Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

DeBoer

Interview with DeBoer upon his arrival at Fresno St.

Describe your strengths as a coach. What differentiates you from other coaches out there?

“I just keep working. I keep plugging away. I believe in my abilities, but in not being cocky with it. I feel who I should have around me, and be surrounded by great people, and let them work. Help enable them to be able to get what they need to do their jobs really well. Keep the attitude, keep the atmosphere positive, but also have great expectations. I think those are a lot of the strengths that I have. There’s nothing better than bringing a group of people together and have them all going in the same direction.”

DeBoer is no Jimmy.

Comments

• Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Would love this guy as our next coach if we can’t get stoops.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    "Lose to Hawaii"
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m all for a coach that can be called da-boner.
  • Options
    If we get him maybe Heaner will portal back.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    I like watching his offense. Outside of his overall record, I've seen guys wide open all the time. Plenty of horizontal and vertical stuff going on.
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

If we get him maybe Heaner will portal back.

Will need Jones to portal back too
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2021
    His staff is good. His OC is well thought of (I think Tedford originally hired him as his WR coach) and Kirby Moore and JD Williams have Chinteresting ties to UW.

https://gobulldogs.com/sports/football/coaches
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Those quotes don't mean anything to me. Coachspeak is coachspeak. I do like that his career record as a HC is 77-9, and that he won 3 national titles at the lower level. They were a very good program before him but they never broke through once they were upgraded to the Great Plains Athletic Conference, the previous HC only made a 'ship game once and lost. DeBoer took over and won three national championships in four years, with the off fourth year a loss in the national championship game. If we're talking potential Husky HCs, that's a fucking start. As an OC he improved every D1 offense he worked with, oftentimes dramatically improved them. Indiana in 2019 was destroying people on O, and they sucked before DeBoer arrived and sucked after, so yeah.

He would be near the top of my list, yes. Getting assblasted by Boise last week and losing at worthless Hawaii (as PGOS noted) takes some of the shine off it though. This shit is almost always a crapshoot unless you're hiring someone like Urban fucking Meyer.

67-3 at the NAIA level is still 67-3 though, good lord. That level of dominance down there is very Brian Kelly or Jim Tressel-esque.

This post actually convinced me we should hire this guy. The Indiana point is a really strong one.
    This

@Gladstone brings the heat

And @HFNY has been on this
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Those quotes don't mean anything to me. Coachspeak is coachspeak. I do like that his career record as a HC is 77-9, and that he won 3 national titles at the lower level. They were a very good program before him but they never broke through once they were upgraded to the Great Plains Athletic Conference, the previous HC only made a 'ship game once and lost. DeBoer took over and won three national championships in four years, with the off fourth year a loss in the national championship game. If we're talking potential Husky HCs, that's a fucking start. As an OC he improved every D1 offense he worked with, oftentimes dramatically improved them. Indiana in 2019 was destroying people on O, and they sucked before DeBoer arrived and sucked after, so yeah.

He would be near the top of my list, yes. Getting assblasted by Boise last week and losing at worthless Hawaii (as PGOS noted) takes some of the shine off it though. This shit is almost always a crapshoot unless you're hiring someone like Urban fucking Meyer.

67-3 at the NAIA level is still 67-3 though, good lord. That level of dominance down there is very Brian Kelly or Jim Tressel-esque.

This post actually convinced me we should hire this guy. The Indiana point is a really strong one.
    I'm pretty damn sold. He checks all of my boxes and a couple of extras.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Can he bring Haener with him?