Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Breaking: Cristobal is racist

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2021
    DucksFC said:
    Stormy can get it tho. She also provided more insight in her 30 second hit to start the 2h than those 2 chucklefucks did all game
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

haie said:

I was never yelled at but a teammate, junior, that had to start splitting reps at safety started skipping practice, and the next practice he finally showed up to, before it started our coach had every varsity player line up and do a goal line like drill, one at a time at him. Against me and the other DBS that's not terrible but there were no breaks for him, and he obviously started having to go against OL, DL Lb at the latter half of the line. Plus our RB was a bowling ball at 205.

His entire face was covered with blood at the end, and our coach said "we did this because we care and we want you in the team" He didn't start the rest of the season but the year after as a senior he did and was an all conference player.

“We gave you free but CTE but it was because we care about you!”
    It was free. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Not sure you would have survived growing up 50 years ago.
    Did you walk 8 miles uphill on the way to school too?
    Close enough. Proud of you fudgie.
    It doesn't snow here hth
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,945
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021

haie said:

I was never yelled at but a teammate, junior, that had to start splitting reps at safety started skipping practice, and the next practice he finally showed up to, before it started our coach had every varsity player line up and do a goal line like drill, one at a time at him. Against me and the other DBS that's not terrible but there were no breaks for him, and he obviously started having to go against OL, DL Lb at the latter half of the line. Plus our RB was a bowling ball at 205.

His entire face was covered with blood at the end, and our coach said "we did this because we care and we want you in the team" He didn't start the rest of the season but the year after as a senior he did and was an all conference player.

Close enough. Proud of you fudgie.
    It doesn't snow here hth
    *uphill both ways

HTH
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,945
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

have any DUCK players come out on twatter and defended their coach?!?!?!!

havent seen any, nuff said on that!

Multiple parents…
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

People forget that Cristobal’s Oregon started the “OKG is racist” recruiting narrative (or at least coopted it from TSIO).

Karmas a bitch, Mario.

I don’t think anyone’s taking this serious. Everything I’ve read (which is only Twitter) is blasting rod for being a pot stirer. He should get with Mario Bailey so they can pull the race card into situations where it doesn’t actually belong.

Dumb fucks.
    Butt still
  • Options
    coronabruincoronabruin Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bunch of jealous Dawg fan haters in this thread.

Kudos to Mario for standing his ground.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,878
    edited September 2021

haie said:

True story:

When I was in 4th grade, I lived way out in the boonies, at pretty much the highest point in elevation on the island. When there was no snow in town, sometimes there was six inches at my place, and when there was six inches in town, we had over a foot. Anyway, it made for a long day with the ~1 hour bus ride around the northwest end, ending pretty close to my bus stop. The road I lived on was about three miles long, with my stop being right about in the middle. The first quarter mile or so of the road (when taking the long way round like the bus did) was a really steep, long hill. In all of my days of going to school, I don't recall a single snow day. "Get to school, pussies" was how they rolled back then. Buses deployed chains and sand, and they went about their way. On one particular snowy day, the bus' tools for dealing with the snow just weren't up to the task, the driver making it maybe a couple of bus lengths up the hill before realizing it just wasn't gonna happen.

So what do you do in 1988 when you're a bus driver with a load full of first-through-fifth graders with a foot of snow on the ground and three or four miles left on your route?

You open the door and tell the kids to get out and walk home!

This was back when tiny canvas deck shoes and jeans rolled tight around the ankles were in style, and my friend and neighbor Scott was fucking stupid enough to put style ahead of self-preservation on this day. He started to get frostbite after about a half mile, so myself and two other fourth grad boys carried him on our shoulders like pallbearers to a girl's house about midway home. Her mom put Scott's feet in warm water to thaw them and started calling all of the parents, who either came to get us or met us at the bottom of the next hill.

As a parent of a fourth and fifth grader, things are WAY different now! I'm certain everyone from the superintendent on down would not only be fired but castrated for pulling something like that these days.

Edit: Obligatory /csb.
    We called that "Tuesday" in the intermountain region.

Wearing Wonder Bread sacks to keep one's feet dry was the epitome of fashion.

• Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,256
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You can't coach kids anymore (well documented here, and elsewhere). You have to "advise" them, "handle" them...When a coach yelled at me, it was because I fucked up. If I didn't want to get yelled at, I didn't fuck up. The only optics that mattered was I got held accountable for not doing my job, and my teammates took note, as I did when they got their hair parted with "The Big Comb".

Now, when you fuck up, it's high fives, "you'll get him next time", "good try"...yada-yada. Then go to the back of the bench and laugh with your guys...FY,FM, FE...
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,109
    Founders Club

Anyone in for a meanest thing a sports ball coach ever said to you thread?

I could do that, as well as undeserved praise from a coach
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,532
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

haie said:

We all did before you came around. You’ll be able to tell your grandkids the same thing. That’s how this works.
    True, but imagine someone growing up as a teen right now trying to tell their grandkids, with a straight face, about how tough they had it and the new youths are pussies.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Hispanics can be white if needed

People forget that Cubans also owned African slaves.

People forget that.
    So did some Jamaicans

*cough*
    So did Race

*cough*
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

When even a Cuban dude can’t get mad at some dumbass fuckiing up…. Where was Rod when Sark was lit in the sidelines tearing into a black kid that played on special teams?

News flash, most CFB players are black. To act like Cristobal did anything wrong is so fucking soft.

The new woke age we are living in