Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Weirdest Husky Careers

WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,638
First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
Swaye's Wigwam
edited August 2021 in Hardcore Husky Board
Was recently going back and looking at the 2014 season and came to the realization Cyler Miles probably had the weirdest career of a Husky I can remember in my lifetime.

-Comes out of Colorado as a high four-star and commits to UW when Sark is flying high at 7-6 (sidenote, has UW ever gotten a player out of Colorado that hasn't been a bust or head case?)
-Turns down a hot pitch from USC and signs as the second QB in the same class with a local four-star QB
-Is immediately declared a future minor savior by a lot of doogs
-Steps in for Keith Price a bit, looks good, and many want him to replace Price
-Assaults Seahawk fans after the Super Bowl, almost gets kicked off the team
-Wins the starting job and is really bad
-Retires from football and actually retires with eligibility. I feel like you have players now who have to retire because they lose a limb and still find a way to just play somewhere else, but he legit quit football.
-My dad points out at some point that he looks like the Grinch Who Stole Christmas

Other weird careers that crossed my mind - Greg Walker, Greg Carothers, EJ Savannah, James Johnson, Andrew Hudson - mostly considering guys who were in the program for at least a few years.

Comments