Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kawasaki

Comments

• Options
    Geevis_and_ButtheadGeevis_and_Butthead Member Posts: 987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Looks like it was actually Pete’s defense. Lake and Kawasaki suck without him.

And Petersen's shitty offense protected the defense

Sark always kills his defense even at Bama

Love it
    Not sure I understand. How does shit offense protect the defense?
    Score fast, 3 and out fast, put your defense back out on the field as quickly as you can. Pair that with Kwats bend but don’t break, 12 play 65 yard, hold em’ to a FG drives and you get a gassed defense ripe for second half collapses.
    Exactly, which explains why Jimmy Ty Gilbertson brought in John Donovan to (theoretically) run the ball and milk the clock so his defense is stressed as little as possib;e

Just what to expect from defensive coordinator/first-time head coach either oblivious or in denial about where College Football is right now.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Looks like it was actually Pete’s defense. Lake and Kawasaki suck without him.

And Petersen's shitty offense protected the defense

Sark always kills his defense even at Bama

Love it
    Not sure I understand. How does shit offense protect the defense?
    Score fast, 3 and out fast, put your defense back out on the field as quickly as you can. Pair that with Kwats bend but don’t break, 12 play 65 yard, hold em’ to a FG drives and you get a gassed defense ripe for second half collapses.
    Exactly, which explains why Jimmy Ty Gilbertson brought in John Donovan to (theoretically) run the ball and milk the clock so his defense is stressed as little as possib;e

Just what to expect from defensive coordinator/first-time head coach either oblivious or in denial about where College Football is right now.
    Just win baby and the ends justifies the means.

I like what Georgia has been doing this year by playing lights-out defense. They are currently hammering Auburn 34-10 and totally shutting down the run.

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,503
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The K/Lake scheme of how they play defense has had the book exposed

Run the ball down their throats until they adjust … can do it via both the spread and by running power

The scheme works great when you have ELITE DL play comparatively to your opponent … but when you don’t you get gashed

I’m sure some of this is needing more time to get players but it’s not a great look …

Also, don’t underestimate how important pace is to substantiating BS stats like 35 points or less … Jimmy’s living on that stat right now but most games you’re looking at 8-10 possessions in the game max

I was first and right.

You and other doogs sucked off K as he left.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Run the ball down their throats until they adjust … can do it via both the spread and by running power

The scheme works great when you have ELITE DL play comparatively to your opponent … but when you don’t you get gashed

I’m sure some of this is needing more time to get players but it’s not a great look …

Also, don’t underestimate how important pace is to substantiating BS stats like 35 points or less … Jimmy’s living on that stat right now but most games you’re looking at 8-10 possessions in the game max

I was first and right.

You didn't talk shit about K until he was gone. Because you're an insufferable doog.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756

haie said:

Tequilla said:

I was first and right.

You didn't talk shit about K until he was gone. Because you're an insufferable doog.
    I will admit I thought Kwat was an excellent DC except against Stanford when it was obvious he was too stubborn in his ways despite the offense being shown. Now it’s commonplace and like Chip Kelly it is over.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,908
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

jecornel said:

Welcome to big time college football. You are getting gutted. At least you got paid.

Sark might fall off the wagon.

You give him too much credit that he was on it to begin with
    FWIW, Sark looks really healthy these days. A few years ago he seemed destined for a David Crosby kind of look
    Mrs Nacho asked if I thought Sark really had a drinking problem and went through rehab and I said yes based on him looking fairly healthy.

#greatmindsthinkalike
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Kwat left for the money. Long term he probably makes more here because Sark will can his ass to save his own if he has too and he will

Whatever. The solution for UW lies forward not backwards

Not sure he makes more here. Anyway his contract is guaranteed
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FireCohen said:

Kwat left for the money. Long term he probably makes more here because Sark will can his ass to save his own if he has too and he will

Whatever. The solution for UW lies forward not backwards

Not sure he makes more here. Anyway his contract is guaranteed
    He is old and probably wouldn’t mind retiring if this fails.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

Tequilla said:

I was first and right.

Nope. Dumb shits like you kept pumping up K in 2018 and talking about how the defense was worse under Jimmy while it 1) actually held Stanford off 2) won a conference championship getting 3 fucking points from Pete.

Then when we turned over our personnel in 2019 it got louder, even though our offense was even worse. At least 2018 could run the ball and eat clock from time to time.

2020 K is back and it sucks, then he leaves while talking shit and sucks at Texas with more talent.

Not hard to understand. At all.

But like fatters ntx and the rest you're going to start crying and calling people doogs now, because you've got nothing else.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maybe he needs a little tim to get personel on board and lined out. Id not write him off half way thru season 1. (Kwat not Jimmy)
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    Swaye's Wigwam

Maybe he needs a little tim to get personel on board and lined out. Id not write him off half way thru season 1. (Kwat not Jimmy)

Sark teams don’t play good defense. Simple fact. It doesn't matter who he hires.

Kwat didn't make a bad move though. UW is a sinking ship and it was probably pretty plain to see from the inside.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yeah I think I'd trade rosters straight up with Texas right now. Its not a talent issue there. Never is quite honestly.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021
    Tequilla said:

chuck said:

Sark teams don’t play good defense. Simple fact. It doesn't matter who he hires.

Kwat didn't make a bad move though. UW is a sinking ship and it was probably pretty plain to see from the inside.
    K wouldn’t have left UW if everything was moving smoothly here

Regardless of the mechanics of how … reality is Jimmy didn’t give K a choice in staying
    So? That doesn't mean that K was going to make a difference. Which is what doogs like you and Sonics kept saying when he left.

We have a bad staff. No denying that. 2nd worst minimum in a conference of bad staffs.

Like you copied from me, our scheme is stale now that every Pac team except USC wants to run the ball.

We need a complete reset, but Jimmy has convinced the AD that he just needs different coordinators even though he picked the current ones.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,524
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

chuck said:

K wouldn’t have left UW if everything was moving smoothly here

Regardless of the mechanics of how … reality is Jimmy didn’t give K a choice in staying
    So? That doesn't mean that K was going to make a difference. Which is what doogs like you and Sonics kept saying when he left.

We have a bad staff. No denying that. 2nd worst minimum in a conference of bad staffs.

Like you copied from me, our scheme is stale now that every Pac team except USC wants to run the ball.

We need a complete reset, but Jimmy has convinced the AD that he just needs different coordinators even though he picked the current ones.

Are you speculating that Jimmy convinced Cohen that he just needs different coordinators or is that what you have heard / know?

And I would guess that Kwat and Lake had a falling out. Kwat tolerated Lake's self-promotion under CP but probably couldn't stand working under him. Why not double your salary and not have to work as hard at recruiting?