Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jake Haener

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,726
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Morris is hitting the portal so as of now we're going into spring ball with Sam and Stratton. We need to bring at least 1 portal QB anyways so why not bring a guy who is familiar with DeBoer's system? A lot of ppl here complained about Browning getting the job handed to him in 2015 but now we don't want Sam to have to compete? I want Haener back and I want Sam to beat him out straight up.

Yep.

I'm disappointed this is even a debate. Hmmm should we add a breakout star QB who plays in the literal exact offense we're installing hmmmm. Win the fucking games. Give Sam the opportunity to beat him out. Haener got a raw deal here too btw, I don't blame him for transferring. I still think that was a huge reason why Pete walked.

Can you explain to me who it was that forced Pete to play Eason and then quit?

Pete ran the program. Probably still does
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,015
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12?
    There is such a thing as a supporting cast in team sports...
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

It's not like we are contending next year, so why not start building with Sam? And worst case, what if Sam leaves?

Haener would have 1 year, he wouldn’t be coming over with 3 years of eligibility left. I doubt Huard leaves because of that and if he does well fuck him then.

Not contending? So we should just throw the season away and not try to get a better draft pick? I’m confused.
    If Jake Haener can't win the Mountain West, how in the world do you expect him to win the Pac-12? The whole point of hiring him was that he can develop talent. Well then develop, Sam, that's why you were brought here.
    Pac 12 was .500 vs Mountain West this year. 16-24 since 2016 and 13-12 against them in bowl games. Let’s not pretend like the Pac 12 is a juggernaut conference in comparison.
    I'm not saying that at all, but I'm being realistic about where Washington stands in terms of talent. I don't think we are talented as we seem and that this needs to be torn down and rebuilt back up with a culture change which takes time.
    Can do both at the same time … the beauty of the portal

Also the last 2 classes while below standards combined basically equate to one class in size … the COVID eligibility rules are going to make things interesting for the next few years
    Most good transfer portal players go to the top programs. For every Bookie, Washington will get three Matins and Giles Jackson's.
    Maybe but there are people that have transferred out like McKinney who sucked here but started most of the year for the likely conference champ and contributed. I thought he sucked too but Utah found a way to make him productive. We have been so shitty with our schemes and coaching and personnel decisions nobody knows what to expect next year.

And if a wr transfers out of the program right now you are a dumbass. Just wanted to add that.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Why not? The defense shouldn't be any worse than what we saw and the offense should take a huge step forward, especially with a competent QB. Give Sam a year to get actual coaching and be ready to kill it as a junior.

I'm all for taking Haener.
    I’m hearing another 10 win Season, rather easily.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

Morris is hitting the portal so as of now we're going into spring ball with Sam and Stratton. We need to bring at least 1 portal QB anyways so why not bring a guy who is familiar with DeBoer's system? A lot of ppl here complained about Browning getting the job handed to him in 2015 but now we don't want Sam to have to compete? I want Haener back and I want Sam to beat him out straight up.

Yep.

I'm disappointed this is even a debate. Hmmm should we add a breakout star QB who plays in the literal exact offense we're installing hmmmm. Win the fucking games. Give Sam the opportunity to beat him out. Haener got a raw deal here too btw, I don't blame him for transferring. I still think that was a huge reason why Pete walked.

Can you explain to me who it was that forced Pete to play Eason and then quit?

Pete ran the program. Probably still does
    We need to firepete
  • Options
    webdawg13webdawg13 Member Posts: 77
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    I'm intrigued by Haener coming back since he's comfortable and proven in this system. Hell he was even in the Heisman conversation for a bit this season. I do think we need to hit the portal regardless to build up depth & in case Sam still isn't ready. But like Sonics mentioned, you better be fucking careful that you don't risk the future for a 1 year rebuilding year. If ceiling is 7-8 wins, I'd rather take lumps with Sam same way we did with Browning as a Freshmen.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I love Sonics but his take here is off. Haener is way better than Huard right now and we take him in a heartbeat.

Sonics also wasn’t a fan of DeBoner initially but has since come around. The same will happen with Haener and he’ll warm up to it.

If Sam portals because he had to sit out one year learning the system then good riddance
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Kaepsknee said:

dnc said:

Why not? The defense shouldn't be any worse than what we saw and the offense should take a huge step forward, especially with a competent QB. Give Sam a year to get actual coaching and be ready to kill it as a junior.

Anything less than 8 is a failure.

10 is optimistic but a possibility.
    Rinse.Lather.Repeat then.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Kaepsknee said:

dnc said:

Kaepsknee said:

dnc said:

Anything less than 8 is a failure.

10 is optimistic but a possibility.
    Rinse.Lather.Repeat then.
    I understand why expectations would make you uncomfortable.

Pat pat.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

i like how people are complaining about our dicks not being big enough but then balking at actually trying to win games next year

So the quitter coming back is trying to win games?

Interesting
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Its going to be hilarious when Haener transfer to UW and sucks, Morris transfers to Fresno State and is incredible under Tedford, and Huard transfers to SDSU and sits for the rest of his career.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

I love Sonics but his take here is off. Haener is way better than Huard right now and we take him in a heartbeat.

Sonics also wasn’t a fan of DeBoner initially but has since come around. The same will happen with Haener and he’ll warm up to it.

If Sam portals because he had to sit out one year learning the system then good riddance

UW has a ton of soft players who think they are stars. If some transfer, good. Culture change.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

UW has a ton of soft players who think they are stars. If some transfer, good. Culture change.
    I agree

So enough of the hot Haener talk