’s face it, we don’t get many surefire 5* studs like the blue bloods.
    There was always going to be a drop off due to bad recruiting classes inherited by Huff but it should have turned around by 2020 with his guys in there.. Instead it got worse.

Maybe it's all around program malaise and he'll turn it around. A better offense will cover for him to an extent. It still should've been an easy choice to let him go. Keeping a non-performing coach from the previous staff is riskier than trying someone new.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,430
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TheHB said:

TheHB said:

The problem is that Huff can bring in all the big dicks we? want but they turn into frightened little turtles once they get here.

Huff sucks and it’s very doogly to think it’s OK to keep him as OL coach because of his recruiter prowess.

3 star nobodies are better than the overhyped, under developed 4 stars we seem to get. But by all means keep thinking Greg Biggins’ rankings are important.
    Uhh, that’s the poont
    I should have made clear I agreed with you.
    All good. Part of me thought that might be the case, but the asshat in me wanted to be snarky.

We know who's gonna win that one.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Nice of Scott to show up in his 6th year on the job

Chris Tormey and I are laughing at all this

Took DJ a while to win a natty. You would have fired him after his first six years. Maybe it took him a while to get his reads down