Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club

IDGAF about Ryan Day at tOSU, Reilly at Oklahomo, Meat at Oregon, or Dabo at Climpson.

Washington has NEVER been successful in the modern era with promoting the coordinator (or going after a young hot shot one).

@RaceBannon is right and the next coach needs to be "found" in among the up and comer HC's in the mid majors.

Tiny sample size, can't conclude shit. @RaceBannon is also right in that most coaches suck. There's no tried and true formula. You either hire the right person or you don't.
    It's the only sample size we have.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,588
    Don't forget that if Lake beats Arkansas State but then loses at home to Cal, players who haven't already considered the Portal will definitely consider it. What's the first rule of wound care? STOP THE BLEEDING.
  • TheRoarOfTheCrowdTheRoarOfTheCrowd Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,684 Founders Club
    HFNY said:

Don't forget that if Lake beats Arkansas State but then loses at home to Cal, players who haven't already considered the Portal will definitely consider it. What's the first rule of wound care? STOP THE BLEEDING.

Yes and sometimes that means applying the tourniquet which in this case means firing some people or the portal will be full... we have already lost key guys that we absolutely needed to win this year and provide the coverage for the horrendous recruiting that is taking place under this completely inept coaching tree.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

IDGAF about Ryan Day at tOSU, Reilly at Oklahomo, Meat at Oregon, or Dabo at Climpson.

Washington has NEVER been successful in the modern era with promoting the coordinator (or going after a young hot shot one).

@RaceBannon is right and the next coach needs to be "found" in among the up and comer HC's in the mid majors.

Tiny sample size, can't conclude shit. @RaceBannon is also right in that most coaches suck. There's no tried and true formula. You either hire the right person or you don't.
    Exactly. All sample sizes are shit. It's a crapshoot for those who don't know the first thing about what to look for in a head coach. Like us and Jen.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,943 Founders Club

Exactly. All sample sizes are shit. It's a crapshoot for those who don't know the first thing about what to look for in a head coach. Like us and Jen.
    If any fanbase should have all this memorized by now it is us

4th choices do great. Can't miss hires miss. Hit a home run on one hire strike out on the next three

You really need the two or three year rule and to hold to it. Churning coaches hurts less than keeping bad one an extra year or two because.....
    I think this is the key point in all of this. I also think in extreme situations of duress you need to cut-bait as soon as it's 100 percent likely that the coach will never be good. This is clearly the case with Jimmy Lake. He's bombed his debut we don't need to give him 3 years to figure it out. He never will.
    Yes Jimmy would fall under 2 years at the end of this year and its so bad that its enough.

I seriously thought that the retarded season last year had a real effect on recruiting. But last year is no reason whatsoever for being completely unprepared for this year. That's a firing offense. And the theory of winning hearts and minds back from recruits can now only happen with a new coach

Arkansas State is the only team we play that played a full season last year. The rest came into the year the same was we? did
    Like, you, I wasn't willing to fire Jimmy based solely on the poor recruiting and lackluster hires. There wasn't enough to go off of from last year and we needed to see the on field product which is far worse than once could think was possible.

Thanks Jimmy for making it easy to go to a war footing.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,754 Swaye's Wigwam
    FireCohen said:

I blame tits Cohen. She was a fucking mistake

Butt Kim said she’s so gosh darn mad. That’s enough for me to have faith in her fixing this.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

FireCohen said:

I blame tits Cohen. She was a fucking mistake

Butt Kim said she’s so gosh darn mad. That’s enough for me to have faith in her fixing this.
    You should kill yourself and save your kids from all the years of therapy they will need because of a mouth breathing moron of a father.
  • digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,470

Apparently Peterman doesn't either. It's mind boggling to me how he thought Lake was the guy.

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

i scanned through that article but it was so many fucking words (we aint come here to play school).

i did have higher hopes for lake as i had thought he'd be a sponge with what peterman was doing and then do it 'his way.' recruiting would take off, MOAR SIZZLE, MOAR WINS!

then sonics jumped in and said lake 'was lazy' and i thought sonics was wrong 'no way lake could be lazy, peterman didnt do that' but sonics was/is right.

i dont know if saying 'jimmy is in over his head' because jimmy has no idea what it takes to be a head coach. id be extremely hesitant to fire him because cohen would fuck up the next head coach but god damn, this program has fallen off a cliff.

I tried to warn you all something wasn't right. This fall came quicker than I expected though. I thought we were going to tank next year.
    You were dialed in like you were with crypto