Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Coaching Search

Comments

• Options
    TheGhost206TheGhost206 Member Posts: 97
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes

Sonics is Cohen looking for more of a recruiter or a coach? I understand that they could hire one that can do both. Any chance a guy like Donte Williams gets a look at HC if not one of the coordinator positions. Id love him as a recruiter personally. And Bob Stoops would excite me, but is he even interested and are we interested?

How about Ed Oregeron? Tom Herman?

Me, along with other people outside the program, have all told Jen, whoever is hired needs to be a relentless recruiter, and there needs to be an emphasis on recruiting with this next hire which she agrees. We are all sick of Oregon kicking our ass in recruiting, and that needs to change, which Jen fully understands.
    Do you have any sense of who the best recruiter is among the names thrown out there not named Stoops, Aranda, Campbell, Napier, and Fickell? (Since we aren't getting any of those). Who has the best recruiting acumen between the likes of Sitake, DeBoer, Brennan, Wilcox, Norvell?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Saved for when Sitake is @haiered

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2021

No former Husky player or coach should ever be considered for head coach at UW. Iron law.

Not an iron law, but certainly true at this point in time as no former Husky is even remotely qualified forv the job (maybe Cort Dennison 5-10 years down the line?). And of course the last one who was would've been a disaster in hindsight.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

No former Husky player or coach should ever be considered for head coach at UW. Iron law.

Not an iron law, but certainly true at this point in time as no former Husky is even remotely qualified forv the job (maybe Cort Dennison 5-10 years down the line?). And of course the last one who was would've been a disaster in hindsight.
    Where does hiring an alum ever work out in a big-time way? At any program? Genuinely curious.

Also, hiring assistants at programs usually backfires. But CFB is defined by backfires, I guess,.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Where does hiring an alum ever work out in a big-time way? At any program? Genuinely curious.

Also, hiring assistants at programs usually backfires. But CFB is defined by backfires, I guess,.
    Uhhh

• Options
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    We are hiring bob stoops hth
  • Options

If you have an alum that has proven success elsewhere and is the best candidate for the job, then sure.

The problem is many schools either use connections to the school as a tiebreaker or, even worse, a qualifier, meaning they end up with an inferior candidate by definition.

Right, I'm not suggesting you go hire an alum. You go hire a great coach. But if that great coach is an alum you don't say "nope, can't hire him".
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

And Phil Fulmer
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    And Urban Meyer.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

All the Stoops hype seems to have fizzled out earlier this week. My guess is he told us no.

I think we'll shoot our shot at Campbell and if he says no we'll move on to Sitake or Deboer.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Personally my top 3
    Stoops
    Herman
    Orgeron

All can recruit

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

All the Stoops hype seems to have fizzled out earlier this week. My guess is he told us no.

I think we'll shoot our shot at Campbell and if he says no we'll move on to Sitake or Deboer.
    Disagree, I think it only feels like it fizzled out because there hasn’t been any actual reliable news trickling out for the last few days. AD is being very tight lipped for now. Just shitty “reporters” with no real info putting out speculative lists
    I want to believe.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Disagree, I think it only feels like it fizzled out because there hasn’t been any actual reliable news trickling out for the last few days. AD is being very tight lipped for now. Just shitty “reporters” with no real info putting out speculative lists

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    It’s Stoops losers
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

It’s Stoops losers

Again:

• Options
    SeadawgSeadawg Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bring me the broomstick of Urban Meyer, make him an offer he'll leave that hellhole he's currently in. Make Tom Herman his OC as he was at Ohio St and control the PAC12.

If you are going to swing for the fences, then swing for the f'in fences.