Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Elise Woodward steps up to challenge as temporary UW football play-by-play announcer

Comments

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,837
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club

Courage

I must say, when I heard she was filling in I figured Castrione had contracted an illness. But to hear that he's on paternity leave is just... I don't know what to say
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Courage

Elise left Eugene to come play hoops for the Lady DWAGS. Respeck.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,986
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don’t think castricone is that great. Big shoes to fill, I get it, but there’s something about his voice I just don’t like.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Courage

I must say, when I heard she was filling in I figured Castrione had contracted an illness. But to hear that he's on paternity leave is just... I don't know what to say
    If it's two weeks paternity leave I don't mind at all. If it's three months he can turn in his resignation
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Courage

How about "Congratulations, Dad!"...?

I'm not getting why anyone would have an issue with a guy not leaving town when his wife is expecting to give birth soon...and I've always been childfree.
    Could you explain?

What's better than making sure you're there welcoming your child into the world?

• Options
    Tripper_JohnsonTripper_Johnson Member Posts: 200

Courage

I'm not getting why anyone would have an issue with a guy not leaving town when his wife is expecting to give birth soon...and I've always been childfree.
    Could you explain?

What's better than making sure you're there welcoming your child into the world?

I was born on a foggy Saturday morning at 10:08 a.m.

At 11:30a.m., my dad kissed my mom goodbye and went to the Husky game.

Washington won 56-7.

I'm just gonna leave that right there.
    So he was there.
  • Options
    Tripper_JohnsonTripper_Johnson Member Posts: 200
    Gladstone said:

Tony was whining to softy about anti Lake fans on Twitter and said they weren’t real dawg fans. I guess I feel slightly bad putting him on blast not knowing he was about to have a kid. He blows though. His voice is a nothingburger and his only merit was being a nice guy and interacting with fans etc. He set that on fire and burned his good will.

Voice cracks like Aaron Goldsmiths. Dislike both.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,466
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Courage

Could you explain?

I was born on a foggy Saturday morning at 10:08 a.m.

At 11:30a.m., my dad kissed my mom goodbye and went to the Husky game.

Washington won 56-7.

I'm just gonna leave that right there.

"Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."

Bill Shankly
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not a fan of Tony. He sounds like he's trying so hard all the time that nothing sounds natural. He's also painfully doogish.

Elise on the other hand is awesome. Last weekend she talked to Gregory before the game and the end of the convo ended with something like "its going to be a fun one but it's sure fun to WIN" right into his face.

Alpha

• Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I can see taking the day of the birth off. If you're a man, don't take "paternity leave," take some form of PTO...
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    LawDawg1 said:

My dad was drinking with his buddies

Old school

Whatever. Free vacation

I’m on paternity leave right now. It’s no free vacation. You can fuck off with that!

And yet I’m still working here and there. Dude should be able to work one day a week.
    I mean I'm pretty sure he has job duties outside of actually calling the game but sure, if he normally shows up for five hours/week and that is it then sure, keep calling the games.