Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What can We?/I do?

dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
We all know Jimmy and Co are not the answer. I will not attend a game this season, didn't watch the OS loss. I don't want to completely walk away from my UW fandumb, been doing it since the late 80's. How can I/We effect change besides beating a dead horse via social media, etc...? Does anyone have an email address to the school prez? I feel like my bitching is starting to fall on deaf ears and I need a new audience, like every fuckin higher up in charge of decision making at UW.

Comments

• Options
    Gave up season tickets in '05, I still have friends that like to go watch football and now....drink a cold beer on Saturday. I've been preaching abstinence for awhile
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Cancel your season tickets and stop buying UW merchandise. I'd go as far as not watching games on TV either.

Money talks.

Short-term sacrifice for long-term gain.

Is 30 years still short term?

I actually only bailed on Tyee after 2007 but still I have been at war since 92

Nothing we do matters. Its why I have no enthusiasm for yet another coach search with the same shit heels in charge

The shit heels even change over the years but they remain the same

UW has the program they want.
    I know where you're coming from and a short-term sacrifice would be effective if thousands of season ticket holders cancelled en masse within the next few months. Of course, there's always the "better seats for me" crowd. How many Marinerized Doogs are out there to fund this mediocrity (at best)?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    You keep encouraging those that have access to ask the tough questions to do so and support them in their endeavors

You make a point through your presence … not going to games this year and/or selling your tickets to opposing fans speaks volumes as to what the future looks like … this year’s $$$ is a sunk cost anyway
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    Founders Club
    HFNY said:

Cram the VMs and inbox:

https://washington.edu/president/

They don't give a flying fuck what we think. After all, we are half-brains with keyboards.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    The only thing worse than failing is not trying at all!
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 773
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Cancel your season tickets and stop buying UW merchandise. I'd go as far as not watching games on TV either.

Money talks.

I don't disagree with halting spending. The problem is that no fan money will be construed as the new normal. And it will be missed by Jen and co that there is a massive potential for fan money if they ever consistently prioritize winning and put out a winning product.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Money talks.

I don't disagree with halting spending. The problem is that no fan money will be construed as the new normal. And it will be missed by Jen and co that there is a massive potential for fan money if they ever consistently prioritize winning and put out a winning product.
    They need the money, unless they are willing to start cancelling their non-revenue sports.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 773
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Money talks.

They need the money, unless they are willing to start cancelling their non-revenue sports.
    I think you are into something when you talk about everybody suddenly canceling en masse. Otherwise Jen will be able to rationalize to herself that athletics just don't generate the money that they used to. She is so full of shit with her greatest setting - it never seems to occur to her that there is a bigger prize to be had.
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,103
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

I'm not renewing my season tickets as a starter.

Come hop on the Chargers bandwagon with Yella. We've got a big dick winning Duck QB and are going to the Super Bowl.

fucking blows my mind how we didn't win 2-3 Nattys with him
  • Options
    DucksFC said:

I'm not renewing my season tickets as a starter.

Come hop on the Chargers bandwagon with Yella. We've got a big dick winning Duck QB and are going to the Super Bowl.

fucking blows my mind how we didn't win 2-3 Nattys with him
    Blows my mind you guys haven't won shit. NoNatty.gif
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Jen's basic priority seems to be to tread water. She doesn't seem to have any idea how to engineer upside or growth. There is no way a serious person could look at the current situation and see upside.

She’s a maintainer … when things actually need to be done she’s lost