Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Conservatives hate the constitution part 1

2»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,167
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

How that tax equality working out? Then the rich should be taxed at the same rate as everyone else. No one can find the "tax the wealthy" shit in the constitution as it doesn't exist.
    We didn't have personal income taxes the government was supposed to run on tariffs etc.

Sweet…does that mean we get a flat tax rate? Oh, that’s right

A progressive tax is uniform.
    Answered!
    No it's not. Uniform is far from progressive. And that's state to state. Show me where the constitution says higher percentage for higher income. I'll wait.
    With a progressive tax everyone is subject to the exact same tax rates. I would pay the same percentage for income over a million that Elon Musk would pay. And he would pay the same percentage on the first $50,000 that I would pay. It is the same, in all cases, the definition of uniform.

The real problem with your argument is the logic of it suggests that a flat tax would also be unconstitutional. Because if the tax rate is 10% and I make $10 and you make $100 then you’re paying more. You’d make more and you’d pay more which you are currently defining as not uniform.

So if a flat tax is unconstitutional and a progressive tax in unconstitutional, kinda makes you wonder why they bothered to make taxes constitutional. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re just wrong.
    No
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,643
    edited November 2021

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

How that tax equality working out? Then the rich should be taxed at the same rate as everyone else. No one can find the "tax the wealthy" shit in the constitution as it doesn't exist.
    We didn't have personal income taxes the government was supposed to run on tariffs etc.

Answered!
    No it's not. Uniform is far from progressive. And that's state to state. Show me where the constitution says higher percentage for higher income. I'll wait.
    With a progressive tax everyone is subject to the exact same tax rates. I would pay the same percentage for income over a million that Elon Musk would pay. And he would pay the same percentage on the first $50,000 that I would pay. It is the same, in all cases, the definition of uniform.

The real problem with your argument is the logic of it suggests that a flat tax would also be unconstitutional. Because if the tax rate is 10% and I make $10 and you make $100 then you’re paying more. You’d make more and you’d pay more which you are currently defining as not uniform.

So if a flat tax is unconstitutional and a progressive tax in unconstitutional, kinda makes you wonder why they bothered to make taxes constitutional. If I didn’t know any better, I’d say you’re just wrong.
    Progressive tax is unequal treatment under the law just like what you claim is happening to minorities. You are dumb.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Answered!

Progressive tax is unequal treatment under the law just like what you claim is happening to minorities. You are dumb.
    Right. The unvaccinated are like Jews during the Holocaust and rich people paying taxes make them just like black people.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,167
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Answered!

Right. The unvaccinated are like Jews during the Holocaust and rich people paying taxes make them just like black people.
    No
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

You’re a fucktard. It doesn’t say seize and redistribute wealth. Idiot. The “uniform” part is what makes your favorite wack jobs proposal to tax wealth unconstitutional.

Answered!
    Thanks for proving me right, dumbshit.
    Agree to disagree.
    No,,you’re wrong. And ignorant.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,178
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    hardhat said:

I support a tax on progressives

Death tax
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,643
    TKS doesn't know the constitution. Who'd have thought.................
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,803
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sledog said:

TKS doesn't know the constitution. Who'd have thought.................

He hasn't read it - it's too long for a tweet, especially after you finish typing RACIST a few times to get attention