Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Weirdest Husky Careers

Comments

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,561
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Roc Alexander was a CO guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX0tVDmX5Qo

Rosengarten on the current roster seems to have some promise on the OL.

I strongly think Neu was a pretty shite coach after 2000 but fuck don't you miss watching games where they didn't always execute perfectly throughout but made big plays to win games from time-to-time?

Psalm Wooching is a good one. We all hated him but he somehow defied the odds and started on the 2016 D?

Also, I thought Kevin King was one of the worst players I had ever seen playing safety under Sark. Then he ended up as an early second round pick at corner. Turns out coaching matters.

Everyone didn't hate Psalm when he was a starter in 2016? I thought it was all still just hate and recognized by a massive failure by Petersen and to recruit better edge defenders? He damn near destroyed the season before it got started at Arizona that year and may have got lucky that year that only Saban and Bama were smart enough to follow Arizona's blueprint and just run at Psalm every play. He also should have had an easy fumble recovery in that Peach Bowl that could have opened up some hope in that game.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,105
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Kikaha had a strange career. Started out as Jamora and had a good true freshman season. Blew his knee out year 2. Blew his other knee out in year 3. Missed two full seasons.

Came back as Kikaha and was very good in his return. The next year he led the country in sacks. Blew his knee out again at least once in the NFL after his rookie season and never was the same. Bounced around a little bit and never made a roster again.

Great call back
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Just get J in there
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,961
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tom Erlandson was from Colorado. Played one or two years in the NFL.

@DerekJohnson is the rain man of Husky Football stats
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I expect every Husky to fail in some strange way or another. The weirdest is when they don’t.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Azeem Victor and Austin Sefarian Jenkins

Older they got….worse they got
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,105
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Rich Alexis - Storybook beginning scoring on a long option run against his hometown Miami on his way to being a Frosh All-American to nothing really after that

Donald Butler - Trucked me in high school, said he would be special on the old boards, was special on awful Ty teams, good in the NFL, gets paid, then parties out of the league

Reggie Williams- Guaranteed he couldn't bust, Parties out of the league.

Colin Porter/Trey Adams - guys I would have bet would be playing on Sundays, but OL is a bitch with injuries. Trey was a legit mullet dunking all American, then couldn't move anymore after the ASU ACL. Porter held his own as a true Frosh then fell apart.

Leon Neal - spent his career behind Napoleon and got hurt the one season he was the guy. Dillon made everyone forget he existed the next year. Always seemed like a what if guy.

Great list
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,575
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Rich Alexis - Storybook beginning scoring on a long option run against his hometown Miami on his way to being a Frosh All-American to nothing really after that

Donald Butler - Trucked me in high school, said he would be special on the old boards, was special on awful Ty teams, good in the NFL, gets paid, then parties out of the league

Reggie Williams- Guaranteed he couldn't bust, Parties out of the league.

Colin Porter/Trey Adams - guys I would have bet would be playing on Sundays, but OL is a bitch with injuries. Trey was a legit mullet dunking all American, then couldn't move anymore after the ASU ACL. Porter held his own as a true Frosh then fell apart.

Leon Neal - spent his career behind Napoleon and got hurt the one season he was the guy. Dillon made everyone forget he existed the next year. Always seemed like a what if guy.

Porter hurt his neck? He was a bull in a china shop. His demise was a tough one because he came during an era of UW offensive line recruiting purgatory. Porter stepped on the field as a true frosh and looked far physically superior to anybody we had on the roster. I always loved Neal. He got a cup of coffee in the NFL having hardly played real snaps at UW. Much like Jeramy Brigham those were the days when the backup to the backup would get looks at NFL training camps and like Brigham would carve out a nice career for themselves.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729

I think Jay Barry was from Colorado. He was a pretty good player for us, made some big plays. Not a head case.

Jay and Damon who played as a true frosh.
    Damon got hurt medical retirement…. Did not get into UW law school go figure but was accepted to multiple other law schools. Picked Nebraska… had his own sports firm, Jay worked for him.

Unknown fact their dad was the mayor
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,575
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think Jay Barry was from Colorado. He was a pretty good player for us, made some big plays. Not a head case.

Jay and Damon who played as a true frosh.
    Damon got hurt medical retirement…. Did not get into UW law school go figure but was accepted to multiple other law schools. Picked Nebraska… had his own sports firm, Jay worked for him.

Unknown fact their dad was the mayor
    Cool information. Who is Damon? Damon Mack? Thought he was from California.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Damon Berry. Wide out. Was watching a 60 minute Michigan Football Classic lat night

The 93 Rose Bowl. Damon caught a pass

Ty Weatly rang up 235 yards

Jason Shelley was big. Brunell, Nip, Brunner, Lincoln Kennedy.

UW was still loaded, should have won easily but mailed it in after the Times dropping 3 of 4

They would have been the only team to win 3 straight