Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The kid coaching 0reg0n

2»

Comments

• AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,730

AOG said:

AOG said:

The important thing to take from the presser is the announcement that UO is an elite football program, unlike other ordinary PAC-12 schools, like Washington...this from a guy whose head coaching experience was girls JV basketball...

I don't care if you're the new coach at Arizona. You should call your new program an elite program. For any other reason, it's now elite because you're now coaching there. I don't see what the problem is.
    You had some other bizarre argument recently.... so if you declare YOURSELF elite it is not the same as others declaring you elite. It's like saying "I'm a cool popular kid" in high school and hope it works.
    Actually, the entire fucking fraternity system is based on this idea. "I can't help it if I'm better at life than you are."

And, both in high school and on Greek row, you'd be surprised how effective it can be.
    It's not effective if it's somebody you dislike.

Personally, when I hear the 0regon coach declare how elite they are, it is not working for me
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,539 Standard Supporter
    AOG said:

AOG said:

AOG said:

The important thing to take from the presser is the announcement that UO is an elite football program, unlike other ordinary PAC-12 schools, like Washington...this from a guy whose head coaching experience was girls JV basketball...

I don't care if you're the new coach at Arizona. You should call your new program an elite program. For any other reason, it's now elite because you're now coaching there. I don't see what the problem is.
    You had some other bizarre argument recently.... so if you declare YOURSELF elite it is not the same as others declaring you elite. It's like saying "I'm a cool popular kid" in high school and hope it works.
    Actually, the entire fucking fraternity system is based on this idea. "I can't help it if I'm better at life than you are."

And, both in high school and on Greek row, you'd be surprised how effective it can be.
    It's not effective if it's somebody you dislike.

Personally, when I hear the 0regon coach declare how elite they are, it is not working for me
    And Mario Cristobal said in his Miami presser that they have the best QB in the nation. Coaches say shit.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    AOG said:

AOG said:

It’s not like that at all.
  • PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611

AOG said:

Lol

Any coach who referred to Arizona as elite would be viewed as a clown. Even by the most hardcore Arizona fans (if there are any)
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,539 Standard Supporter
    AOG is a pathetic doog. Next thread.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

AOG said:

Lol

Any coach who referred to Arizona as elite would be viewed as a clown. Even by the most hardcore Arizona fans (if there are any)
    It was hyperbole. It would be a red flag had Lanning not said that, is what I’m getting at.
    dtd said:

AOG is a pathetic doog. Next thread.

I'm not really a Huskie fan in earnest anymore, I just hate Oregon. Really, when a coach says they are "elite" that means "better than you," since elite is by definition exclusive. But I'll drop the subject although it makes my hair stand up like a dog, not a doog though. Maybe I am still a bit of a doog.
    whatever happened to that asshole Gordo ? Probably in some Hotel d'Invalides for sports nuts
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,620
    edited December 2021
    AOG said:

I watched a few minutes of the press intro. He says the right stuff basically, but this is looking like he is using the young Slick Rick snake oil hype playbook. Apparently his second head coach job, this being, the first being junior girls basketball.

He also dropped "elite." How does it feel O Husky Footballers (RIP Mohun Biswas) to hear such snobbery from the south. He's better than our? coach who was winning NAIA titles when the ELITIST from Georgia was coaching girls basketball.

AOG said:

Did he wear a hat that said "ELITE" on it?

People have been saying "oh, he's elite because he coached at Georgia." What a load of bullshit. Any NFL coach would be "more elite" than that.... anyway, the new coach is a classic snake oil salesman full of hot air, and he is, oh yes, very ELITE.
    AOG said:

AOG said:

AOG said:

Imagine caring this much, about anything.
  • MobeyB4AssholesMobeyB4Assholes Member Posts: 936
    edited December 2021
    Goduckies said:

Naia wow I'll take GA under Saben and DC at Georgia over Naia any day.

To be fair, you'd really have liked a mediocre coach from Cal but he said no.

AOG said:

I watched a few minutes of the press intro. He says the right stuff basically, but this is looking like he is using the young Slick Rick snake oil hype playbook. Apparently his second head coach job, this being, the first being junior girls basketball.

He also dropped "elite." How does it feel O Husky Footballers (RIP Mohun Biswas) to hear such snobbery from the south. He's better than our? coach who was winning NAIA titles when the ELITIST from Georgia was coaching girls basketball.

AOG said:

People have been saying "oh, he's elite because he coached at Georgia." What a load of bullshit. Any NFL coach would be "more elite" than that.... anyway, the new coach is a classic snake oil salesman full of hot air, and he is, oh yes, very ELITE.
    AOG said:

AOG said:

AOG said:

Well, you took to the time to read it all
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,620
    AOG said:

AOG said:

AOG said:

AOG said:

AOG said:

AOG said:

Well, you took to the time to read it all
    Just the first page.

It went in for two more of you can believe it.