Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I went to the game and this is what I observed

Comments

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

thechatch said:

The decision to punt was 100% to say “we kept it kinda close at least”.

Pure cowardice

It was also ego... "I'd rather lose 24-16 than 31-16"
    Yeah and how the fuck do you explain that to your lockeroom?
  • Options
    PuffyLittleGinagePuffyLittleGinage Member Posts: 87
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    thechatch said:

thechatch said:

Pure cowardice

Yeah and how the fuck do you explain that to your lockeroom?
    No need to explain anything. The players have known for a long time that Jimmy has a puffy little ginage between his supple thighs.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,573
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

thechatch said:

Pure cowardice

Absolutely. Lake wanted to go into his weekly sit down or phone call with Cohen and reiterate how close they are to winning bigly. Don't pay attention to the game flow, or the stats, or the empty seats, they were close.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Peterman probably loses this game and Michigan and I would be just as pissed but
    Goduckies said:

wobidbus said:

1. It rained.
    2. Oregon clearly gives a shit about this rivalry and it is a rivalry even though I don't understand why they would think that.
    3. The crowd that was there wanted this game badly. The lunatic fringe are the people buying tickets and not selling them to Ducks, Jen, you dipshit.
    4. I counted two Go Huskies chants, my dad(s) thought there might have been a third that didn't take off.
    5. After the fucking decision to punt on 4th and 10 I looked at an organization that cares about winning and another that doesn't and I felt bad for the players that committed to UW with the goal of playing for PAC-12 championships and beyond and instead they are a part of a rudderless outfit that has no leadership and is wasting their talents. Fuck this AD.

Yeah was surprised to hear so few chants... even by us.
    I sat behind two ducks (fuck my seat neighbors who sold them those tickets) and they weren't ready to relax until the punt-safety fiasco. Nice guys from outside the US who had never been to a football game before.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Race Porter is your best player. With Bobby Williams’ special teams unit out there in a monsoon, it wasn’t the worst decision
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't know the time stamp, pretty certain there was more time, but I remember Pete opted to punt late in the Rose Bowl and I was beyond furious, but it somehow worked out with us getting it back, scoring and attempting an onside.

Have a feeling Jimmy was channeling that memory, but as someone pointed out, we would have had 20 seconds maybe.

Would have to look back at the time when Pete made that decision.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Found the sequence. Had more time and we were still down 2 scores. Not quite apples to apples

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Found the sequence. Had more time and we were still down 2 scores. Not quite apples to apples

Clean it up out here, Doogles.
  • Options
    wobidbuswobidbus Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 308
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

4 min and 2 min are pretty different situations and Ohio State was reeling somewhat in the second half vs this past Saturday when it was obvious that whether they needed 5 yards or 50 Oregon was going get theirs on the ground.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,214
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021
    Doogles said:

I don't know the time stamp, pretty certain there was more time, but I remember Pete opted to punt late in the Rose Bowl and I was beyond furious, but it somehow worked out with us getting it back, scoring and attempting an onside.

Have a feeling Jimmy was channeling that memory, but as someone pointed out, we would have had 20 seconds maybe.

We punted with 2 minutes and 2 timeouts. Would have had a little over a minute if we stopped them, which we wouldn't have. Clown move bro. And then Cade and Jalen dropping chunk yardage plays right before that. Never forget. I think that sequence needs a proper, capitalized nickname. Never forget.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,094
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

wobidbus said:

There are a lot of likeable players on this team but the staff is failing them no doubt,

Halfway competent coaching this year with this soft schedule in this soft conference goes 10-2 and plays Utah for the title.

solid comeback
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think you guys aren't understanding I agree punting was a terrible decision.

Just trying to find where Smartest guy in the room Jimmy got the idea.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Doogles said:

We punted with 2 minutes and 2 timeouts. Would have had a little over a minute if we stopped them, which we wouldn't have. Clown move bro. And then Cade and Jalen dropping chunk yardage plays right before that. Never forget. I think that sequence needs a proper, capitalized nickname. Never forget.
    Cade would’ve caught the ball 5 yards past the line of scrimmage and McMillan was at the line of scrimmage. Those aren’t really chunk play opportunities.
    Something has gone terribly wrong with Otton. He looks slow, off balance and awkward a lot.

Is it Long Covid, perhaps?
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Otton needs to swallow his tough guy pride and wear the fucking state of the art sticky space gloves.

Also he has looked really slow for a <250 lb guy.