Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

One of the most disturbing things from yesterday

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
In the game's final minutes, the players looked like they were trudging through a practice

No competitive fire, no urgency, no nothing...

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This isn't an excuse to not bludgeon an FCS team at home, but players don't want to play in these games, coaches don't want to coach in them, and fans don't want to watch. Sucks for the Portland States of the world but this is just a bad product even when UW bulldozes them.

This game reminded me of 2014 when we were losing to Georgia State at half. I believe the coaches absolutely crushed them in the locker room. Wonder what was said at half last night. Too bad we don't have a Marcus Peters to come out and just beast the other team's receivers out of frustration.

We also nearly lost to Eastern. Twice.
  • Options
    lvdlvd Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    What is going on with the receivers? How do at least 3 of the top receivers go down before the first real game is played and another goes down after the first drive? Either they are fragile mentally and physically and can't take any punishment or they are silently boycotting the offensive playbook. Already lost at least 3 "top" receivers to the portal during the offseason too possibly due to the same reason. Morris has had a lot of adjustments to make with all the different receiver going in and out of the rotation. I recommend a conditioning program for the remaining healthy receivers via diet and exercise (kind of kidding but not really).
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Haener fumbling certainly helped. And 17 points off turnovers on Oregon’s side. Don’t twist.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

Haener fumbling certainly helped. And 17 points off turnovers on Oregon’s side. Don’t twist.

Haener wasn't the reason they lost, if that's what your troll attempt is trying to convey
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Not trolling. But when the QB fumbles when you need a little spark, that certainly helps.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited September 2021

LawDawg1 said:

Haener wasn't the reason they lost, if that's what your troll attempt is trying to convey
    Agree. Oregon won the game because they finally started running the football with success.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

Not trolling. But when the QB fumbles when you need a little spark, that certainly helps.

Agreed
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    LawDawg1 said:

Oregon was letting Haener throw as much as he wanted, wherever he wanted. That got them to a 21-6 lead. Then Foot off the gas which IMO is the sign of a shitty team anyway so don’t twist.

As soon as they needed to shut it down, they dropped the zone coverage on D and got their balls together and just ran it at them. If we’re not counting fumbles and takeaways this year I’d like to know, now.

I still think they suck. The QB sucks and the RBs suck and Mario has turned Moorehead into Arroyo.
    I thought that before the game and I think it now.

Oregon and Washington are still favorites for the North.

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s quite possible that Moorhead sucks
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

In the game's final minutes, the players looked like they were trudging through a practice

Completely agree. I think he has already lost the team.

They play slow with no energy. It’s like a different sport watching other teams.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter

LawDawg1 said:

Oregon was letting Haener throw as much as he wanted, wherever he wanted. That got them to a 21-6 lead. Then Foot off the gas which IMO is the sign of a shitty team anyway so don’t twist.

As soon as they needed to shut it down, they dropped the zone coverage on D and got their balls together and just ran it at them. If we’re not counting fumbles and takeaways this year I’d like to know, now.

I still think they suck. The QB sucks and the RBs suck and Mario has turned Moorehead into Arroyo.

Mario has turned Moorehead into Arroyo. You just articulated in 6 words what I've spent about 5 posts trying to say.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

Could be, but the one constant with both Moorehead and Arroyo is Mario and it's amazing how both OC's "offenses" look like each others.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    SFGbob said:

Tequilla said:

Could be, but the one constant with both Moorehead and Arroyo is Mario and it's amazing how both OC's "offenses" look like each others.
    I’m also extrapolating based on how Moorhead left Mississippi St
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,600
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I wouldn't know. PAC12 using Sling cut away to the Coug pre-game in the final minutes
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,516
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

LawDawg1 said:

The most concerning thing I saw yesterday was how much better Shough looked away from MC/moorehead
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    edited September 2021

LawDawg1 said:

Oregon is better than Washington but don't quote me.

The rest of the conference does look like the usual dumpster fire other than my Bruins

Losses to Nevada, Utah State, BYU, and of course Montana

Call it Oregon v UCLA
    Where were you when your Bruins were 10-21 after Chip’s first two season’s at UCLA?

Where were you last year when your Bruins went 3-4 during the COVID shortened season?