Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We should hire the Fresno St. coach

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheDude said:

chuck said:

They look fucking good. He's getting that kind of play out of a roster of guys the whole Pac 12 passed on as recruits. Fresno would beat UW by four touchdowns on a bad day.

Get him now. By next year he'll have his sights set higher than UW.

Yes they passed on some but alot of those kids didn't have the grades to get into Pac 12 schools. That's why teams like Fresno Boise State San Diego State are always pretty good.
    They have the same NCAA minimum standards that UW and all PAC 12 schools have aside from Stanford and (maybe) UCLA. They have more flexibility than UW to take JC transfers. They also benefit greatly from the Portal and will going forward.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2021
    chuck said:

TheDude said:

chuck said:

They look fucking good. He's getting that kind of play out of a roster of guys the whole Pac 12 passed on as recruits. Fresno would beat UW by four touchdowns on a bad day.

Yes they passed on some but alot of those kids didn't have the grades to get into Pac 12 schools. That's why teams like Fresno Boise State San Diego State are always pretty good.
    They have the same NCAA minimum standards that UW and all PAC 12 schools have aside from Stanford and (maybe) UCLA. They have more flexibility than UW to take JC transfers. They also benefit greatly from the Portal and will going forward.
    Even UCLA and Stanford have the same baseline standards, they just pretend not to.

The famous fake athlete recruiting sandal where a bunch of rich and famous people took fake photos of their kids playing sports so they could get into the school started at Stanford. Its even easier to get away with at private schools like Stanford and USC because the finances (bribes) are more hidden.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Script says Haener would suck had he stayed

He made the right move. He’s better than Eason and I wish he started over Eason. I didn’t at the time, but after watching him this year, let’s just recognize that the kid is a very good QB.
    Actually I expect that Haener would've struggled mightily in Pete's offense and lost the job due to interceptions. What he proved at UW was that he was not patient enough to protect the ball in an offense that rarely opened up receivers. Eason didn't have much of a chance to thrive either but mostly knew how to keep possession of the ball. Haener would've pushed and it would have cost him over and over.
    I disagree in hindsight. Our DB’s were good and he threw picks in practice. His realise is too quick for him to have struggled. I also see the other point and part of the confidence comes from a well coached offense at Fresno State that gets him in a rhythm.

We didn’t develop QB’s well at all under Pete. We’ll never know, but I think he could have done better than Eason. Eason had a couple good games but most games he was very average and in others he was downright bad.
  • Options

chuck said:

He made the right move. He’s better than Eason and I wish he started over Eason. I didn’t at the time, but after watching him this year, let’s just recognize that the kid is a very good QB.
    Actually I expect that Haener would've struggled mightily in Pete's offense and lost the job due to interceptions. What he proved at UW was that he was not patient enough to protect the ball in an offense that rarely opened up receivers. Eason didn't have much of a chance to thrive either but mostly knew how to keep possession of the ball. Haener would've pushed and it would have cost him over and over.
    I disagree in hindsight. Our DB’s were good and he threw picks in practice. His realise is too quick for him to have struggled. I also see the other point and part of the confidence comes from a well coached offense at Fresno State that gets him in a rhythm.

We didn’t develop QB’s well at all under Pete. We’ll never know, but I think he could have done better than Eason. Eason had a couple good games but most games he was very average and in others he was downright bad.
    In the long run Haener would have been a better choice because Eason blew up Petersons culture/philosophy and it was a mediocre 1 year rental that resulted in 8-5 (4-5). Any QB could have probably achieved that.

Eason was only going to be worth it if he was actually a savior transcendent QB... and those don't exist... especially in the unathletic statue types.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

chuck said:

In the long run Haener would have been a better choice because Eason blew up Petersons culture/philosophy and it was a mediocre 1 year rental that resulted in 8-5 (4-5). Any QB could have probably achieved that.

Eason was only going to be worth it if he was actually a savior transcendent QB... and those don't exist... especially in the unathletic statue types.
    Joe Burrow disagrees
  • Options

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Joe Burrow disagrees
    Burrow wasn't a savior QB, he was a lightly recruited forgotten QB that sat for 3 years and then begged 4-8 Nebraska to take him (Frost turned him down; "You think he’s better than what we got?” and then LSU threw a flyer at him to casually beat out vaunted Cincy for his services.

That LSU team was stacked and had the 2nd most ever players drafted (14) in a single year. 2016 Browning wins the NC with that team, rather easily...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

chuck said:

Joe Burrow disagrees
    Burrow wasn't a savior QB, he was a lightly recruited forgotten QB that sat for 3 years and then begged 4-8 Nebraska to take him (Frost turned him down; "You think he’s better than what we got?” and then LSU threw a flyer at him to casually beat out vaunted Cincy for his services.

That LSU team was stacked and had the 2nd most ever players drafted (14) in a single year. 2016 Browning wins the NC with that team, rather easily...
    He was a transfer who won the Heisman

Jesus
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021

The Fresno State coach would be my pick. He went 61-3 at Sioux Falls. No coach goes 61-3 unless they are good.

Beat your chest @DerekJohnson, Haener was good. I like Haener now. Fuck taking a back seat to Eason when you are the better QB.

@Swaye Roadie (and the OP if he was being serious, debatable) was the first to seriously call for it, looks like

EDIT @chuck actually was the first
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

chuck said:

That gave me a seizure.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2021
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147

Winners win.

Two of the three names you threw out as options are/were fucking retarded. That's why you were fucked off.

Now fuck off.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,984
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Winners win.

Two of the three names you threw out as options are/were fucking retarded. That's why you were fucked off.

Now fuck off.
    You're precious.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Damn. Props to @Kingdome_Urinals on the call back in September. Well done.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Gladstone said:

The Fresno State coach would be my pick. He went 61-3 at Sioux Falls. No coach goes 61-3 unless they are good.

Beat your chest @DerekJohnson, Haener was good. I like Haener now. Fuck taking a back seat to Eason when you are the better QB.

@Swaye Roadie (and the OP if he was being serious, debatable) was the first to seriously call for it, looks like

EDIT @chuck actually was the first
    I meant the first person to coin the term DeBoner, which was also in this thread, by @bananasnblondes
    You routinely come up with things like that so it's taken for granted.