Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Dangerous New Proposal To Change Banking As We Know It

Comments

• DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club
    edited September 2021
    Cliff notes:

IRS will be able to monitor every transaction from bank account holding a minimum of $600

Globalists set rules for smaller banks with which they cannot comply. i.e.- report every single transaction to the IRS that you make. Smaller banks won't be able to comply and will go out of business.

The end game here is total surveillance of the American people
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,959 Standard Supporter

Cliff notes:

IRS will be able to monitor every transaction from bank account holding a minimum of $600

Globalists set rules for smaller banks with which they cannot comply. i.e.- report every single transaction to the IRS that you make. Smaller banks won't be able to comply and will go out of business.

I hate to say it, but this toothpaste is already out of the tube…it’s an expansion of what’s already been going on with credit cards.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybuilder/2011/01/26/is-the-government-tracking-your-credit-card-purchases/

I anticipate this thread might get into Tug Tavern territory pretty quickly, but I don’t see how you can divorce government/politics from this discussion. I’ve always maintained that data privacy is one the most pressing issues the world is facing right now, and the economic implications are going to be serious.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,441 Founders Club

Cliff notes:

I hate to say it, but this toothpaste is already out of the tube…it’s an expansion of what’s already been going on with credit cards.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybuilder/2011/01/26/is-the-government-tracking-your-credit-card-purchases/

I anticipate this thread might get into Tug Tavern territory pretty quickly, but I don’t see how you can divorce government/politics from this discussion. I’ve always maintained that data privacy is one the most pressing issues the world is facing right now, and the economic implications are going to be serious.
    I didn't realize it was already underway a decade ago

Cliff notes:

Not sure about the banking piece, but yeah, these things are nothing new. About 6 years ago the government tried to pull a similar thing with investment transactions. A little known agency, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (willinghamwho.gif) was going to shake down all the major brokerages for information on all their trades and their customers in an effort to keep a lid on money laundering and insider trading. Fortunately that got shut down.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-big-data-financial-retreat-1430436659

Sadly unless there’s some huge, sweeping legislation we’re going to keep seeing this cat and mouse game until all of our financial privacy is stripped away. What’s unfortunate about all of this is the illegal behavior they’re trying to stop with surveillance is just going to encourage MORE of it.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club

Cliff notes:

Not sure about the banking piece, but yeah, these things are nothing new. About 6 years ago the government tried to pull a similar thing with investment transactions. A little known agency, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (willinghamwho.gif) was going to shake down all the major brokerages for information on all their trades and their customers in an effort to keep a lid on money laundering and insider trading. Fortunately that got shut down.

Sadly unless there’s some huge, sweeping legislation we’re going to keep seeing this cat and mouse game until all of our financial privacy is stripped away. What’s unfortunate about all of this is the illegal behavior they’re trying to stop with surveillance is just going to encourage MORE of it.
    Actually this has been the case for a long time... I used to own a small brokerage firm and consequently learned that the major banks and security exchanges all have a live feed that the IRS and Finra have direct access to regarding the details of all dated and timestamped transactions ~ and every brokerage firm gets audited annually at which point the FINRA appointed examiner dips into the database to look at transactions and the order flow for any suspected irregularities which show up via sophisticated monitoring metrics analysis.

Meanwhile each brokerage firm and all of the banks must compare every client they have with the ongoing list of known [suspected] money launderers, and futhermore, must report all suspicious transactions over 10,000.

The compliance people at the firms must setup and maintain ever increasingly sophisticated metric analysis programs that perform active and comprehensive due diligence and regularly report directly to the regulatory authorities ~ and they are personally liable [and are personally subject to stiff fines] for failing to do so.

This is a wicked weave that is now going global which is why i have been warning people about unreported Crypto transactions.

Derek’s just worried that the IRS will catch onto Hardcore Husky being a shell company for Russian arms dealing.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,602 Standard Supporter

Cliff notes:

Actually this has been the case for a long time... I used to own a small brokerage firm and consequently learned that the major banks and security exchanges all have a live feed that the IRS and Finra have direct access to regarding the details of all dated and timestamped transactions ~ and every brokerage firm gets audited annually at which point the FINRA appointed examiner dips into the database to look at transactions and the order flow for any suspected irregularities which show up via sophisticated monitoring metrics analysis.

Meanwhile each brokerage firm and all of the banks must compare every client they have with the ongoing list of known [suspected] money launderers, and futhermore, must report all suspicious transactions over 10,000.

The compliance people at the firms must setup and maintain ever increasingly sophisticated metric analysis programs that perform active and comprehensive due diligence and regularly report directly to the regulatory authorities ~ and they are personally liable [and are personally subject to stiff fines] for failing to do so.

This is a wicked weave that is now going global which is why i have been warning people about unreported Crypto transactions.
    Hmm...interesting - and a certain poster mocked me when I said the SEC knows every fucking thing that goes on relative to stock trades.....

FINRA and the SEC know EVERYTHING.

• TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    Well the truth Finra and the SEC are in the position to know everything because they have direct access to the data... the US treasury is the most powerful agency in the world and they are the puppetmaster for all data access and everyone else does their bidding.

The only limiting factor for the regulators is their budget and lack of staff and therefore the focus is always on low hanging fruit... therefore the metrics analysis reliance and bullying the mandated compliance staffs of all financial firms to do there work for them regarding whisleblowing.

They just announced that they have now paid out 1 billion to whisleblowers... in reality, the way it works is whisleblowers are in some cases actually complicit with the crime, but if they report and the case is successfully prosecuted, they not only are held harmless but better yet they actually share in the proceeds of the fines which are often in the millions. Conflicts of interest be damned.

Well the truth Finra and the SEC are in the position to know everything because they have direct access to the data... the US treasury is the most powerful agency in the world and they are the puppetmaster for all data access and everyone else does their bidding.

The only limiting factor for the regulators is their budget and lack of staff and therefore the focus is always on low hanging fruit... therefore the metrics analysis reliance and bullying the mandated compliance staffs of all financial firms to do there work for them regarding whisleblowing.

They just announced that they have now paid out 1 billion to whisleblowers... in reality, the way it works is whisleblowers are in some cases actually complicit with the crime, but if they report and the case is successfully prosecuted, they not only are held harmless but better yet they actually share in the proceeds of the fines which are often in the millions. Conflicts of interest be damned.

This is what’s so scary. Even if the government doesn’t necessarily have the resources or (if we want to be charitable) the desire to use the data at their disposal, *they still have it*…which means one stop shopping for foreign governments/hackers.

Data is a powerful thing. Every digital breadcrumb you leave paints a picture of your spending habits, your movements, etc. that can then be used to extrapolate future behavior. I’m not just talking big picture stuff like financial projections for stock purchases, I’m talking about smaller stuff like predicting when someone will put their house on the market. I’m woefully ignorant about everything that goes on, but I know enough to be concerned and get very angry that this stuff isn’t talked about more.