Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon gonna kick the snot out of the dawgs

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I really can't see any scenario where UW wins unless the whole Oregon team contracts covid tonight. No amount of dooging can get me to think UW can pull off the upset.
  • Options
    EastCoastDoogEastCoastDoog Member Posts: 98
    They have an alpha dog mentality when they play us. We’ll shit the bed then roll over and let them walk all over us late. 14-10 UW at halftime turns into a 31-21 Oregon win
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,235
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

They have an alpha dog mentality when they play us. We’ll shit the bed then roll over and let them walk all over us late. 14-10 UW at halftime turns into a 31-21 Oregon win

That's why I like the shit talk and swagger

Can't hurt. The last two games against Oregon followed your scenario

I have often said that Oregon didn't suck long enough to lose their expectation of winning games. UW did

• Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,648
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    either way it will be interesting.

I really can't see any scenario where UW wins unless the whole Oregon team contracts covid tonight. No amount of dooging can get me to think UW can pull off the upset.

This is what everyone said last week
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

This is what everyone said last week
    Not really. Stanford has the worse rush offense and rush defense in the league so they weren't able to capitalize on our weaknesses. Oregon has the 2nd best rush offense and 3rd best rush defense. They will run all over us on offense while stuffing our HB dives for no gain. DMo will be shitting his pants on third and long all night. The only shot we have is if DMo has the game of his life but I have a hard time believing that will happen in a rainstorm.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One thing I have noticed is the UW likes to score very few points at least in one half of each game. How many times has JD's offense been shut out for 1/2 of a game? 12?
    So if we don't score in the first half and keep the ducks below 14 we have a chance to come roaring back in the second half and take the lead early 4th Q 14-10, then falling apart and losing 31-14. pushing the dicks, I mean ducks to number 3 in the BCS rankings

JonDon's offense is only able to score in 1 of 4 quarters setting new lows for the hopes of dwags everywhere.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,767
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

One thing I have noticed is the UW likes to score very few points at least in one half of each game. How many times has JD's offense been shut out for 1/2 of a game? 12?
    So if we don't score in the first half and keep the ducks below 14 we have a chance to come roaring back in the second half and take the lead early 4th Q 14-10, then falling apart and losing 31-14. pushing the dicks, I mean ducks to number 3 in the BCS rankings

JonDon's offense is only able to score in 1 of 4 quarters setting new lows for the hopes of dwags everywhere.

I went through every game under Lake/JonDon. In 8 of 12 games, the Washington offense has gone an entire half of football without scoring a touchdown. Two of those games that they did score in both halves were against Arizona and Arkansas State, among the worse defenses in FBS. This is fucking atrocious for modern college football.

Oregon State - No TDs in second half
    Arizona - TDs in both halves
    Utah - No TDs in first half
    Stanford - No TDs in first half

Montana - No TDs in second half
    Michigan - No TDs in first half

Ark State - TDs in both halves
    Cal - No TD in second half (scored TD in OT)
    Oregon State - TDs in both halves
    UCLA - TDs in both halves
    Arizona - No TDs in first half

This is nuts
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,728
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    LebamDawg said:

Its usually because they come out of the gate trying to "establish" the run and just waste downs and possessions. Then the offense starts to click when things get urgent.

If they treated every possession as precious I think they would look a lot better.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,728
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

LebamDawg said:

I went through every game under Lake/JonDon. In 8 of 12 games, the Washington offense has gone an entire half of football without scoring a touchdown. Two of those games that they did score in both halves were against Arizona and Arkansas State, among the worse defenses in FBS. This is fucking atrocious for modern college football.

I'd like to do an analysis of the offense in situation normal vs. urgent. What would be fair parameters:

Early/Regular: First half other than final 2:00?
    Urgent: Final drive of first half/any 2nd half possession when trailing or up 10 or fewer points?
    Other: 2nd half of blowouts?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,740
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I have often said that Oregon didn't suck long enough to lose their expectation of winning games. UW did

They definitely had the loser mentality/underdog expectation in 2017 and 2018 from listening to Portland radio. In 2017, they wouldn't play Herbert because they couldn't stomach losing in Seattle with him in the game.

Mario spewed his bullshit, got lucky in 2018, and then rode a burnt out Pete to make the bullshit come true.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    haie said:

They definitely had the loser mentality/underdog expectation in 2017 and 2018 from listening to Portland radio. In 2017, they wouldn't play Herbert because they couldn't stomach losing in Seattle with him in the game.

Mario spewed his bullshit, got lucky in 2018, and then rode a burnt out Pete to make the bullshit come true.
    Dooganon
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,691
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

In games where they come out and use aggressive run plays (like fly sweeps but any kind of counter action where the runner can bounce it works) and plays designed to free up the TE they start well. The crash comes when Donovan over commits to the inside runs on first and second, then tries to surprise the defense with a single read, shot play or a deep drop, 3-4 read play where Morris shits himself and/or gets sacked.

It's really a couple of offensive possessions per game where Donovan puts the stadium to sleep, the defense buckles for a series or two, and before you know it the other team has possessed the ball for an entire quarter. It happens every game.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,094
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

This shit jon Don offense can barely score 20 pts a game with talented receivers, an all american TE with a supposed talented o-line. You can only ask Bruener and Hampton to do so much defensively to hold the opposing offense.

There is not one angle of the UW offense that threatens the Oregon defense.....absolutely nothing. Running a 1960 offense with fullback dives is likely eliciting chuckles in the Oregon film room.

Flip the script Johnny shit ball don. Roll out Huard and an air raid offense. it's your only hope. Huard is five star and has played a lot of football. The current offense is putrid with zero creativity. Unfortunately, Don Don is absolutely clueless. He put together his best three play calls to beat the furd. Shaw made some absurd decisions to give UW the opportunity to win the game. Yahooooo.

Getting back to the All-American TE, does even play for the team anymore? They don't even attempt to get McGrew in space by throwing him the ball. I am so tired of watching wasted talent because of an inept staff.

Kayvon is hyped for this game while Jimmy talks about educational prowess. WTF? What an utter disaster of a staff.

5 paragraphs should’ve turned into 5 reasons. Missed opportunity.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,094
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sancho said:

Jesus titty fucking christ you all sound like pussy ass melenials. 0reregone has looked like a quality team precisely once this year.

Maybe they win maybe they don't that doesn't mean you have to sound like a mingey cunt about it. Grow a pair show up and have the players back should be enough to show up.

I've been driving 8 hrs both ways to make these games you Seattle freeze twats can make the bus ride .

Dirty sancho is best sancho
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

LebamDawg said:

JFC. Can someone send this to Jen?
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    edited November 2021
    no_uh said:

LebamDawg said:

JFC. Can someone send this to Jen?

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    edited November 2021
    Anybody have injury news? I have a feeling there will be something.