Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What can We?/I do?

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,939
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Quick fix:
    Knife, wrist, cut, left to right

FB live.
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,479
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2021
    Just start following other local teams like Central. PLU is a crappy team now with new coach, bad hire. Linfield is the best small college around, Central best midsize along with Eastern. It's more fun to go to these games. There is not much advertising. The games are a lot faster. The talent is pretty good. After Coach Willingham I really didn't care who won Huskie games, or really care much who won any game.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2021
    dannarc said:

We all know Jimmy and Co are not the answer. I will not attend a game this season, didn't watch the OS loss. I don't want to completely walk away from my UW fandumb, been doing it since the late 80's. How can I/We effect change besides beating a dead horse via social media, etc...? Does anyone have an email address to the school prez? I feel like my bitching is starting to fall on deaf ears and I need a new audience, like every fuckin higher up in charge of decision making at UW.

I came to the same conclusion with Slick back in 2001 after that embarrassing Texas bowl game loss in which coaching incompetence cost us the game, and our defense was becoming really soft.

And Slick was way better than Lake and had a solid season and RB win in 2000.

Anyway, 2001 was the last year I had season tickets.

I took up new hobbies and interests and was lucky to have basically checked out of Husky Football during the Gilby and Ty years.

I started paying attention again when they hired Sark, and started going to games again when they hired Petersen (friends had season tickets).

But I'm about to check out again.

• Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My email to the pres will be of that nature. Ready to check out based on these 5 reasons
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021

dannarc said:

My email to the pres will be of that nature. Ready to check out based on these 5 reasons

Is one of the reasons speed, speed, speed?
    YES!!! The speed of the collapse of the program under Lake, The spped with which Cohen annointed Jimmy without a proper coach search, the speed wih which opposing running backs hit the hole against our porous run defense.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,097
    Founders Club
    whlinder said:

Bake a cake and deliver it to Jim Mora Art Briles

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

hardhat said:

Sweats not crusty enough.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AOG said:

Just start following other local teams like Central. PLU is a crappy team now with new coach, bad hire. Linfield is the best small college around, Central best midsize along with Eastern. It's more fun to go to these games. There is not much advertising. The games are a lot faster. The talent is pretty good. After Coach Willingham I really didn't care who won Huskie games, or really care much who won any game.

Imagine being this big of a fucktard.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

hardhat said:

Sweats not crusty enough.
    It takes a minute
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,527
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2021

Quick fix:
    Knife, wrist, cut, left to right

FB live.

Down the tracks works better.

Damn @Ice_Holmvik and his 36+ hours.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    whlinder said:

Bake a cake and deliver it to Jim Mora

How different would the timeline be if they had just brought a pie like they were supposed to.

cakes are for pre teen birthday and shitty weddings.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,269
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2021
    HFNY said:

Cram the VMs and inbox:

https://washington.edu/president/

I sent one off today, encourage many of you to do the same.

• Options
    godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,409
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

doogville said:

It sounds stupid, but emails actually do matter. ADs, even Presidents, are not as insulated as people think.

People also don't think Cauce is a football fan, which is wrong. She just - imo - doesn't know what to do. So it's important to reach her, as well as the AD, to balance out what she is hearing from Cohen ("we're fixing it. it's hard. we need more time"). Reach out far and wide.

president@uw.edu; cauce@uw.edu

huskyad@uw.edu; jcohen@uw.edu; jbuti@uw.edu.

100%. It can and will make a difference. I know it's easy to throw the white flag up and be cynical/do nothing, but everyone reading this thread (you too, lurkers) needs to be writing respectful-but-urgent emails to those aliases. Emphasize your love and enthusiasm for the program, and that it is because of this passion that you cannot in good conscience contribute monetarily to anything AD-related until Lake Jen is gone.

How would a AD let alone the President of the University even begin to get through all the e-mails they must get everyday from people writing about everything under the sun?

If people have wrote and gotten a response back is it a form reply, or does it address your specific talking points?