Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stupid move by Miami

AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,730
edited December 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Both the fired coach and the new one appear about the same. The real reason Crystall-Balls was hired: he an ALUM.

That's right, the reason for this is the hire-the-alum fallacy, that somehow an alum will improve the situation. This is even dumber than hiring the assistant with no HC experience. I predict fired in two seasons

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    10 year contract LOLZ
  • OneNippleOneNipple Member Posts: 179
    HuskyJW said:

10 year contract LOLZ

Inflation
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam
    AOG said:

Both the fired coach and the new one appear about the same. The real reason Crystall-Balls was hired: he an ALUM.

That's right, the reason for this is the hire-the-alum fallacy, that somehow an alum will improve the situation. This is even dumber than hiring the assistant with no HC experience. I predict fired in two seasons

It takes stones to call someone else dumb when your post has the phrase "he an ALUM"
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,624
    edited December 2021
    AOG said:

Chinned.

If he wasn’t an alumni they wouldnt even know his name.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,009

AOG said:

Chinned.

If he wasn’t an alumni alumnus they wouldnt even know his name.

I know you don't care, but FTFY.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,361 Founders Club

You do have to admit that 10 year contract will be an absolute albatross if he doesn't pan out. I think he will do okay there. Good not great. Probably win a big bowl in there somewhere.
    Swaye said:

You do have to admit that 10 year contract will be an absolute albatross if he doesn't pan out. I think he will do okay there. Good not great. Probably win a big bowl in there somewhere.
    I admit no such thing.

Fug it. If he doesn't work out, the people who are paying for this eat it. Next guy up.

With a QB, and he has a good one waiting, I think he'll do well.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,624

AOG said:

Chinned.

If he wasn’t an alumni alumnus they wouldnt even know his name.

I know you don't care, but FTFY.

• HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,612
    It's an all-around good move for him with Miami taking on needless risk / obligations. It sucks for Oregon since they don't have much time to find a new coach and the recruiting losses add insult to injury. They do get $9 million for the buyout to put towards the new staff.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,730

AOG said:

It takes stones to call someone else dumb when your post has the phrase "he an ALUM"
    handing out grammar nazi scoldings on this site are we?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    He kicked petersen’s ass and won a rosebowl
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    dtd said:

Miami just paid Oregon $9,000,000 for meat.

Insane.

Miami paid another 8mm to Diaz to go DIAFF.

Insaner.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,730
    edited December 2021

AOG said:

Chinned.

If he wasn’t an alumni they wouldnt even know his name.

People think that being an alumnus* (see below) bestows magical properties on the coach. It goes on all the time. WSU had Wulff. Remember that fuck up? Neuheisel at UCLA, Charlie Weis at Notre Dame. Don't get me started.

The best example right now is Frost. Despite being a hopeless failure they extended!

* For an individual graduate, an alumnus is a single male, an alumna is a single female, and an alum is the gender neutral term. For the plurals, alumni refers to multiple male or gender neutral graduates, alumnae is for multiple female grads, and alums is the gender neutral plural. These terms are often used loosely and their strict definitions are in flux.
  • 46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited December 2021

Swaye said:

I admit no such thing.

Fug it. If he doesn't work out, the people who are paying for this eat it. Next guy up.

I like your young FR QB. When Manny was forced to go to him it was rough for a couple of games but the kid looks very talented. Too bad for you MC will use him as effectively as he did the future HOF now leading the Chargers. The guy that just reached 700 completions fastest than and QB in NFL history. Enjoy your 3 yard bursts up the middle. Tuff SEC style!
  • 46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

I admit no such thing.

I like your young FR QB. When Manny was forced to go to him it was rough for a couple of games but the kid looks very talented. Too bad for you MC will use him as effectively as he did the future HOF now leading the Chargers. The guy that just reached 700 completions fastest than and QB in NFL history. Enjoy your 3 yard bursts up the middle. Tuff SEC style!
    Huh?
    46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

I admit no such thing.

I get what MC was trying to do at Oregon. Sure, arguably a little too much, but he'd what works at previous stops and wanted to create that with the Ducks. This year, it's pretty clear why he stuck to the run, and it did give you 10 wins. And of course people are remembering Herbert with rose colored glasses now that he's tearing it up in the NFL. In college, he was good, but he was not "take over a game" good, and sure, part of that was his receiving corp., with dummy running off the only guy who could consistently beat people. But Herbert at Oregon was not like Mariota at Oregon. You needed more to win. After his colorbone at ASU, the collective wisdom was that you didn't want to try to use him like Mariota, and he's not that kind of game breaker anyway. His runs were set-up runs.

Anyway, he was good in college, but not great. Much more went into that RB win than just Herbert. The guy was far from a one-man team.