Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fuck this program

People are talking themselves into a dude who get skulldragged by Hawaii and Andy Avalos. I'm done. Small time loser bullshit. Have fun folks.

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    If we're using the selective stats bitching approach, does this mean you prefer the guy who is 0-5 against his in-state rival?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

If we're using the selective stats bitching approach, does this mean you prefer the guy who is 0-5 against his in-state rival?

I have no preference. I just want a coach who is proven to be a good recruiter at the p5 level. Enough of this Mickey mouse well we coach guys better bullshit.
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,207
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Would you rather have Wilcox ..?

Serious question...

They way things are starting to break, from my perspective, DeBoer is a great option. Much of this is a total crapshoot... Steve Spurrier never killed it at South Carolina ... however he was decent. I would have thought he would have been in contention every year in the SEC.

Jonathon Smith has worked out well at OSU with no head coaching experience... once the 'sure things' are off the board (or at least those who look like they are sure things), you have to move on who you think can be successful given the situation. Smith was/is hungry... that is the most important ingredient... and I believe DeBoer is hungry as well.

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Imagine going scorched earth on the forums for fucking Hafley, lol.

Either DeBoer or Hafley are a roll of the dice. DeBoer has a little more of a track record of success but either way we apparently couldn’t compete with the big kids.
  • Options

Either DeBoer or Hafley are a roll of the dice. DeBoer has a little more of a track record of success but either way we apparently couldn’t compete with the big kids.

Yeah. Hafley has proven to be an excellent recruiter. I’d rather roll the dice with that.
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is this better or worse than Jordan Banks committing to ASU?
  • Options
    fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,207
    Name Dropper 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I would be mildly intrigued by Hafley ... but from where I sit I think DeBoer's credentials are better... but that is just me.

I could be OK with Hafley ... or Clawson ...

I just sense more hunger, a higher ceiling and career carefully built to bring him to this moment... the moment when he takes over a P5 program.
  • Options

Yeah. Hafley has proven to be an excellent recruiter. I’d rather roll the dice with that.
    I think the point is he hasn’t done jack shit. Big chance. Just seems overly dramatic for situation whether or not you like deboner
    He has a top 25 class at fucking Boston College in year 2...
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I don’t think Campbell is worth the money usc would give him.

Seems like a good coach but it’s not like he’s flashed urban Meyer potential.
  • Options

I would be mildly intrigued by Hafley ... but from where I sit I think DeBoer's credentials are better... but that is just me.

I could be OK with Hafley ... or Clawson ...

I just sense more hunger, a higher ceiling and career carefully built to bring him to this moment... the moment when he takes over a P5 program.

So basically all bullshit reasons based on “feel” for a guy you don't even know.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,091
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I think the point is he hasn’t done jack shit. Big chance. Just seems overly dramatic for situation whether or not you like deboner
    Ron Zook says hi.

Jimmy Lake had bestarred recruits.

To borrow a phrase - everything matters.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Lol wtf no he doesn’t.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    LSU took a shot at Oklahoma’s HC. We will likely steal Cal’s HC. Not sure what’s the problem there.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

LSU took a shot at Oklahoma’s HC. We will likely steal Cal’s HC. Not sure what’s the problem there.