Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

When did you know the Huskies were in deep trouble under Lake?

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2021
    haie said:

Gladstone said:

Recruiting collapse.

If it's true that Jimmy was being lazy about recruiting because he was so sure that we would win on the field and make up for it then it's a crime against college football that he gets to coach a conference game.

He can have this micky mouse ass weekend and then him and Don Jon are gone and Malloe can finish out the year with Adams as OC, and then the fucking Pete Squad is done after a miserable apple cup.

If/When he makes it to conference play and gets his shit pushed in by Cal running Michigan's game plan, I hope that is enough to finally convince the druid President.
    Don’t think it was as much Jimmy being lazy about recruiting as much as current players/kids who ended up transferring out communicating with recruits. Recruits text/hang out with current players on the team frequently.

Considering the amount of kids who transferred out, I’d say it’s pretty certain that the UW roster (especially those who played under Pete) know that Jimmy is way in over his head. So when the recruits text their friends on the team and say “hey I’m deciding between UW, USC, notre dame, oregon”…those players are being brutally honest. It happened at Oregon under helf and usc under helton.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Montana 1st quarter
    Gladstone said:

Recruiting collapse.

I hate TBS-ers with every ounce of my being and wanted to judge Jimmy on wins and losses.

Covid/Pac 12 FS robbed us TBS haters of this opportunity to fire Jimmy in 2020.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2020 season
    Swaye said:

Here are the three things, in order, that let me know this would eventually end in failure (I just didn't think it would be so soon).

1) Hiring Jon Don
    2) Recruiting collapse
    3) Losing Kwat, then upping the humiliation by replacing him with Gregory

The first two were huge harbingers. but number 3 is when I knew without question that this was a train wreck that was going to happen, the only question was when. Then the when question was answered during the 3rd quarter of the Montana game.

I still remember him going on Softy's show the day the BG promotion was announced. His explanation reeked of hubris and delusion.

"We didn't want to bring someone from the outside who would come in and throw our defense into the garbage. If we wanted the Death Row defense to keep on rolling then the best choice was right here on our staff already"
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,555
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Montana 1st quarter
    Red flags abound in 2020. Falling behind by 21 back to back weeks was very troubling. They came back and won one and were severely hamstrung with Covid suspensions in the other. So I let it pass. Recruiting was bad last year. Can't sugar coat it at all but my doog self told my rational self that Lake needed to prove to recruits that he was a winner, that the offense wasn't archaic, that he could compete on the field with good teams. Do that and the kids would come back around. I told myself that. Then Montana. Knew it right off the bat. I could feel it.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Montana 3rd quarter
    all of you voting for 2020 are full of shit. 2020 can't count for anything. Only 4 games in a covid environment. No Levi, Tryon, Tuli, Latu among others. 2020 just can't count. Questionable decisions sure, but trouble? Not yet.
  • doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2020 season

all of you voting for 2020 are full of shit. 2020 can't count for anything. Only 4 games in a covid environment. No Levi, Tryon, Tuli, Latu among others. 2020 just can't count. Questionable decisions sure, but trouble? Not yet.

Dude, he was given $850k/yr to go hire an OC and he hired John "assistant to the regional manager" Don. A fireable offense in and of itself.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2020 season

Whatever makes you feel better.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2020 season
    Donovan was the first sign of trouble

Recruiting in 2020 confirmed deep trouble

The bare minimum to earn my trust back is winning the Pac-12 and a Rose Bowl
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2020 season
    chuck said:

Good coaches are good at everything. I knew UW was in trouble as soon as recruiting went to shit.

I doogishly thought they'd hold it together on the field for a couple of years. I should've known better bases on my own rule.

This. A good coach doesn’t let that side of the job gal off a huge cliff. It’s not everything but you can’t suck that bad vs your peers.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Montana 3rd quarter
    doogville said:

Dude, he was given $850k/yr to go hire an OC and he hired John "assistant to the regional manager" Don. A fireable offense in and of itself.
    and you instantly knew this program was in trouble? Sure. Did I like the hire? No. But in @PostGameOrangeSlices words, I let it play out. Midway through the 3rd quarter of Montana we were fucked.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,483
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Gladstone said:

Recruiting collapse.

If it's true that Jimmy was being lazy about recruiting because he was so sure that we would win on the field and make up for it then it's a crime against college football that he gets to coach a conference game.

He can have this micky mouse ass weekend and then him and Don Jon are gone and Malloe can finish out the year with Adams as OC, and then the fucking Pete Squad is done after a miserable apple cup.

If/When he makes it to conference play and gets his shit pushed in by Cal running Michigan's game plan, I hope that is enough to finally convince the druid President.
    You don’t know how any of this works, do you?

There is no way Jimmy get fired this weekend, regardless of the outcome. You’re stuck with him and his buyout.

Stop with this stupid fantasy that he gets shitcanned on Sunday and Urban Meyer calls from the JAX halftime lockeroom.

You’re gonna have to choke on this for awhile, which is nothing new for shit birds like yourself.
  • ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2021
    thechatch said:

haie said:

Gladstone said:

Recruiting collapse.

There is no way Jimmy get fired this weekend, regardless of the outcome. You’re stuck with him and his buyout.

Stop with this stupid fantasy that he gets shitcanned on Sunday and Urban Meyer calls from the JAX halftime lockeroom.

You’re gonna have to choke on this for awhile, which is nothing new for shit birds like yourself.
    Yup. Jimmy will get another year with a new band of assistants. Unless he gets accused of a crime he’s there through nov22 at the earliest.

Also Oregon probably isn’t capable (or dumb enough) to beat UW 70-21 in Seattle. An absolute gift to oregon that Pete didn’t shut it down up 4 tds.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    2020 season
    ntxduck said:

thechatch said:

haie said:

Gladstone said:

Recruiting collapse.

Yup. Jimmy will get another year with a new band of assistants. Unless he gets accused of a crime he’s there through nov22 at the earliest.

Also Oregon probably isn’t capable (or dumb enough) to beat UW 70-21 in Seattle. An absolute gift to oregon that Pete didn’t shut it down up 4 tds.
    Pete tried to shut it down. The defense was just that bad. Jomon Dotson ffs was tecmo bowling the defense. Screw you guys for not tackling.