Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What was you worst / most embarrassing sports moment

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    TheHB said:

chuck said:

I just thought of probably my worst one. My brother never lets me forget this one.

I have a long history of knee problems. I won't go into it as it's a long history. Until my early 20s it was all with my left knee. I tweaked my right one playing hoops at Ravenna Park during my last spring in Seattle. It felt serious when it happened, but it loosened up surprisingly fast and I kind of forgot about it.

That summer I joined my brother's men's slow pitch team for a couple of weekend tourneys per month. I was playing third base, with an expensive custom brace on my left knee, and muffed a hard grounder. After the dust settled, still pissed at myself for the error, I kicked at the ground like a fucking spoiled adolescent. I think I was expecting to just brush the dirt, but instead my cleats caught, the rest of my leg kept going, and I heard/felt that sickly, muted series of pops that comes from deep inside your knee as shit is tearing.

It nearly crumpled me, but instead I just started hopping/gimping in a little circle...wondering if I could walk or even stand on it. The other team's base coach and the runner who had come in to third on the play both saw what happened and were quick to show their Nebraska classiness, which I did not want at the moment. I think half of my team saw the whole thing too but I'm pretty sure they didn't give a fuck if I was OK or have any interest in helping me if I needed it.

I managed to play a few more games at first base and finish out the tourney but I was mostly useless. My ACL was torn and the chunk of meniscus that came out on that one was a personal record. It's easily the most disgraceful, embarrassing, damaging, stupid thing I've ever done during a sporting event. The next time I played a softball game I was wearing custom braces on both knees. My friends mockingly called me Terminator...with nothing even slightly complimentary intended. Dicks.

This is the kind of content you just can’t get anywhere else.
    I know a guy that can get you custom knee braces lol

I just finished our order form haha
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Houhusky said:

8th grade learning to throw discus . Spinning around wildly like a fucktard and I release the most glorious discus throw that Jr. High has ever seen, probably record setting. Except I released it almost completely sideways. The discus flew... it was beautiful... until it went directly into the popular all American track girl's leg while she was stretching to the side. She crumpled, it actually fractured femur. She never really ran the same again, she quit track and became a cheerleader, got pregnant senior year by some backup QB football player.

Her parents never forgave me, the school actually had to build a cage around the field practice area for discus and shot throws because of "the incident"... I do wonder what would have happened if she had stuck with being an all state track star without a broken leg instead of a knocked up cheerleader.

Holy fuck.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

When I was 5 and played divegrass my cleat was untied and I went to kick the ball as hard as I could to score. Missed the ball completely and my cleat flew like 20 yards.

Guaranteed best part of the game, season, and sport.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Probably when Teagan Quintoariano sodomized me with a TV remote

jfc how did this one fly under the radar? chincredible!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Alpo said:

Intramural flag football at UW circa 1990 or ‘91. Ragtag bunch of McMahon dorm dipshits gets to the quarterfinals of the playoffs (okay, we won one game in the playoffs) playing against some asshole frat that ran, like, plays and shit. I of course was the quarterback, piloting us to greatness. Nobody believed in us, not even our own mothers.

Clinging to a 7-6 lead late in the second half, trying to run out the clock, we have the ball. I roll to my left and see the sideline approaching. Being the heady player that I am I know if I go out of bounds it will stop the clock and we will probably give the ball back to those assholes. I see one ot my linemen (a guy nicknamed “Smoke”) standing back in the middle of the field near the LOS and I throw the ball back across my body (I am left-handed so it was my outside arm) towards me frenemy Smoke, who casually tries to catch the ball as some frat dbag steps in front of him, intercepts it, and returns it for a touchdown. We lose, despite one heroic last ditch Hail Mary that was dropped by another guy on the team.

Honestly, none of this was my fault.

I coulda been something. I coulda been a contender. Now all I’ve got is egg noodles and ketchup. I live my life like an ordinary schnook

I played in that one year. 1992 or 1993. We threw together a ragtag gang of former athletes and A students who had gone off to school and discovered drugs, loose women, and liberal arts majors (not I).

We handled a couple of similar teams easily. Turned out we were really fast on defense. We never gave up more than a touchdown to anyone. Then we had the big matchup with the ROTC team. They made us uncomfortable and seemed really organized and into it. They referred to us as the hippie team. We beat them by two TDs.

Finally we came up against a good team with two tall, fast receivers and a QB with a strong arm who just chucked it up to them. I don't remember how they worked, but we went into the final minutes leading by an extra point, 7-6. The only offense for us came when I bootlegged left, pump faked a5 yard out, then lofted a wobbly 25 yarder down the sideline that the receiver ran under and coasted to the endzone.

So, a few seconds left in the game, and they're at about midfield. They heaved one ball toward the endzone that was batted down. On the second one our other corner ran down the hail mary (rushed throw as we applied pressure) on the one and his momentum carried him into the endzone, where he kneeled sealing the win. Fucking frat boy fag (obviously a friend of the fags on the other team) that was reffing called a safety. We lost 8-7 and missed the playoffs. I'll never recover from the disappointment.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dtd said:

Probably when Teagan Quintoariano sodomized me with a TV remote

jfc how did this one fly under the radar? chincredible!
    Living in Salem it is referred to as the “Sprague Special”
  • Options

Houhusky said:

8th grade learning to throw discus . Spinning around wildly like a fucktard and I release the most glorious discus throw that Jr. High has ever seen, probably record setting. Except I released it almost completely sideways. The discus flew... it was beautiful... until it went directly into the popular all American track girl's leg while she was stretching to the side. She crumpled, it actually fractured femur. She never really ran the same again, she quit track and became a cheerleader, got pregnant senior year by some backup QB football player.

Her parents never forgave me, the school actually had to build a cage around the field practice area for discus and shot throws because of "the incident"... I do wonder what would have happened if she had stuck with being an all state track star without a broken leg instead of a knocked up cheerleader.

Well, for one thing, she wouldn't be your wife.
    Nice
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

Hey, you legit ruining a girls life so a bunch of degenerates can chuckle on HH 20 years later is totally worth it. TYFYS

Related question: When you saw Gabe Marks knee happen did you have flashbacks to this moment?
    Kind of reminds me of the super dumb chick I was study buddies with when I was a sophomore and she was a freshman. Totally stupid. But I carried her through the tests. Then we boned and I dropped the class

Found out like a year later that class caused her to fail out and move back to Utah

Where I'm assuming she got knocked up by a backup qb
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Houhusky said:

Well, for one thing, she wouldn't be your wife.
    Nice
    Not everyone sees the dimples on the Titleist the way my pervy eyes do.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

Hey, you legit ruining a girls life so a bunch of degenerates can chuckle on HH 20 years later is totally worth it. TYFYS

Related question: When you saw Gabe Marks knee happen did you have flashbacks to this moment?
    Kind of reminds me of the super dumb chick I was study buddies with when I was a sophomore and she was a freshman. Totally stupid. But I carried her through the tests. Then we boned and I dropped the class

Found out like a year later that class caused her to fail out and move back to Utah

Where I'm assuming she got armpitted by a backup qb
    The judges also would have accepted ‘soaked’
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good god, we gotta a lot of IMA legends up in here.

@Tequilla has got some competition for the throne.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good god, we gotta a lot of IMA legends up in here.

@Tequilla has got some competition for the throne.

I have a pretty good knee story from the IMA too but I've alread "bragged" enough about what a dumb ass try hard I could be.