Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to Jen Cohen

SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Founders Club
Enjoy your empty stadium. NOGAF anymore.

Comments

• Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't know what the crossover is between NHL and football fans, but having another franchise in town this fall to occupy people's time makes the timing of this implosion even worse.

Edit: Worse if you're UW. Kraken games are a great new option for the consumer.

I kind of feel like the kraken fans will be more of the Hawks crowd no?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,514
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There isn't much crossover.

Hockey fans, especially NHL resent the lack of coverage they get in cities that aren't Chicago, NYC, Buffalo..

Hockey is its own culture entirely.

Seattle got a team because it's a diverse city with a ton of Canadians, who will at least go watch their own teams visit. California transplants have 3 teams even.

And if the Kraken aren't competitive within a couple years it could still get ugly for them.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Hockey fans, especially NHL resent the lack of coverage they get in cities that aren't Chicago, NYC, Buffalo..

Seattle got a team because it's a diverse city with a ton of Canadians, who will at least go watch their own teams visit. California transplants have 3 teams even.

And if the Kraken aren't competitive within a couple years it could still get ugly for them.

You have a WHL team that gets very solid support. I do remember beating up on a team from Kent at a tournament in Midget (15-17 year olds) so there must be some decent grass roots hockey around Seattle.
  • Options
    MontlakeBridgeTrollMontlakeBridgeTroll Member Posts: 920
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Enjoy your empty stadium. NOGAF anymore.

I haven't studied this kind of meter before so I'm trying to work out the scale.

But it appears that maximum give-a-fuck is reached with just 3 people?
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    haie said:

Don't forget the readymade rivalry with Vancouver
  • Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012

I posted this in the Jalen McMillan thread, but thought I should drop it here. I know Jen reads the boards and didn't want her to miss this.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/03/pac-12-hot-seat-watch-jimmy-lake-in-flames-after-brutal-loss-to-oregon-state/

"...but maybe Washington AD Jen Cohen is willing to accept mediocrity."

There's no "maybe" about it.

What Jen cares about is the AD budget and UW football makes a lot of money, somehow.

Write her and tell her you won't renew your tickets if Lake isn't fired.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I posted this in the Jalen McMillan thread, but thought I should drop it here. I know Jen reads the boards and didn't want her to miss this.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2021/10/03/pac-12-hot-seat-watch-jimmy-lake-in-flames-after-brutal-loss-to-oregon-state/

"...but maybe Washington AD Jen Cohen is willing to accept mediocrity."

There's no "maybe" about it.

What Jen cares about is the AD budget and UW football makes a lot of money, somehow.

Write her and tell her you won't renew your tickets if Lake isn't fired.
    It's up to season ticket holders to call in and cancel.

I cancelled after the 2007 season. Put my money where my mouth is.
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

haie said:

You have a WHL team that gets very solid support. I do remember beating up on a team from Kent at a tournament in Midget (15-17 year olds) so there must be some decent grass roots hockey around Seattle.
    We? have two WHL teams and there will absolutely be crossover.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Canadawg said:

haie said:

I’m a Kraken STH … it was about 19% of a factor in me dropping my UW hoops tickets … Hop sucking ass and college hoops largely being a pay for play level of stupidity now is another
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Yeah crossover with those whl fans. Which was not the discussion.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

I’m a Kraken STH … it was about 19% of a factor in me dropping my UW hoops tickets … Hop sucking ass and college hoops largely being a pay for play level of stupidity now is another
    Enjoy a shit hockey team with no tradition and a bunch of bandwagon fans that will jump off in 2 seasons.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

Enjoy a shit hockey team with no tradition and a bunch of bandwagon fans that will jump off in 2 seasons.
    You must live a miserable and pathetic life
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Tequilla said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

I know the MO of this bored is to take a complaint and run with it, but for God's sake man. Lighten up and go get laid or something. Some people just like to watch hockey. Also, if you're a Sonics fan you should be grateful that the Kraken came in to existence, which in turn led to the Coliseum being rebuilt to a standard that the NBA approves of. They sure as shit aren't going to work with Hansen.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,525
    Standard Supporter

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

I know the MO of this bored is to take a complaint and run with it, but for God's sake man. Lighten up and go get laid or something. Some people just like to watch hockey. Also, if you're a Sonics fan you should be grateful that the Kraken came in to existence, which in turn led to the Coliseum being rebuilt to a standard that the NBA approves of. They sure as shit aren't going to work with Hansen.
    At the very least, sit on your hand for 10 minutes and then rub one out!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

haie said:

Tequilla said:

Canadawg said:

haie said:

He's an insufferable Blazer fag.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm going to stomp the fuck out of my GAF-o-meter for just twitching. After losing to Montana AND Beav for fucks sake?!? No.