Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We should hire the Fresno St. coach

Comments

• Options
    HairyBallsDawgHairyBallsDawg Member Posts: 1,012
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Haener is what we all thought he was …

He can make throws no question about it …

He’s also just sloppy enough to lose close games

And gutsy enough to play through an injury to beat UCLA.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

They look fucking good. He's getting that kind of play out of a roster of guys the whole Pac 12 passed on as recruits. Fresno would beat UW by four touchdowns on a bad day.

Get him now. By next year he'll have his sights set higher than UW.

Many of the Fresno State players could not qualify academically for PAC-12 schools (in the past).
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

He’s a gunslinger try hard, but he does drop dimes. His side arm quick hitters have a special rhythm.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

He’s a gunslinger try hard, but he does drop dimes. His side arm quick hitters have a special rhythm.
    He never would have looked this good at uw anyways unless tedford was around. We have had clueless staff after clueless staff running the offense.

He is a turnover machine at times but drops dimes like you said. these guys are extremely well coached in their routes and scheme and timing.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,608
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

He never would have looked this good at uw anyways unless tedford was around. We have had clueless staff after clueless staff running the offense.

He is a turnover machine at times but drops dimes like you said. these guys are extremely well coached in their routes and scheme and timing.
    UW would have neutered him for sure. He’s a perfect MWC QB. He’s good, but is small and he’s not a traditional QB.

He does have talent tho. If he was a Pete QB at Boise, he would have been special. I also think Pete’s burnout had a little to do with this. Pete knew Haener was talented.
    No way UW would have got a game out of Haener like today. And I don't think Haener could make it through a full P5 season.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

He’s your typical west coast QB

He’s dangerous enough that if he gets hot he can beat you

That’s always been big part of the challenge of going undefeated on the west coast
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

UW offense under CP and Lake is a pile of shit designed to make QB's play like shit. 3/4 of all QB recruits transfer out and the starters suck.

Would hire the Fresno guy right now. His team plays like fucking studs.
    Also worth noting haener at times gets rid of it super early to wide open check downs in stride with tons of space. I have not seen that at uw like ever. Blitz us and we crumble. I like the fresno state guy. No idea if he can actually run a program but worth a shorn big names ain’t coming here
  • Options
    TrojanSwordTrojanSword Member Posts: 542
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited September 2021
    KALEN DEBOER- would be a great choice. He has head coaching experience and no question he is a good coach. Only thing is that UW needs a proven recruiter to be head coach. With that being said I would take him right now over Jimmy Lake no question.

Haener is not the greatest QB but fuck off if you can admit he is far superior to Dylan Morris. Morris is trash.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    He is also a child of HH
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    USC will be all over him
  • Options
    Seven_ElevenSeven_Eleven Member Posts: 109
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

How sad are UCLA's fans? Biggest win in a long time against LSU and I've seen minor league baseball stadiums w. a louder crowd.

As someone that has lived in LA, you have to understand that UCLA will never be good in football, and USC will never be good in basketball. Sure, individual good years may happen, but it will always be a fluke. It doesn't matter how good you think their coach is, or how good their players are. Westwood is great. Hot girls, rich people everywhere, right near the beach. There's so much to do. But, nobody that chooses to go there will ever be a tough minded football player, because you choose to go there because you are Charmin fucking soft, or if not you become that right away. Its a fundamental law of nature the same way Coogin' it is.

Its the opposite in basketball, because basketball players are used to being Primadonnas and thrive in the soft environment and none that are any good want to live in the USC campus in South Central playing in front of fans that don't give a shit. I married into a USC family and none of them give a runny shit about the basketball team even in their best years. I'm usually the one to inform them if they are any good that year, but they fucking cry if I make fun of the football team.

You can't win at UCLA. Won't happen. Anyone that does is the fucking exception that proves the rule.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had a personal hawt take last night while watching this game:

What if Petersen's offense wasn't actually all that shitty, and it really was just an execution/personnel problem? We're all creaming our sweats over Fresno's coach this morning, but there was little about it that stood out from what UW was trying to do under Petersen. I saw lots of pre-snap motion and shifts, lots of formations, tight ends and H-backs, four and five-wide sets, single back, shotgun and under center, varied pace, preference to throw to the sideline instead of the middle of the field. Hell, even the quarterback clapping thing. About the only difference is the run:pass balance, but that might have just been situational to one game, and it's not like FSU abandoned the run (37 attempts) or sucked at it (100+ yard rusher).

In 2016, with a quarterback with two shoulders, Ross and Pettis, Gaskin, Tray and MacGeary, Sample and Dissly, the offense put up over 40 points per game, passing all over some teams and running all over others when the pass wasn't working (mostly after the shoulder injury).

Last night, Haener reminded me of Browning during one of his good games, and with a bit of extra arm. Their running back reminded me of Gaskin, consistently churning out yards and being tough. Their OL was fundamentally sound, and Haener did well moving in the pocket to help them. They have a lot of athletic receivers who find space.

So what if Petersen's offensive design wasn't the problem but losing the pieces that made it work was? Things like a change in offensive line coach, as the OL was never the same after Strausser left? Losing Pettis and Ross (number one receiver in 2019 can't get a freaking catch at Fresno!?). Gaskin moving on was probably the final nail.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

chuck said:

They look fucking good. He's getting that kind of play out of a roster of guys the whole Pac 12 passed on as recruits. Fresno would beat UW by four touchdowns on a bad day.

Get him now. By next year he'll have his sights set higher than UW.

Many of the Fresno State players could not qualify academically for PAC-12 schools except for Oregon.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dannarc said:

Ty Jones got no separation and wasn't a factor, shocking. Haener has guts and a live arm. Probably better than Morris

I mean, do you really think Morris could make those throws? He's not that consistent and he's even less athletic than Haener.
    Morris has similar arm strength and mobility IMO. So far his accuracy is inconsistent but Haener has been allowed to sling it and work through his issues. Morris really hasn't yet.

I still see Morris ad a 50:50 proposition. He might be good given a good scheme and play calling. Or he might be more of what we've seen. I think he's still unproven either way..