Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

DeBoer is the best fit for the current O skill guys

Comments

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

It seems like I'm the only one not on the Kalen train, but it looks like he will be our next head coach. The lack of experience recruiting is a huge red flag, along with never coaching at a significant P5 job.

Jen’s a fucking retard. I can't believe they let her make this hire. Deboer over a proven recruiter? Nice going tits. Yeah save your recruiting doesn't matter bullshit boomers.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He’s not going to recruit. Nasty hire.

*Takes screenshot
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

It seems like I'm the only one not on the Kalen train, but it looks like he will be our next head coach. The lack of experience recruiting is a huge red flag, along with never coaching at a significant P5 job.

Jen’s a fucking retard. I can't believe they let her make this hire. Deboer over a proven recruiter? Nice going tits. Yeah save your recruiting doesn't matter bullshit boomers.
    Who was the proven recruiter you are referring to?

Hafley.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Hafley.
    Two blistering 6 - 5 seasons at BC and 2 - 5 in the shitty ACC this year. I would rather have Wilcox.

Hafley.
    Can he coach though? They kind of suck this year as i have watched them play a few times. As always It’s a crapshoot.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Hafley.
    Two blistering 6 - 5 seasons at BC and 2 - 5 in the shitty ACC this year. I would rather have Wilcox.
    QB injured week two. Hafley isn’t a proven thing yet, but has a high ceiling. DC of the year while at Ohio state. He’s what doogs think Wilcox is.

Wilcox, on the other hand, is a proven loser with no upside,
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2021
    doogville said:

Hafley.
    QB injured week two. Hafley isn’t a proven thing yet, but has a high ceiling. DC of the year while at Ohio state. He’s what doogs think Wilcox is.

According to who?

Hafley was only at OSU for one year anyway during which he had co-dc title with Mattison.
    doogville said:

Hafley.

The qb injury is the myth the pro Wilcox crowd likes to promote as well for his magical 2019 season that never was. You are allowed to recruit an develop back up qb’s. Some of these coaches will be good. Most will suck. Recruiting is important, but that can bought with assistants also to an extent. As always timely firing is the most important factor when you know they suck.
    edited November 2021

Hafley.
    Their starting QB got hurt for 6 games. He actually has coaching connections to create a good staff at UW because he’s actually coached at real programs.
    edited November 2021

*Takes screenshot
    I hope I'm wrong btw but like...
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,394
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Hafley.
    Their starting QB got hurt for 6 games. He actually has coaching connections to create a good staff at UW because he’s actually coached at real programs.
    I've seen plenty of teams win with backups.

His class this year has two 4-stars. I don't follow recruiting that closely, but I'm old enough to remember recruiting being used as a reason to promote Lake. I'll take a good coach, first, and trust they will fill out their assistant spots appropriately.

*Takes screenshot
    I hope I'm wrong btw but like...
    How does anyone evaluate mountain west recruiting based on stars? Nobody is getting any 4 or 5 stars so it’s all a fucking crapshoot isn’t it?
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,182
    Swaye's Wigwam

doogville said:

Hafley.

According to who?

Hafley was only at OSU for one year anyway during which he had co-dc title with Mattison.
    KOMO 4.

And also: https://247sports.com/Article/Jeff-Hafley-Ohio-State-football-defensive-coordinator--140229946/

Hafley is a rising star. You may not love him and he’s almost certainly not coming to UW, but his resume is impressive.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    Swaye's Wigwam

Any chance Tedford joins his staff?

@sonics1993 do you see this as a realistic scenario?
    I like this too
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,410
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    - Hafley's first class in 2021, Boston College went from #62 in 2020 to #37 in 2021, an improvement of 25 spots, avg. player rating of 85; they're #26 for 2022 class
    - DeBoer first class in 2021, Fresno St went from #101 in 2020 to #72 in 2021, an improvement of 29 spots, avg. player rating of 84; they're #86 for 2022 class

I'm not seeing a huge difference, especially considering Boston College is P5 and Fresno St is not. Then again, I'm not a TBSer.
    edited November 2021
    digits said:

- Hafley's first class in 2021, Boston College went from #62 in 2020 to #37 in 2021, an improvement of 25 spots, avg. player rating of 85; they're #26 for 2022 class
    - DeBoer first class in 2021, Fresno St went from #101 in 2020 to #72 in 2021, an improvement of 29 spots, avg. player rating of 84; they're #86 for 2022 class

I'm not seeing a huge difference, especially considering Boston College is P5 and Fresno St is not. Then again, I'm not a TBSer.

This is some bad statistics/math usage.

The difference between the 87 and 101 classes is negligible.

Every spot you move up in the rankings is more significant ie the biggest gap is between 1 and 2 then 2 and 3 and so on.

ATBS if you like stars Hafley has a full class for 2022 and only two four stars. So he will probably end up around 40ish.

digits said:

This is some bad statistics/math usage.

The difference between the 87 and 101 classes is negligible.

Every spot you move up in the rankings is more significant ie the biggest gap is between 1 and 2 then 2 and 3 and so on.

ATBS if you like stars Hafley has a full class for 2022 and only two four stars. So he will probably end up around 40ish.
    It’s Boston College. It’s a miracle he got a 4 star yet alone 2 to go there