Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Helfrich and the blue collar uniforms

1235»

Comments

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Autzen will be a graveyard again on Nov 1st.

Correct. We will be burying some nerds.

• Options
    Bring your coog flag to gameday.

• Options
    Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Bring your bucket.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Ok, I hate this thread now
  • Options
    OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper

When was Oregon the premier program on the west coast?

Most of the last 10 years.

HTH

• Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    OZONE said:

When was Oregon the premier program on the west coast?

Most of the last 10 years.

HTH

North of Sacramento, no doubt.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Many people think Stanford will take a step back every year. They're one of, if not the best schools in the country academically, and can (uniquely for such a school) recruit wherever the fuck they want. Now they have a reputation as a consistent winner. They're bringing back their qb and Montgomery this year, and it appears shaw is going to utilize smaller, but more agile backs in misdirection while still claiming that they have good enough lineman to continue the power running game as a staple. How about you Quooks prove you can beat this team once again, and bounce back from an absolute ball-stomping from last year? They have a better coach as well, no fucking question about that.

No Murphy (the Yeti), Skov, Gardner, Gaffney, etc. They will take a step back. And I'm sure Oregon will take advantage of that to step over them.
    They're reloading with better, more traditional football players (than what Oregon recruits). You know, the big kind that let a running back like Barry Sanders or even a veteran QB gash your pussy quook defense. Good line prospects come at a premium and Stanford has been one of the few teams on the West Coast with a healthy supply. Montgomery will cancel out With Ekpre, and the card is reloading with talent like the number 1 tight end recruit in the country from last year.

My point is that they reload with top talent and have a much better coach. My guess is their defense takes a small step down but their offense takes a big step up. Also, they know they own your feathered clits lately.
    I like to call Stanford; "the card." I like to do that.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Anyone who blames the ref is the ultimate Quook, but jesus christ this Coug living vicariously through another team because his own squad sucks is pathetic.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Anyone who blames the ref is the ultimate Quook, but jesus christ this Coug living vicariously through another team because his own squad sucks is pathetic.

Sounds like Duck fans with USC around 04-06ish. Thems were dark days.
  • Options
    Cuogar_GoldCuogar_Gold Member Posts: 360
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

I've said that UO-Wazzu will be a great trap game. hth

So by your logic, in 1-3 seasons will you not be watching college football altogether?
  • Options
    When Oregon does eventually suck again, I'll have the good sense to realize that they suck and keep my mouth shut. I actually think the game @wsu is a trap game this year too, shocked vegas has the line at Oregon -22
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

When Oregon does eventually suck again, I'll have the good sense to realize that they suck and keep my mouth shut. I actually think the game @wsu is a trap game this year too, shocked vegas has the line at Oregon -22

WTF is trap about it? It'll be the same old air raid shit. Nothing new.
  • Options
    Trap game as in it's a game I'm pretty sure our players really dgaf about and a game that Wazzu has had circled since last year.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    ntxduck said:

Trap game as in it's a game I'm pretty sure our players really dgaf about and a game that Wazzu has had circled since last year.

The ass reaming they got in AZ last year should have woke them up. Hopefully their shitty attitudes have changed. If not, then they deserve to lose. It would be nice if Helfrich could be taken seriously. He doesn't carry himself like someone who is in control of things.
  • Options

ntxduck said:

The ass reaming they got in AZ last year should have woke them up. Hopefully their shitty attitudes have changed. If not, then they deserve to lose. It would be nice if Helfrich could be taken seriously. He doesn't carry himself like someone who is in control of things.
    This ranges back to HoF Mike, but when the team was shit in 2004 they won 10 games in 2005. When they folded up the tents at the end of September in 2006 they were the best team in the country in 2007 until they just lost way too many key players to even be competitive.

In 2009 they were punched in the mouth and turned it into a Rose Bowl trip. I hope Slingblade has them dialed in to the level @IrishDawg22‌ has this place dialed in for this season. They have Sparty and UA early on so we'll know if we need to start our own half brain website by October. Which is nice.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

ntxduck said:

This ranges back to HoF Mike, but when the team was shit in 2004 they won 10 games in 2005. When they folded up the tents at the end of September in 2006 they were the best team in the country in 2007 until they just lost way too many key players to even be competitive.

In 2009 they were punched in the mouth and turned it into a Rose Bowl trip. I hope Slingblade has them dialed in to the level @IrishDawg22‌ has this place dialed in for this season. They have Sparty and UA early on so we'll know if we need to start our own half brain website by October. Which is nice.
    I believe we will absolutely murder Arizona at Autzen. The target of revenge is painted all over them. There is a 100% chance Oregon won't lose that game. MSU makes me uncomfortable. Taking on a team that beat Ohio State and Stanford back to back won't be easy.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    ntxduck said:

he's not a coug