Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The script says we beat Arkansas State by 2-3 TDs

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Swaye said:

My worst fear is that Jimmy goes 6-6 or 7-5 and brags about it because everyone counted us out. We hang 42 on WSU in our best game of the season. He says some positive stuff about getting back to winning PAC 12 titles and competing for Natty’s. Doogs and quite possibly myself (I can’t help it) are optimistic.

Huard and/or a couple other key players get hurt and we go 7-5 again the next year. Jimmy touts our close losses and the next year will be the year. Jimmy improves to 8-4 but we are still nowhere close to winning the PAC 12.

I gotta tell you 7-5 would be a miracle at this point. This team looks terrible.
    I think 5-7 wins is very possible, but maybe not. I was thinking about problems outside of the offense and Donovan. We know that needs to change and should have never happened.

The culture and organization sucks. So many hiring mistakes, the recruiting mishaps, and personnel mistakes. They lose to Arkansas State and many players will pack up and quit. I think we already have quite a few that don’t work very hard to develop. We have some more that are pussies. I blame the coaches, but I also hate some of the kids. I might make a Tequilla length post about it later.
    Even five wins means we go at least 4-5 in conference. Unless something drastically changes, this is a 3-6 team at best.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Swaye said:

My worst fear is that Jimmy goes 6-6 or 7-5 and brags about it because everyone counted us out. We hang 42 on WSU in our best game of the season. He says some positive stuff about getting back to winning PAC 12 titles and competing for Natty’s. Doogs and quite possibly myself (I can’t help it) are optimistic.

Huard and/or a couple other key players get hurt and we go 7-5 again the next year. Jimmy touts our close losses and the next year will be the year. Jimmy improves to 8-4 but we are still nowhere close to winning the PAC 12.

I gotta tell you 7-5 would be a miracle at this point. This team looks terrible.
    7-5 would require winning every winnable game on the schedule

Not beating UCLA, Oregon, or ASU
  • Options

Tequilla said:

You don’t lose to Montana and get skull fucked by Michigan on national TV and love to see the other side

Insert Nevada at home and historically bad Arizona and a National tv lifeless loss to Ohio state and you have 2003 to a tee. Spoiler alert. The coach came back after that disaster. We have learned nothing.
    The thought had crossed my mind that there was some 2003 here … but I think it’s going to be worse than that
  • Options
    thechatch said:

I’m saying UW 31 Arky St 27 in a nail biter in the rain at Husky Stadium in front of 50k or so miserable fans.

50k are showing up in the rain?

I know that ain’t happening in my seats
  • Options
    Bojo1324Bojo1324 Member Posts: 24
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Our last two trips to the West Coast weren't good.

2012 Oregon put 50 up in the first half in Marcus Mariota's first start.
    2015 USC beat us 55-6 when Juju Smith Schuster torched us repeatedly.

Hoping to keep this one competitive.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,589
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Best case scenario is I see UW running up the middle early and often and falling behind 10-0 at half. By the second half UW starts throwing and either Morris or Huard score some points. Arky st will turn the ball over a couple times and UW eeks out a 20-13 win.

Most likely scenario is UW runs up the middle, down 10-0 at half and the team packs it in in front of an empty Greatest Setting and loses 24-10.
  • Options
    Bojo1324Bojo1324 Member Posts: 24
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Best case scenario is I see UW running up the middle early and often and falling behind 10-0 at half. By the second half UW starts throwing and either Morris or Huard score some points. Arky st will turn the ball over a couple times and UW eeks out a 20-13 win.

Most likely scenario is UW runs up the middle, down 10-0 at half and the team packs it in in front of an empty Greatest Setting and loses 24-10.

If you run up the middle at the right guys, we might give up 70-80 yard touchdowns. It has happened before.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,589
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bojo1324 said:

If you run up the middle at the right guys, we might give up 70-80 yard touchdowns. It has happened before.
    Have you seen UW run up the middle? Not pretty.
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Does Arkansas State have hot chicks?
  • Options
    PolluxPollux Member Posts: 25
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bojo1324 said:

Our last two trips to the West Coast weren't good.

2012 Oregon put 50 up in the first half in Marcus Mariota's first start.
    2015 USC beat us 55-6 when Juju Smith Schuster torched us repeatedly.

Hoping to keep this one competitive.

We hope it’s competitive as well. Otherwise we got boat-raced.

The game plan should be to stack the box. We’ll run right into it anyway. Fuck, put 11 in the box and Jimmy John still won’t know how to beat it.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

thechatch said:

I’m saying UW 31 Arky St 27 in a nail biter in the rain at Husky Stadium in front of 50k or so miserable fans.

50k are showing up in the rain?

I know that ain’t happening in my seats
    30,000 actual living, breathing people in the stands, tops.

150,000 tickets distributed.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,893
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I used to think that. I don't think they'll get to 6-6 unless they fire Dono now. Even 6-6 will appease a lot of these dumb Doogs.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Bojo1324 said:

hardhat said:

Does Arkansas State have hot chicks?

Married one who went there, so legally have to say yes.
    Pics or GTFO!
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This game is going to be the most embarrassing one yet. Arky St by two scores, say 24-12.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    thechatch said:

The over/under is 5.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I used to think that. I don't think they'll get to 6-6 unless they fire Dono now. Even 6-6 will appease a lot of these dumb Doogs.
    I’m thinking it gets ugly too. I am worried they catch a spark when Donovan gets fired and Huard starts at QB.