Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Vorel does it again

That the Mariners are now everything we're not is a hysterical role reversal. No pulled punches from Mike.

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/uw-husky-football/analysis-folks-these-huskies-are-no-mariners/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,408 Founders Club

Jimmy is delusional

“That’s the goal. We’re trying to score points. So the last three weeks we scored more points than the first two weeks. So mission accomplished there"

"You see the spurts of what our offense can do. If we just keep executing and doing what we know how to do, I don’t think anyone can stop us.”

Sounds like Jerry Pettibone
    Great call back
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,493 Founders Club
    chuck said:

Vorel really doesn't pull any punches. I know that virtually everyone liked Newnham, and he was a good beat writer, but I don't remember him being as willing to take aim the staff so quickly and directly when it was called for Maybe he was and I just don't remember.

He was famously used by Ty to say that Ty was quietly shocked at how bad the talent was when he came

Quietly as in the lead column of the Seattle Times
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,088
    Newnham was a Seattle sports enabler.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,911
    edited October 2021

Jimmy is delusional

“That’s the goal. We’re trying to score points. So the last three weeks we scored more points than the first two weeks. So mission accomplished there"

"You see the spurts of what our offense can do. If we just keep executing and doing what we know how to do, I don’t think anyone can stop us.”

Not defending Jimmy but to be fair the "You see the spurts of what our offense can do. If we just keep executing and doing what we know how to do, I don’t think anyone can stop us.”
    Was Mcgrew. But Jimmy was bullshittting himself and us if he thinks things are "Mission Accomplished."
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,359 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021

Jimmy is delusional

Did he see the tweet about his first half offense that went something like this?

TD; 3 & out, fumble, 3 & out, INT, FG

I’m guessing he wasn’t paying attention to that part of the game.
    Probably was listening to the Mariners broadcast on the headset

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Vorel really doesn't pull any punches. I know that virtually everyone liked Newnham, and he was a good beat writer, but I don't remember him being as willing to take aim the staff so quickly and directly when it was called for Maybe he was and I just don't remember.

He was famously used by Ty to say that Ty was quietly shocked at how bad the talent was when he came

Quietly as in the lead column of the Seattle Times
    Well I inexplicably fucked up and dropped the wrong name. I meant Condotta.

That post was from before golf and evening weed. My head is clear now.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,710
    "Through five games, the Diet Coke of UW Death Row defenses ranks 101st nationally in opponent yards per carry (4.56) and 102nd in rushing defense (182.2 yards per game)."
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,594
    AOG said:

"Through five games, the Diet Coke of UW Death Row defenses ranks 101st nationally in opponent yards per carry (4.56) and 102nd in rushing defense (182.2 yards per game)."

Lake's supposed calling card is Defense yet he lost Pete Kwat to Texas (PK couldn't stand working for Lake) and now the Husky D is bad. Exactly what does this d-bag bring to the table now?

He is 2-3 this season with losses to Oregon State and Montana! What a disaster.
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,710
    HFNY said:

AOG said:

Lake's supposed calling card is Defense yet he lost Pete Kwat to Texas (PK couldn't stand working for Lake) and now the Husky D is bad. Exactly what does this d-bag bring to the table now?

He is 2-3 this season with losses to Oregon State and Montana! What a disaster.
    They could just use tackling dummies and get about the same results
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    The defense is not great, at all. But it’s not the the difference in winning & loosing right now.