Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jahlil Florence, 2022 3* DB, San Diego (Lincoln), CA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    LB_33 said:

We are a sinking ship. Everyone can see it except the people in the program.

You think Huard will ever hit the transfer portal?
    This is a helluva scenario. Legacy dude, local boy, amazing recruit. If he does leave, you know the program has Chernobyl'd. Selfishly, i'd love to see what the doogman morons would spin up.
    Eh, I think it’s likely he would portal if Morris legit beats him out and is the starter let’s say 2 years from now. That’s certainly a possibility and maybe even probable at this point. Especially if Morris balls out this year.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

LB_33 said:

This is a helluva scenario. Legacy dude, local boy, amazing recruit. If he does leave, you know the program has Chernobyl'd. Selfishly, i'd love to see what the doogman morons would spin up.
    Eh, I think it’s likely he would portal if Morris legit beats him out and is the starter let’s say 2 years from now. That’s certainly a possibility and maybe even probable at this point. Especially if Morris balls out this year.
    Yeah, if Morris has a good season this year, Huard is looking at a scenario where he could be a backup for 2 more years if he stays at UW. A school like LSU or whoever could come along and say "hey, we want you as our starter next season. Come here and you'll be in the NFL before you'd be seeing the field at UW"

It's why I hate that we are just punting on QB recruiting this year because "we have Huard"
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2021

LB_33 said:

Yeah, if Morris has a good season this year, Huard is looking at a scenario where he could be a backup for 2 more years if he stays at UW. A school like LSU or whoever could come along and say "hey, we want you as our starter next season. Come here and you'll be in the NFL before you'd be seeing the field at UW"

It's why I hate that we are just punting on QB recruiting this year because "we have Huard"
    We aren't punting on QB recruiting this year. They actually got someone fairly high on their bored at QB.

I think Stratton is the right kind of QB to have behind Huard. He has potential but is more likely to stick through the portal era.

QB's about the only position I don't have major recruiting complaints right now (maybe TE and RB).

Hopefully Conerly hops on bored and OL joins that list.
  • Options
    LB_33LB_33 Member Posts: 323
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

LB_33 said:

We aren't punting on QB recruiting this year. They actually got someone fairly high on their bored at QB.

I think Stratton is the right kind of QB to have behind Huard. He has potential but is more likely to stick through the portal era.

QB's about the only position I don't have major recruiting complaints right now (maybe TE and RB).

At this point in time with the portal, it almost makes sense to not load up on a QB every year unless they're highly rated or you need a development guy behind a 5*. All you have to do is wait for the blue chip backup who wants playing time from Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc. to bail.
  • Options
    LB_33 said:

dnc said:

LB_33 said:

At this point in time with the portal, it almost makes sense to not load up on a QB every year unless they're highly rated or you need a development guy behind a 5*. All you have to do is wait for the blue chip backup who wants playing time from Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, etc. to bail.
    You're assuming those guys want to portal here and play for Jon Don.

They'll have better options.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

LB_33 said:

Thsts a pretty dumb statement. A good QB is committed. You're basically a star fucker when it comes to recruiting. I get that. But take a look. The guy can play and has a very high ceiling. He's big, mobile, physical, and has a great arm.
  • Options

dnc said:

LB_33 said:

Relative to the defense, the coaches on offense are doing their job. Otton and Bogan should be layups and Cato did enough just to not fuck it up. If Huff lands Conerly it'll be a really good OL class even with the in-state misses. Denzel Boston was a reach but I'll give Junior the benefit of a doubt in recruiting since he's pulled in his share of blue chips (his coaching however is another story). Even everyone's favorite yard skeleton enthusiast landed an out of state 4* this year. I assume JD sucks at recruiting but Stratton is a solid pickup and I have no issues with it.

On defense the only coach pulling his weight is Malloe but I'm still pissed at him for losing Tafiti. Hopefully he can hold Rip's hand and helps him hang onto Roberts. BG and the DB coaches are beyond hope.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings, though I'm starting to get concerned Adams is on the Matt Lubick trajectory as a recruiter. Just hard to tell how much of that is Adams and how much is the general recruiting lethargy under Lake.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Maybe they don’t because recruiting has no bearing on this season (or next really) and they are ready to win now?

I’m excited to win the PAC 12 while you TBSers are worried 2024 won’t be special.
    So they should ignore 50% of their job? And what if this year isn't special then what?
    If this year sucks, it’s all over anyways.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

LB_33 said:

Relative to the defense, the coaches on offense are doing their job. Otton and Bogan should be layups and Cato did enough just to not fuck it up. If Huff lands Conerly it'll be a really good OL class even with the in-state misses. Denzel Boston was a reach but I'll give Junior the benefit of a doubt in recruiting since he's pulled in his share of blue chips (his coaching however is another story). Even everyone's favorite yard skeleton enthusiast landed an out of state 4* this year. I assume JD sucks at recruiting but Stratton is a solid pickup and I have no issues with it.

On defense the only coach pulling his weight is Malloe but I'm still pissed at him for losing Tafiti. Hopefully he can hold Rip's hand and helps him hang onto Roberts. BG and the DB coaches are beyond hope.
    Pretty much sums up my feelings, though I'm starting to get concerned Adams is on the Matt Lubick trajectory as a recruiter. Just hard to tell how much of that is Adams and how much is the general recruiting lethargy under Lake.
    Yeah, since landing Germie last year it seems like he's completely checked out on reruiting. CJ Williams, Tetairoa McMillan, Merriweather, Clemons, etc didn't even give us a whiff this cycle. If the trend continues into the next cycle then he should be gone. He's been an average position coach at best and his lone saving grace thus far has been his recruiting.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I haven’t wanted to touch this one, but yes. Not a good situation for him. If Morris plays well he’s going to continue to start. Huard isn’t going to wait 3-4 years to start.
  • Options

Quite honestly if Huard can't beat out Dynamo WDWHA. And we do want him.

Huard quarterbacks have always had to knock out an incumbent and have done it sooner rather than later. If Sam is who @dnc thinks he is he will get 4 games minimum this year to play in and may be starter by the time we play Bama in the playoffs

There were all kinds of rumblings that Damon wanted Sam to redshirt this year anyway, so I'm not too worried about a portal anytim soon. If Sam can't get any run in 2022 then I'll start to be concerned about a transfer.
  • Options

I haven’t wanted to touch this one, but yes. Not a good situation for him. If Morris plays well he’s going to continue to start. Huard isn’t going to wait 3-4 years to start.
    If Morris plays that well is he really not going to give the NFL a shot after 2022? I know he's not the prototype but I just can't see the intersection between "good enough to hold off Sam for three seasons" and "not good enough to go to the NFL after four years in college" as very large.

It's a non zero chance for sure but if Morris is that good I'm betting on him being in the league by 2023.

We'll see.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

If Morris plays that well is he really not going to give the NFL a shot after 2022? I know he's not the prototype but I just can't see the intersection between "good enough to hold off Sam for three seasons" and "not good enough to go to the NFL after four years in college" as very large.

It's a non zero chance for sure but if Morris is that good I'm betting on him being in the league by 2023.

We'll see.
    If Morris is that good, or the other option is he's fine but Huard doesn't develop and Morris stays all four years.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,623
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

We'll see.
    This is where I'm at. If Huard isn't playing next year it's either because Morris is that good, meaning he gone after the season. Or it means that Huard just isn't very good, in which case he can go ahead and jump to the portal.

My prediction is that Morris continues to be a solid but not special quarterback, Huard gets some reps late this season, and there's a legit QB battle next fall that Huard wins.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

We'll see.
    There is definitely a lot that needs to shake out. That said, we will have more QB’s coming in. Most QB’s bust and/or get buried in the depth. Lately, very few back up QB’s stay and be the back up. They head out because they need to find a place where they can play.