Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Vorel does it again

Comments

• chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,926 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

The defense is not great, at all. But it’s not the the difference in winning & loosing right now.

The defense has the pieces to be very good if not great.

They're being horribly misused though.

The defense has even shown the ability to stuff the run. They were doing it for a while against Beav, dropping their YPC from 6+ early in the game to <4 early in Q4, then went back into soft patticake mode after UW took the lead.

The linebackers, both inside and outside, are slow and shitty. I'd like to see them stick with the three, or better yet, 4 man front (Biwman with hand down alongside 3 DTs) but keep 5-6 DBs on the field. I'd rather have Dom Hampton, Bookie, and even Irvin or Cook in the box than Sirmon or Tafisi (those two are the same player).
  • AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,710

I was impressed with the D in the only game I have seen. I still like the goal line stand against Michigan jumbo

Not watching the games has been very healthy for me. I've enjoyed a lot of good games and am not near as upset as those poor souls with the Pac 12 Network

Looks like I do get to watch our annual loss to UCLA. Sad

In case you are wondering how I became interested in small/mid college football
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825

The defense is a fucking problem. Losing two games with under 100 opponent passing yards is insane.

If our corners are as good as you fucking think, then stack the box and have them PROOVE they can throw the fucking ball.

Fuck this team. Im a better OC than Donovan, a better DC than Gregory, and a better coach than Lake.

Dont @ me

Probably not … but point taken
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter

The defense is a fucking problem. Losing two games with under 100 opponent passing yards is insane.

If our corners are as good as you fucking think, then stack the box and have them PROOVE they can throw the fucking ball.

Fuck this team. Im a better OC than Donovan, a better DC than Gregory, and a better coach than Lake.

Dont @ me

The outcomes of Oregon state, Michigan, Montana, and soon to be UCLA are all the same if their offense never attempts a pass.

But the defense isn’t a problem. Wtf are ppl watching? It’s more scheme than personnel but cmon.

AOG said:

I was impressed with the D in the only game I have seen. I still like the goal line stand against Michigan jumbo

Not watching the games has been very healthy for me. I've enjoyed a lot of good games and am not near as upset as those poor souls with the Pac 12 Network

Thanks. We weren't.
    Well, nobody other me is fan of small/mid football. That's what happens in extreme cases of disillusionment. It all started in Coach Willingham's tenure............................................................
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,410 Founders Club
    AOG said:

AOG said:

Thanks. We weren't.
    Well, nobody other me is fan of small/mid football. That's what happens in extreme cases of disillusionment. It all started in Coach Willingham's tenure............................................................
    I think I would be if I lived near a small college town.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    edited October 2021
    "I think I would be if I lived near a small college town."

Not to take shots at you, but the point is, you do.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,410 Founders Club

"I think I would be if I lived near a small college town."

Not to take shots at you, but the point is, you do.

LawDawg1 said:

Dont @ me

Exactly. If our corners are as great as everyone says - and I do think they’re pretty good - then quit playing defense to fluff them up. Stop the fucking run and let the corners be on an island and fuck some shit up. Back pedaling safeties on obvious run plays can DIAFF.
    Exactly. Make the QB throw balls. It happened late against Gordon. I wasn’t even mad about the play. Gordon got a good jam, was a step behind, and Nolan threw his best ball of the day with a rusher in his face. A couple long runs later, the Beavs tied the game.

The long runs hurt a lot more. There is no reason for Lake to be completely married to this scheme. Bring up a strong safety and stop the run. Like DNC said, get more physical players on the field. Bring better run blitzes. Quit playing both safeties deep. When you are getting ran on every game, you have to fix the problem.
    Great post

AOG said:

AOG said:

Thanks. We weren't.
    I liken it to seeing a good band in a small club
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,759 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2021

My new found love for UMHB is well documented. Sooo… pretty sure that’s at least one person that is a fan of “small football.”

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

AOG said:

AOG said:

AOG said:

Thanks. We weren't.
    I liken it to seeing a good band in a small club
    A segregated club, no doubt.
    POTD