Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Hardcore Husky Podcast: Wiping the Smirk off David Shaw's Face

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,171
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
It was another ugly game, but Washington beat Stanford in the final minute to end a 14-year draught in Palo Alto. Derek, JoeEDangerously and WoolleyDoog talk about the emergence of Carson Bruener, the mysterious disappearance of Kamari Pleasant and how JoeEDangerously has put Jimmy Lake on probation. Also, a look ahead to this week's Oregon showdown on ABC. Shout outs this week go to Jimmy Cornell and Chest.

https://anchor.fm/hardcorehusky/episodes/Wiping-the-Smirk-off-David-Shaws-Face-e19j080

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

So I have to weight for Swane’s Whighwarm.

The anticipation is delicious.

And release.... aaahhhh. My bluetooth stay charged just long enough. I don't know how to transliterate the second one, which is more adorable than the first.

Good pod, pods.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought Morris had air mailed the win ing TD too.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You had me at "Fuck you, Dick Fain".

That was quite a ways in. I need to do better
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,876
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Enjoyed Joe's rant against Doog Fain and our idiotic polly anna fan base

Agree Softy is starting to get it. I think Millen always got it but just shut up about certain things because of obvious reasons.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
  • Options
    Founders Club

You had me at "Fuck you, Dick Fain".

That was quite a ways in. I need to do better
    You should do that on every podcast moving forward... multiple tims on each pod.
    I had more in me but felt like I was hogging all the time we had. It’s been burning inside me for quite some time
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

"They'll march up to Seattle like the Germans did in France high on pervitin like its the most important thing they've ever had"

That's art.

We? need to be the red army and not be the French though
  • Options
    ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    1. I 100% agree I can't hate Oregon because they care it does not make sense. They take football seriously and are actively trying to win in all sports not only football look at their men and women football teams. In Eugene the Jimmy Lake experience would already be ready unplugged if you combine the recruiting. Additionally, after going to Michigan i'm more interested in attending games with serious fan bases. I am prepared to attend the UT v. Georgia game next week
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,171
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    ATLDawg said:

1. I 100% agree I can't hate Oregon because they care it does not make sense. They take football seriously and are actively trying to win in all sports not only football look at their men and women football teams. In Eugene the Jimmy Lake experience would already be ready unplugged if you combine the recruiting. Additionally, after going to Michigan i'm more interested in attending games with serious fan bases. I am prepared to attend the UT v. Georgia game next week

If you don't mind, snap a few pics of your experience at UT-Georgia and post them in a thread here, a la "Travels with Mabel" starring @LebamDawg
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,013
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

It was another ugly game, but Washington beat Stanford in the final minute to end a 14-year draught in Palo Alto. Derek, JoeEDangerously and WoolleyDoog talk about the emergence of Carson Bruener, the mysterious disappearance of Kamari Pleasant and how JoeEDangerously has put Jimmy Lake on probation. Also, a look ahead to this week's Oregon showdown on ABC. Shout outs this week go to Jimmy Cornell and Chest.

https://anchor.fm/hardcorehusky/episodes/Wiping-the-Smirk-off-David-Shaws-Face-e19j080

I listened to much of it. There was a section where somebody said Oregon's Athletic Department had influenced the Pac12's scheduling of the 2018 season which is how they got a bye week before playing us and how UW ended up with back to back road games ending in Eugene.

How much evidence is there that this really happened?

I seem to recall Pete was pretty salty about some of those scheduling issues and reading between the lines I think he was suggesting our AD should be doing more to prevent the shit.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I listened to much of it. There was a section where somebody said Oregon's Athletic Department had influenced the Pac12's scheduling of the 2018 season which is how they got a bye week before playing us and how UW ended up with back to back road games ending in Eugene.

How much evidence is there that this really happened?

I seem to recall Pete was pretty salty about some of those scheduling issues and reading between the lines I think he was suggesting our AD should be doing more to prevent the shit.
    He was saying he’ll go to his grave thinking that. No evidence other than the structure of the schedule seems to favor Oregon every year
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,975
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ATLDawg said:

Really? Fucking Keith Taylor make love not war mutha fucka.

We? will get our shit pushed in today BUT my hatred for them will never cease.

If anything, I’m envious… I want nice things, maybe a win or two, maybe a few recruiting wins.

I hate because they have what I want. I’m a jaded bitch.

#fuckwhoregon