Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer is the best fit for the current O skill guys

13»

Comments

• Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2021

Any chance Tedford joins his staff?

@sonics1993 do you see this as a realistic scenario?
    Notice he made that tweet after I gave you guys the KNOWLEDGE.

But yeah, DeBoer wouldn't be the perfect hire but no hire ever is. Regarding recruiting, Dontae Williams may be available, Tosh could want to coach at UW / with Tedford again, Junior Adams and Malloe would definitely want to stay if they could, and ASU has a few guys I'd want (like Antonio Pierce).
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,708
    edited November 2021
    doogville said:

doogville said:

It seems like I'm the only one not on the Kalen train, but it looks like he will be our next head coach. The lack of experience recruiting is a huge red flag, along with never coaching at a significant P5 job.

Jen’s a fucking retard. I can't believe they let her make this hire. Deboer over a proven recruiter? Nice going tits. Yeah save your recruiting doesn't matter bullshit boomers.
    Who was the proven recruiter you are referring to?
    Hafley.
    Two blistering 6 - 5 seasons at BC and 2 - 5 in the shitty ACC this year. I would rather have Wilcox.
    QB injured week two. Hafley isn’t a proven thing yet, but has a high ceiling. DC of the year while at Ohio state. He’s what doogs think Wilcox is.

Wilcox, on the other hand, is a proven loser with no upside,
    According to who?

Hafley was only at OSU for one year anyway during which he had co-dc title with Mattison.
    KOMO 4.

And also: https://247sports.com/Article/Jeff-Hafley-Ohio-State-football-defensive-coordinator--140229946/

Hafley is a rising star. You may not love him and he’s almost certainly not coming to UW, but his resume is impressive.
    I do like Hafley. But Wilcox is a straw man and Hafley has one year of co-dc tenure. Not gonna put any weight on 24/7 opinion.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    If Deboer gets hired and he’s a serious coach he brings back Tosh.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HFNY said:

Notice he made that tweet after I gave you guys inside KNOWLEDGE.

But yeah, DeBoer wouldn't be the perfect hire but no hire ever is. Regarding recruiting, Dontae Williams may be available, Tosh could want to coach at UW / with Tedford again, Junior Adams and Malloe would definitely want to stay if they could, and ASU has a few guys I'd want (like Antonio Pierce).
    Doesn't Tedford hate Tosh after he left him out to dry?
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    Standard Supporter

HFNY said:

Notice he made that tweet after I gave you guys inside KNOWLEDGE.

Doesn't Tedford hate Tosh after he left him out to dry?
    I'm not sure, I thought Tosh was offered more money and responsibility by Sark so would be tough to blame Tosh (especially if the Cal tightwads wouldn't match the $$$$).
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

digits said:

- Hafley's first class in 2021, Boston College went from #62 in 2020 to #37 in 2021, an improvement of 25 spots, avg. player rating of 85; they're #26 for 2022 class
    - DeBoer first class in 2021, Fresno St went from #101 in 2020 to #72 in 2021, an improvement of 29 spots, avg. player rating of 84; they're #86 for 2022 class

I'm not seeing a huge difference, especially considering Boston College is P5 and Fresno St is not. Then again, I'm not a TBSer.

This is some bad statistics/math usage.

The difference between the 87 and 101 classes is negligible.

Every spot you move up in the rankings is more significant ie the biggest gap is between 1 and 2 then 2 and 3 and so on.

ATBS if you like stars Hafley has a full class for 2022 and only two four stars. So he will probably end up around 40ish.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

digits said:

chuck said:

It seems like I'm the only one not on the Kalen train, but it looks like he will be our next head coach. The lack of experience recruiting is a huge red flag, along with never coaching at a significant P5 job.

I'm surprised at how much some of you value fairly uneven or middling results at a power five school.
    I'm not talking about head coaching experience at a power five; I am talking about being a coordinator or position coach. You won't be prepared until you know the BS you have to put up with and the time and energy needed to recruit at a high level.
    He was the offensive coordinator for Indiana in 2019 and vastly improved their offense. Then it fell off a cliff when he left.

Indiana's recruiting is terrible. I will reserve judgment until I see who he hires for his staff, but I really hope he doesn't make the massive error of bringing in most of his Fresno Staff with him.
    This is a good point. I said in Fudgie's thread that he desperately needs to find a couple ace recruiters. If he brings in the entire Fresno staff that's a red flag right off the bat.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I highly doubt Tosh has any desire to come back to college.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I highly doubt Tosh has any desire to come back to college.
    He might not have a choice. He's currently on Urban's staff in Jacksonville and will have how couch put up for sale after the season.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Honestly with the portal playing such a big factor, you hire a coach with no regard to your current skill position roster. ASU is going to have an exodus of talent when herm bails out next week—go get trayanum and Johnny Wilson and you have 2 skill players better than any on the current roster.
    dnc said:

You don't hire a coach for the personnel you have, you hire a coach for what he can build.

Hell that's always been true but it's especially true in the portal era.

I like DeBoer and would be happy with him as our coach, but this isn't why.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The top, or at worst 2nd most important criteria in this hire is relentlessness in recruiting

So that’s a positive
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

Honestly with the portal playing such a big factor, you hire a coach with no regard to your current skill position roster. ASU is going to have an exodus of talent when herm bails out next week—go get trayanum and Johnny Wilson and you have 2 skill players better than any on the current roster.

dnc said:

You don't hire a coach for the personnel you have, you hire a coach for what he can build.

Lol. Johnny wilson sucks. Nobody would say this if he wasn’t horribly overrated out of high school. Other players on their roster would be nice though.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2021

ntxduck said:

dnc said:

Lol. Johnny wilson sucks. Nobody would say this if he wasn’t horribly overrated out of high school. Other players on their roster would be nice though.
    I’d take him over any wr on UWs roster. Trayanum is a better back than Oregon or UW have, too
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2021
    Trayanum is good. Wilson can’t get separation. Doesn’t win 50/50 balls and doesn’t even play hard.